Quantcast

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The thread of religion

Come dance on my floor Master of Shinobi Crystalpepsifan's Avatar

Default The thread of religion

Spin the wheel take the deal. Ask me anything about any religion and I will belittle it within reason. Or discuss religion ad infinitum or ad nauseum, I don't give a shit. Have fun. Also; in before the lock.

RORRING STAAAAART! Master of Shinobi FuturePrimitive's Avatar

Do I win the thread? (Lyrics on video are not perfectly accurate by the way.)

Reviews in the pipeline:
    Choplifter (Master System and SG-1000)
    Ys: The Vanished Omens with FM Sound Patch!

Banned by Administrators

Here's a fun question: why does the United States have "a special relationship" with Israel?

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG Raging in the Streets Moirai's Avatar
    HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

I believe in witchcraft.

not a real fan Raging in the Streets old man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zz Badnusty View Post
    Here's a fun question: why does the United States have "a special relationship" with Israel?
    I wonder about that myself. Why do we care so much about a desert full of crazies where there is plenty of oil everywhere else? Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper just to come up with a better form of transportation? I would think we would be more interested in places like South America since that's where all our food is probably going to be coming from when US soil becomes unusable. We should invest more money into tapping resources from places like the Pacific ocean. Instead we seem obsessed with politics in a region that, on a global scale, offers us very little by way of ROI. I guess this probably belongs in the politics thread, but who cares. It's the same to me.

Did anybody else read the title as "The threat of religion"?

So's your old man! Raging in the Streets zetastrike's Avatar

What would the world be like if organized religion never became much of a thing, or fizzled out centuries ago?

All it does is hold us back as people and threaten our existence.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Black Falcon
    Nope. Bloodlines is the problem, not me. I have no trouble with Super Castlevania IV (SNES) and Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (TCD), and have finished both games. Both of those are outstanding games, among the best platformers of the generation. In comparison Bloodlines is third or fourth tier.

No, it's unbiased analysis. The only fanboyism is people who claim that Hyperstone Heist and Bloodlines are actually as good as their SNES counterparts.
    My Collection: http://vgcollect.com/zetastrike

Hero of Algol

Super Robot Raging in the Streets Obviously's Avatar

Of all the thousands of places across the Internet to discuss and argue about religion, why video game forums?

Oh yeah, troll-baiting. Nevermind, carry on.

Angry Liberal Arts Major Hero of Algol Iron Lizard's Avatar

A rabbi, priest and a mullah walk into a bar. Punchline?

Why Christians Should Support Israel

The Apple of HIS Eye...

Everything Christians do should be based upon the Biblical text. Here are seven solid Bible reasons why Christians should support Israel.

1. Genesis 12:3 "And I will bless them that bless thee and curse him that curseth thee; and in thee shall all nations of the earth be blessed." Point: God has promised to bless the man or nation that blesses the Chosen People. History has proven beyond reasonable doubt that the nations that have blessed the Jewish people have had the blessing of God; the nations that have cursed the Jewish people have experienced the curse of God.

2. St. Paul recorded in Romans 15:27 "For if the Gentiles have shared in their (the Jews) spiritual things, they are indebted to minister to them also in material things."

Christians owe a debt of eternal gratitude to the Jewish people for their contributions that gave birth to the Christian faith. Jesus Christ, a prominent Rabbi from Nazareth said, "Salvation is of the Jews!" (St. John 4:22) consider what the Jewish people have given to Christianity:
    a) The Sacred Scripture
    b) The Prophets
    c) The Patriarchs
    d) Mary, Joseph, and Jesus Christ of Nazareth
    e) The Twelve Disciples
    f) The Apostles

It is not possible to say, "I am a Christian" and not love the Jewish people. The Bible teaches that love is not what you say, but what you do. (1 John 3:18) "A bell is not a bell until you ring it, a song is not a song until you sing it, love is not love until you share it."

3. While some Christians try to deny the connection between Jesus of Nazareth and the Jews of the world, Jesus never denied his Jewishness. He was born Jewish, He was circumcised on the eighth day in keeping with Jewish tradition, He had his Bar Mitzvah on his 13th birthday, He kept the law of Moses, He wore the Prayer Shawl Moses commanded all Jewish men to wear, He died on a cross with an inscription over His head, "King of the Jews!

Jesus considered the Jewish people His family. Jesus said (Matthew 25:40) "Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as you have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren (the Jewish people… Gentiles were never called His brethren), ye have done it unto me.

4. "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem, they shall prosper that love thee." (Psalm 122:6) the scriptural principle of prosperity is tied to blessing Israel and the city of Jerusalem.

5. Why did Jesus Christ go to the house of Cornelius in Capernaum and heal his servant, which was ready to die? What logic did the Jewish elders use with Jesus to convince Him to come into the house of a Gentile and perform a miracle?

The logic they used is recorded in Luke 7:5; "For He loveth our nation, and He hath built us a synagogue." The message? This Gentile deserves the blessing of God because he loves our nation and has done something practical to bless the Jewish people.

6. Why did God the Father select the house of Cornelius in Caesarea (Acts Chapter 10) to be the first Gentile house in Israel to receive the Gospel? The answer is given repeatedly in Acts 10.

Acts 10:2 "a devout man, (Cornelius) and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God always." Who were the people to whom Cornelius gave these alms? They were the Jews

Again is Acts 10:4 "… thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God."

Again in Acts 10:31 "… and thine alms are had in remembrance in the sight of God."
    The point is made three times in the same chapter. A godly Gentile who expressed his unconditional love for the Jewish people in a practical manner was divinely selected by heaven to be the first Gentile house to receive the Gospel and the first to receive the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.

These combined Scriptures verify that PROSPERITY (Genesis 12:3 and Psalm 122:6), HEALING (Luke 7:1-5) and the OUTPOURING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT came first to Gentiles that blessed the Jewish people and the nation of Israel in a practical manner.

7. We support Israel because all other nations were created by an act of men, but Israel was created by an act of God! The Royal Land Grant that was given to Abraham and his seed through Isaac and Jacob with an everlasting and unconditional covenant. (Genesis 12:1-3, 13:14-18, 15:1-21, 17:4-8, 22:15-18, 26:1-5 and Psalm 89:28-37.)

http://www.jhm.org/Home/About/WhySupportIsrael

It makes no sense whatsoever since they don't believe that Jesus is the son of god, messiah or whatever. Just like Muslims. In the Christian bible the only way to get to Heaven is by accepting Jesus in your heart. This is why I have bang my head against the wall because people believe this contradictory makes no sense shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    Japan on the other hand is in real danger, if Japanese men don't start liking to play with their woman, more then them selves, experts calculated the Japanese will be extinct within 300 years.

Now with 33% more @$$! Master of Shinobi Assman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zetastrike View Post
    What would the world be like if organized religion never became much of a thing, or fizzled out centuries ago?
    People would just find other irrational reasons to hate each other and go to war. We're a shitty species that way.

Religion gives people an excuse to act stupid and be willfully ignorant, but it doesn't create those kinds of people, it just gives those kinds of people something to latch on to.

Honestly, I think that South Park episode where Cartman freezes himself and wakes up to a future of atheists going to war over what they should be called is pretty spot-on.

Quote Originally Posted by Assman View Post
    People would just find other irrational reasons to hate each other and go to war. We're a shitty species that way.

Religion gives people an excuse to act stupid and be willfully ignorant, but it doesn't create those kinds of people, it just gives those kinds of people something to latch on to.

Honestly, I think that South Park episode where Cartman freezes himself and wakes up to a future of atheists going to war over what they should be called is pretty spot-on.
    Well yeah true but we'd have less wars ultimately and that in itself would be a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    Japan on the other hand is in real danger, if Japanese men don't start liking to play with their woman, more then them selves, experts calculated the Japanese will be extinct within 300 years.

Come dance on my floor Master of Shinobi Crystalpepsifan's Avatar

"If you gave him an enema, you could bury him in a shoe box."- Christopher Hitchens, on the death of Jerry Falwell.

Thread Information