Quantcast

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Laserdisc - The Only Format You Need

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Wait what is the quality of Song of the South on LD? Is it ripped anywhere as a video file to download? I have a shit copy of the movie on my HDD for years and years. I had no damn clue that was release at all in-home media. Just the VHS sing-along tape that only used clips.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Jake Armitage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    Wait what is the quality of Song of the South on LD? Is it ripped anywhere as a video file to download? I have a shit copy of the movie on my HDD for years and years. I had no damn clue that was release at all in-home media. Just the VHS sing-along tape that only used clips.
    It looked like (to me anyway) it was taken from a well worn 35mm print (or maybe even 16mm!) - lots of minor scratches and a general washed out appearance. I suspect the subtitles in the songs were not originally in the source print and added in the mastering of the laserdisc.

The audio was on the analog channels (which were never a strong point on laserdiscs anyway - the original ld sound of Harold and Maude was analog only and the sound was so poor it made that great movie almost unwatcheable)- so it was somewhat dead sounding.

Don't know if is available as a rip anywhere -my guess is that Disney clamps down on that the minute they find out about it.

I have a bunch of Looney Tunes laserdisc box sets with a few original cartoon versions that never saw the light of day on later dvd releases.

Also some laserdiscs had bits of original footage from films that was removed for later releases for one reason or another.

This laserdisc was recalled by Disney when it was discovered that some objectionable frames had been put into one of the cartoons.

06928.jpg

It had already hit the stores when recalled and store managers generally let their favorite customers know about it - so most of the initial (and only) run made it into consumers hands rather than being returned. Still commands about $50 today.

Master of Shinobi Dirt Ball Gamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thierry Henry View Post
    I wouldn't know, I'm at the bottom end of Africa.
    My eye had caught that pic the other day in one of those Facebook groups. Apparently, the Criterion set of titles there is quite decent.

Speaking of,

Makes for a cool Home Theater setup.
    That is a beauty of a set up sir! Well done!

Pioneer used to be my go-to when it came to home audio and entertainment. Is it still around?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Jake Armitage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCU View Post
    Pioneer used to be my go-to when it came to home audio and entertainment. Is it still around?
    I know Onkyo bought most of Pioneer a while back. I think the brand is still out there but no idea how it is quality wise these days.

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

Recordable LaserDisc.

Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

Thread Information