Quantcast

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Mario Bros... for Genesis

YM3438 Master! ESWAT Veteran evildragon's Avatar

I made mention earlier about minus world not working, just goes black for me.

I would SO love to see real hardware support. It would then become an instant permanent stay on my MegaCart.
    Customized Sega Genesis Model 1 - VA3. Energy efficient with buck converters instead of LM7805's.

Quote Originally Posted by evildragon View Post
    I made mention earlier about minus world not working, just goes black for me.
    Only after Guntz and I mentioned it back on the first page.

Also, is it just me or do the "flying" Cheep-Cheeps seem a bit... floaty? They look like they are continuously making small jumps in the air until they start falling... Might just be seeing things.

I love the underwater music also.

Oh oops, my bad, didn't know a few I said was already mentioned.

Too much to drink today..
    Customized Sega Genesis Model 1 - VA3. Energy efficient with buck converters instead of LM7805's.

I'd like to see a port where just PSG is used.. I don't know, but to me the YM2612 doesn't really fit in..

ding-doaw Raging in the Streets tomaitheous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kool kitty89 View Post
    Yeah, it seems like some of the palette conversion is a bit off, I'd think 9-bit RGB had much closer matches than a lot of that stuff.
    Yeah, it translates better than that (I have my own conversion table, if I knew where he kept his palette data in the rom, I could update it). Not sure why he chose those colors. Might have something to do with him being from Argentina (not sure if they use that funky NTSC with PAL subcarrier system like Brazil or not).

Raging in the Streets KnightWarrior's Avatar

I played this game just now on Fusion, He did a good job on it, But why did he make night a dark grey??

It dosn't run in PGen on the PS2

Silly question: why will this not work on a real Genesis?
    Denial - The Commodore Vic 20 Community

Wildside Expert

For those who want to get it working on real hardware, try patching the ROM at offset $552 -> replace $06 with $04

What it does is clearing the M3 latch bit in VDP register 0 instead of setting it: setting this bit would freeze the HV counter on a real console, which locks the game later when it is waiting for VBlank. Kega Fusion actually does not emulate this bit hence why it works for it. I figured it because it did not work on Genesis Plus GX either (which emulate this accurately) so I took a look at what the program did ;-)

For the record, this is also the reason why no emulators accurately emulate Sunset Riders intro screen.

EDIT: Tried on real hardware (model 2 with TMSS + everdrive) and it seems there is something else , it still hangs for unknown reason
    Last edited by Eke-Eke; 07-01-2010 at 08:28 AM.

Extreme Procrastinator Master of Shinobi Flygon's Avatar

I was expecting to be rickrolled like that joke SNES hack released a while ago (It has a fair few of Starmen.net fooled for a while until someone spoiled the topic), needless to say, I am extremely pleasantly surprised.

Pity rep is still rep. Raging in the Streets Mr Smith's Avatar

Super Mario has no place on a Sega console, except maybe as a boss that you get to beat to a pulp. We all know Mario is a Commie spy whose influence only took hold after the Hoff tore down the Berlin Wall after instruction from Kaiser 108 Stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamahl
    You my lord, are a poet and a scholar. Of death.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smith View Post
    Super Mario has no place on a Sega console, except maybe as a boss that you get to beat to a pulp. We all know Mario is a Commie spy whose influence only took hold after the Hoff tore down the Berlin Wall after instruction from Kaiser 108 Stars.
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/307402
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_xQ-ns5whw
    6 days older than SEGA Genesis
    -------------
    Quote Originally Posted by evilevoix View Post
    Dude it’s the bios that marries the 16 bit and the 8 bit that makes it 24 bit. If SNK released their double speed bios revision SNK would have had the world’s first 48 bit machine, IDK how you keep ignoring this.
    Quote Originally Posted by evilevoix View Post
    the PCE, that system has no extra silicone for music, how many resources are used to make music and it has less sprites than the MD on screen at once but a larger sprite area?

ToeJam is a wiener Hero of Algol Guntz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eke-Eke View Post
    For those who want to get it working on real hardware, try patching the ROM at offset $552 -> replace $06 with $04

What it does is clearing the M3 latch bit in VDP register 0 instead of setting it: setting this bit would freeze the HV counter on a real console, which locks the game later when it is waiting for VBlank. Kega Fusion actually does not emulate this bit hence why it works for it. I figured it because it did not work on Genesis Plus GX either (which emulate this accurately) so I took a look at what the program did ;-)

For the record, this is also the reason why no emulators accurately emulate Sunset Riders intro screen.

EDIT: Tried on real hardware (model 2 with TMSS + everdrive) and it seems there is something else , it still hangs for unknown reason
    That's really disappointing. Good job fixing that bug though. We're one step closer to having this on a real console!

Mario during Italy's Communist era. The poor little French mushrooms had no chance.

Bite my shiny, metal ***! Hero of Algol retrospiel's Avatar

Italy was a fascist state, at no point in time they were communist.
    The Mega Drive was far inferior to the NES in terms of diffusion rate and sales in the Japanese market, though there were ardent Sega users. But in the US and Europe, we knew Sega could challenge Nintendo. We aimed at dominating those markets, hiring experienced staff for our overseas department in Japan, and revitalising Sega of America and the ailing Virgin group in Europe.

Then we set about developing killer games.

- Hayao Nakayama, Mega Drive Collected Works (p. 17)

Quote Originally Posted by Christuserloeser View Post
    Italy was a fascist state, at no point in time they were communist.
    Oh yeah duh my bad! I know at the beginning of WWII they were allies with Germany but weren't they communist at one time during the late 70's or early 80's too?

Thread Information