Quantcast

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy Craigslist Find

Wink

such a good price on these games

Last edited by TeegN; 11-17-2011 at 05:18 PM.

Man I just hit a huge deal on craigslist. A deal that is almost too good to be true. It is a set of very rare ECW dvds for 40$. Officially released, photos looked good. I've done a bit of research, and I could flip the dvd's and make up to 400$ profit on Ebay, or Amazon. Some of the DVDs are actually autographed by RVD, and have sold on Ebay for 50-60$ by themselves. I am just a little bit worried about sending this guy a money order though.

What is the safest way to deal with someone from another state on craigslist?

He lives way too far to drive and pick the item up, and we have agreed to do USPS money order. He want's me to send the MO first, and then after he gets it he will ship the package. Is this a good idea?

I sent an email letting him know that I have his money order, and I also gave him the numbers on it, and he replied:

once received will let you know and will ship immediatly and forword you the tracking number.
    Is there a safer way to do this? Does anyone here have any helpfull experience with craigslist?
    I don't play old stuff for nostalgia, I play old stuff because the games are better.
    -Drakon

Almost too good to be true + Money Order + Another State? Hopefully it's not a large sum of money your putting on the line here, if it's maybe like $50 for some crazy good lot.

Continue at your own risk.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

What? Shir is gone? Raging in the Streets StarMist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shinobimusashi View Post
    Is this a good idea?
    No. Have him pdf you a contract, it needn't be formal, just include his real name and clear intent, otherwise you're pissing money away.
    ---Actually even with that provision in the case of fraud you'd probably have to sue him in his own state. Forget it.

Master of Shinobi cheaterdragon1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shinobimusashi View Post
    Man I just hit a huge deal on craigslist. A deal that is almost too good to be true. It is a set of very rare ECW dvds for 40$. Officially released, photos looked good. I've done a bit of research, and I could flip the dvd's and make up to 400$ profit on Ebay, or Amazon. Some of the DVDs are actually autographed by RVD, and have sold on Ebay for 50-60$ by themselves. I am just a little bit worried about sending this guy a money order though.

What is the safest way to deal with someone from another state on craigslist?

He lives way too far to drive and pick the item up, and we have agreed to do USPS money order. He want's me to send the MO first, and then after he gets it he will ship the package. Is this a good idea?

I sent an email letting him know that I have his money order, and I also gave him the numbers on it, and he replied:

Is there a safer way to do this? Does anyone here have any helpfull experience with craigslist?
    I suggest a road trip.
    Owner of the Nintendo 64 fansite Micro-64.
    Join us in our Facebook Group.

Not worth a road trip(cross country).
    I don't play old stuff for nostalgia, I play old stuff because the games are better.
    -Drakon

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

I'm with Baloo, if it's like $50 and something you can afford to lose if the guy rips you off, go for it. But if he's out of state and wants a money order, that just SCREAMS scam to me. If it was really worth to you though, I'd drive there and pick them up to avoid getting ripped off.

Sorry I'm untrusting!
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

I'm going to take a chance. It is worth the risk if it is for real. If he rips me off, then I'll make the road trip. I do have his physical address after all.
    -Drakon

http://nashville.craigslist.org/vgm/2811936247.html

Sega Genesis Collection for sale or trade - $400 (Rock Island)
    Date: 2012-01-21, 10:24PM CST
    Reply to: sale-ufdh9-2811936247@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    I am slimming down my video game collection and selling or trading off all my extra games, systems, or accessories. What this Ad includes is 2 Sega Genesis Systems, 4 Sega Genesis slim systems. Huge lot of cords, 12 controllers, 150 games. I would be willing to trade this collection or sale it outright for 400 bucks. Please email with any questions or trade offers you may have.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

This could either be a steal or a rip off depending on what this person has. This is also the first time I have heard of Rock Island,TN,
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    Japan on the other hand is in real danger, if Japanese men don't start liking to play with their woman, more then them selves, experts calculated the Japanese will be extinct within 300 years.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Shocker View Post
    http://nashville.craigslist.org/vgm/2811936247.html

Sega Genesis Collection for sale or trade - $400 (Rock Island)
    Date: 2012-01-21, 10:24PM CST
    Reply to: sale-ufdh9-2811936247@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    I am slimming down my video game collection and selling or trading off all my extra games, systems, or accessories. What this Ad includes is 2 Sega Genesis Systems, 4 Sega Genesis slim systems. Huge lot of cords, 12 controllers, 150 games. I would be willing to trade this collection or sale it outright for 400 bucks. Please email with any questions or trade offers you may have.

This could either be a steal or a rip off depending on what this person has. This is also the first time I have heard of Rock Island,TN,
    Yeah, depending on the games it could be a good deal, and I consider almost any Genesis game that's in good shape with cart/box/manual worth at least around $2, possible more or a bit less. But, if it's like 50 copies of NHL 95 then that would be worth very little in my opinion. Though, you could always shoot him an offer and see if he's willing to negotiate...
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

DAYUM!!!!!!

http://nashville.craigslist.org/vgm/2979063657.html

FS: Sega Super GT Arcade Racing Game - $300 (Antioch / Nashville)
    Date: 2012-04-30, 9:43PM CDT
    Reply to: qcwd3-2979063657@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    For sale is a Sega Super GT dedicated Sega Arcade Game. The left side does not work and I have no idea what is wrong with it. Could be the board, could be the monitor. The right side works fine. Parts alone are worth more than the price listed. $300 cash. You'll need a truck with a life gate or very wide trailer for these!
    Japan on the other hand is in real danger, if Japanese men don't start liking to play with their woman, more then them selves, experts calculated the Japanese will be extinct within 300 years.

Another one lol:

32in Sony Sega Trinitron Television Used - $75 (Dickson)
    Date: 2012-07-08, 11:48PM CDT
    Reply to: cp5rv-3127390130@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    Used 32in Sony Sega Trinitron flat screen tv. good condition. You must be able to move it yourself as its the old box type tv. The screen is flat but is a tube tv. pls call or text 615 818 four four one six

PostingID: 3127390130

http://nashville.craigslist.org/ele/3127390130.html

PunkicCyborg Road Rasher ELabit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Shocker View Post
    Another one lol:

32in Sony Sega Trinitron Television Used - $75 (Dickson)
    Date: 2012-07-08, 11:48PM CDT
    Reply to: cp5rv-3127390130@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    Used 32in Sony Sega Trinitron flat screen tv. good condition. You must be able to move it yourself as its the old box type tv. The screen is flat but is a tube tv. pls call or text 615 818 four four one six

PostingID: 3127390130

http://nashville.craigslist.org/ele/3127390130.html
    lol probably means sony Wega

So have any of you guys actually found stuff worth a damn on Craigslist? Every time I go on Craigslist it is literally a waste. Half the ads are for buying, not selling, and the ones that are for selling are either extremely overpriced common shit that isn't worth your time or incredibly vague ads that give you next to no information. On the off-chance I actually find an ad I like, I send out an e-mail and guess what, they never reply back!

Craigslist is shitty. I'm sticking to forums and flea markets.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Thread Information