Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: King of the Monsters 2

Road Rasher

Response to St Louie Bee (comment #8)

Thank you very much for posting the move list and thanks for the hints.

From,
    Josh

Super Robot Raging in the Streets Obviously's Avatar

I actually really like this one even though the fighting is simplistic. It cuts beat'em up crap from the arcade and SNES version that I didn't really care for at all and gets straight down to business. I really played the crap out of it when I was younger.

Mod 1 Segaphile Wildside Expert St Louie Bee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Response to St Louie Bee (comment #8)

Thank you very much for posting the move list and thanks for the hints.

From,
    Josh
    No problem! Originally I couldn't find them anywhere on the net, but I think I missed one of the FAQ's on Gamefaqs.com.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by St Louie Bee View Post
    I had no idea which is kind of surprising considering how much research I did into the different versions for the review. I believe there was a NEO GEO release, but that would have been a direct port of the arcade game.

Either way, that's pretty cool about the dual language thing. I need to get a Japan MD!

The Neo Geo version isn't a port, it is the original arcade game.

Now with 33% more @$$! Master of Shinobi Assman's Avatar

You sure told that guy... a year later. Good for you.

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Assman View Post
    You sure told that guy... a year later. Good for you.
    These are running review threads, who cares about post dates? I was correctling a glaring inaccuracy.

Thanks for your valuable thoughts though.

Quote Originally Posted by moonwhistle View Post
    These are running review threads, who cares about post dates? I was correctling a glaring inaccuracy.

Thanks for your valuable thoughts though.
    Thank you for your due diligence citizen! It is because of the hard work and thoroughness of forum members like you that these boards will one day be 100% accurate! Forever banished shall be the "glaring inaccuracy," the conspicuous mistake, and the overly obvious boo-boo's that once permeated these sacred threads!

Your noble and courageous act will be remembered and your name shall forevermore be uttered with respect and reverence!

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by St Louie Bee View Post
    Thank you for your due diligence citizen! It is because of the hard work and thoroughness of forum members like you that these boards will one day be 100% accurate! Forever banished shall be the "glaring inaccuracy," the conspicuous mistake, and the overly obvious boo-boo's that once permeated these sacred threads!

Your noble and courageous act will be remembered and your name shall forevermore be uttered with respect and reverence!
    I highlighted one false statement. I wasn't flaming. Is this how you reply to all comments on your reviews?

I highlighted one false statement. I wasn't flaming. Is this how you reply to all comments on your reviews?
    You mean with great wit and scathing sarcasm? Yes, that is what you can expect from one of my replies, regardless of whether or not someone is addressing a mistake with one of my reviews, though technically you were pointing out an error in a forum post.

In this case though my mocking comeback had more to do with your slightly condescending tone when you were "correctling [sic] a glaring inaccuracy" about a minor technical point that no one cares about because this isn't a Neo-Geo fan site, it's a Sega one.

And to be fair, you were flaming a little when you thanked someone for thier valuable thoughts that you clearly didn't value.

So lighten up dude! We are all here to have fun and reminisce about video games! And please, if you do find a mistake on one my reviews, feel free to point it out. Just understand that if you do it in a condescending way, I will try and burn you for it!

Received the game today, played it for 20 minutes and absolutely hated every second after I selected a character! All those negative things mentioned in the review, constant special move spamming by the A.I. and seemingly inconsistent grappling mechanics, ruined the game for me. Because of the setting (everybody loves giant monsters kicking the crap out of each other in populated areas) I would give this a game a solid 4/10...

Please stop feeding the trolls.

Thread Information