Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Todd's Adventures in Slime World

Default Todd's Adventures in Slime World

Mondays suck; we all know it. But hey, at least you've got us around to brighten your day with a fresh review! Todd's Adventures in Slime World first debuted on the Atari Lynx but was eventually ported to the Genesis. I guess people just couldn't get enough of dark, slimy environments filled with nasty creatures. Hmm, not everyone has a gas station restroom nearby, I guess! Check out our review and see just how much fun slime time really is!
    Last edited by Melf; 09-05-2011 at 08:18 PM.

This had to have some of the worst graphics ever on the Genesis. It looks like less than an 8-bit game. No graphics in any game on the Lynx really looked good to begin with aside from the scaling feature. And why translate a Lynx game, of all things? Atari is to be avoided! They do not count! Atari game systems would be like having a Burger King game console. They need to be hated, along with Epyx!

Proud 16-bit War Veteran ESWAT Veteran David J.'s Avatar

Awful looking, and awful playing to boot. I really hate this game.
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

nes x-men nes x-men nes x-men

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer
    Atari is to be avoided! They do not count! Atari game systems would be like having a Burger King game console. They need to be hated, along with Epyx!
    A Burger King game console with one of the greatest games ever made! RIVER RAID!!

Atleast show some respect for the 2600 will ya'?!?
    You have the ring... and I see your schwartz is as big as mine...

Super Robot Raging in the Streets Obviously's Avatar

The 2600 is truly a terrible piece of machinery but it's got a lot of nostalgia behind it. It single handedly created and almost killed the industry as we know it today, but without it a lot of us, like me, wouldn't have been introduced to video games at all.

I'm surprised Benjamin gave this a 7, since his whole review seemed to point to a lower score.

What's interesting is that Epyx got bought out by another Christian game developer: Bridgestone Multimedia. They're the guys who brought us Captain Bible.

Unfortunately, Bridgestone realized shortly after the deal was done that most of Epyx's licenses were pretty much unsuitable for Christian games. Great business move...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer
    They need to be hated, along with Epyx!
    Hey now! Epyx has created a number of good games, though unfortunately since the hardware the company used for most of its titles was so underpowered and/or unsupported, I'm afraid I don't think the company will be fondly remembered except by those who enjoyed its better titles such as Slime World and Chip's Challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis Knight
    I'm surprised Benjamin gave this a 7, since his whole review seemed to point to a lower score.
    "What a twist!" /M.KNIGHT.SHYAMALAN

I do think it is odd that my last two reviews have the scores seem to counter the content of the review. Just a coincidence I assure you. I try to use a strict view of the Review Manifest for scoring, and Slime World is an enjoyable and well made game -- it's just a poor, bare bones, and disappointing port. I could see it falling to a 6 but went with the 7 since, standing on its own, Slime World really is a well designed, fun title with a good bit of options to keep things interesting. It's just the mediocre graphics and music detract from it, and it appears worse holding it up to the Lynx original. Basically, it's good if dated looking game, but just know what you're missing.

Devil In A Midnight Mass WCPO Agent Flash1087's Avatar

You guys finally reviewed something I've played!

I liked this game when I was younger. My dad did too, oddly enough.

Slime World is an enjoyable and well made game -- it's just a poor, bare bones, and disappointing port. I could see it falling to a 6 but went with the 7 since, standing on its own, Slime World really is a well designed, fun title with a good bit of options to keep things interesting. It's just the mediocre graphics and music detract from it, and it appears worse holding it up to the Lynx original. Basically, it's good if dated looking game, but just know what you're missing.
    But...but...then why didn't you say that in your review? Why are you playing with my MIND???

Seriously, though, now that I reread your final paragraph, I see that's basically what you were saying originally. Still, the overall feel of the review tended towards a lower score until the very end. But it's not like I'm a reviewing god, so why should I gripe?

Eypx released Venture, right? For that alone, they rule in my book.

I thought Exidy did that one.

EDIT: Yeah, here's the proof.

Heh, mine went up before yours! +10 EXP to Genesis Knight.

Oh well, GK already said Exidy.

Video Ninja Sports Talker RaveFury's Avatar

Soooo... Why is Todd bouncing around in Slime World anyway? From the looks of one of the screenshots, he seems to be some sort of military man sent in to clean up the Silme World threat.

A military man who plays with Supersoakers and wears his sunglasses in the pitch darkness of Slime World. So, it's like Todd wears his sunglasses at night.

There's a song in that somewhere.

Todd is obviously retarded... another reason to avoid this game!

Thread Information