Quantcast

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Disney's The Lion King

Pity rep is still rep. Raging in the Streets Mr Smith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy
    Nope, you toss him over the side of the cliff after he starts laughing.
    Done that with the invincible cheat, however, getting Simba to throw seems to be as easy as turning straw into gold, maybe harder in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamahl
    You my lord, are a poet and a scholar. Of death.

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smith
    Done that with the invincible cheat, however, getting Simba to throw seems to be as easy as turning straw into gold, maybe harder in fact.
    Yhea even with the 6 button controller where you just hit (X,Y or Z) it is hard to know when Simba will do a double swipe and when he will throw.

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin
    After he starts panting.
    Sorry there is no audio for that so it is hard to tell

You know, Scar may take about 200 swipes all three encounters total, but that isn't much at all. I just played through the adult Simba stages. Really, this isn't that difficult. The game controls perfectly, and the only part that gave me trouble were the rolling boulders and that hyena cave maze. I cheated with GameFAQs to see the route, and that was that. Scar is among the easiest bosses I've encountered -- the challenge is really just the between fight platforming bits, and even those aren't really difficult.
    Going through fire to get to the very top usually takes some health off me as I get block on all sides with fire and after waiting a few minutes and the fire not going away I proceed through the fire to get further up.

Tossing scar is annoying, the only way to avoid getting hit is to rapidly attack but doing so leaves you little time to react when he does start panting and if you attack while panting you have to wait till he pants again before tossing him.

I'd say as for tips:

1) Whenever you can, land on top an enemy for the maul attack. This is useful when the game has you landing on a platform below with an enemy on it.
    Enemies can break out of a maul attack.

2) Games with simple attacks = success is to button mash. Crouching swipes works well, and note that the paw swipes extend furthing than you'd think. You don't need to get really close to the hyenas at all to be effective.
    Okay when you are taking on one enemy.

3) Parts which require you taking on multiple enemies as once typically have a portion of the map better suited for the battle. Also, you're not on a time limit, and while you want to kill the enemy quickly, you also don't need to rush in to a group (especially on Be Prepared, where most time spent is just seeing where the lava dips land).
    Easier said then done, on the last level it is easier to simply jump past some of the hyenas then fight them, yet if you fall might land on them.
    Last edited by Psy; 01-23-2008 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy
    Tossing scar is annoying, the only way to avoid getting hit is to rapidly attack but doing so leaves you little time to react when he does start panting and if you attack while panting you have to wait till he pants again before tossing him.
    Once he's hurt enough to start panting, he'll pretty much do it every other swipe. He also stays in that sort of stunned position long enough to get ready for a throw.

Enemies can break out of a maul attack.

Okay when you are taking on one enemy.
    Yes, but once broken out of the maul attack, you are in prime position to tack on the extra swipe or two to finish them off. No enemy retaliates after breaking the maul, at least not soon enough to deter anyone from using the attack.

Most of the game is a one-on-one encounter so long as you don't rush through the levels and activate/alert other enemies. The handful of times there is more than one, there either will be a systematic way to take them out or the level design will allow for a good advantageous spot.

Easier said then done, on the last level it is easier to simply jump past some of the hyenas then fight them, yet if you fall might land on them.
    Beats falling to an instant death as in most other games. I take all the hyenas out just the same.

I'm not trying to brag or put you down in the least. Just really surprised that people think the game is so difficult. Perhaps it's because The Lion King followed the far easier Aladdin?

Outrunner

Once he's hurt enough to start panting, he'll pretty much do it every other swipe. He also stays in that sort of stunned position long enough to get ready for a throw.
    Simba has no defence like Scar and you have to be close to throw, meaning you have to either mash the attack so Scar can't attack or try to bait scar to jump but be just infront of scar when he lands then throw but this sometimes backfires as if you take damage during this move (by scar landing on you) then hitting throw would just have Scar manual you to death.

The problem with mash attack is if you hit Scar while he is panting then he is no longer panting and trying to throw for your next attack won't work.

Yes, but once broken out of the maul attack, you are in prime position to tack on the extra swipe or two to finish them off. No enemy retaliates after breaking the maul, at least not soon enough to deter anyone from using the attack.
    Unless you are at the edge of a platform then you'd be pushed off when the enemy breaks the maul.

Most of the game is a one-on-one encounter so long as you don't rush through the levels and activate/alert other enemies. The handful of times there is more than one, there either will be a systematic way to take them out or the level design will allow for a good advantageous spot.
    It doesn't help that except for when your fighting Scar you don't know when Simba will throw or do a double slash. Even though the manual only says "To flip an enemy, press the SLASH button then immediately hit the JUMP button. If you are using the six button controller, press the X,Y or Z button." Yet most of the time this will make Simba do a double slash.

Beats falling to an instant death as in most other games. I take all the hyenas out just the same.
    You have that too. But at the end lighting strikes causes fires that block your path and it is annoying black tracking and come back so the fire is no longer there. Yet if you are fast you can be on the other side before the lighting hits.

I'm not trying to brag or put you down in the least. Just really surprised that people think the game is so difficult. Perhaps it's because The Lion King followed the far easier Aladdin?
    Because the game is unforgiving. Remember when using the level select cheat you only have the same amount health as you start level 1 with, it is also possible to reach the end with only that bit of health (which doesn't give you much room for error)

Wildside Expert

A great game with excellent graphics and music, quite funny at times. 9/10 for me.

Death Adder's minion

I find that most Disney games are not that well designed I wonder if it's because they know the games will sell either way since they were based on popular Disney properties so kids will buy them regardless so they just don't put the effort into making the games any good.

Pity rep is still rep. Raging in the Streets Mr Smith's Avatar

Lies! The first few levels as young Simba were awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamahl
    You my lord, are a poet and a scholar. Of death.

Quote Originally Posted by RR1980 View Post
    I find that most Disney games are not that well designed I wonder if it's because they know the games will sell either way since they were based on popular Disney properties so kids will buy them regardless so they just don't put the effort into making the games any good.
    So you disagree with my review I take it.

Sudo

I liked pretty much all the Disney Genesis game. This, World/Castle of Illusion, Quackshot, Aladdin are all great, IMO.

Yeah I thought most Disney games for the genny were great and not rushed at all. I suppose more adventure/rpg elements in these games would've made them more interesting and true to their sources but it wasn't such a popular genre back then.
    Lion King wasn't among the best though, lots of memorization, sloppy hit detection and pixel perfect jumps makes it way too frustrating to play.. However the presentation is still very nice.
    On a wave of mutilation

https://minirevver.weebly.com/

Castle of Illusion > everything else.

Great Disney Platformer w/ good graphics and music and lots of fun to play

Level 6 Rocket Knight Raging in the Streets jerry coeurl's Avatar

This game isn't that difficult. Except maybe the stampede level.

Great game, imo. Well worth picking up for the low price you'll typically find it at. The animation is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    If Sega making condoms,I will to one-night-stands in every night~

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Castle of Illusion > everything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Thread Information