Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Night Striker

For future reference, here's the MD games Aisystem Tokyo worked on (sorry to hijack the thread):

Bad Omen/Devilish: The Next Posession
    Denei Toshi: Illusion City (MCD)
    Hit the Ice
    Nakajima Satoru Kanshuu F1 Hero MD/Ferrari Grand Prix Challenge
    Night Striker (MCD)
    Ninja Warriors, The (MCD)
    Rainbow Islands Extra
    Thunder Fox
    Uchuu Senkan Gomora (aka Bio-Ship Paladin)

I've played all of those games. Man that company makes some awful games (with only Rainbow Islands trying to be decent, if that). I hope they lost a lot of money and learned their lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe
    I wish it was standard that you could listen to the game's soundtrack by just putting the game disc into your cd player.
    While I kind of agree with you, I kind of don't. When you have CD-DA music, it is forced to fade out and then jump back to repeat. With linear PCM music or whatnot produced by the innards of the machine, the music can loop seemlessly and never be interrupted. It always sounds weird to me when I am playing a game, and the music "ends", then silence, then the song "begins" again, sounds unnatural. With a good stereo connection you can easily record your favorite tunes to your computer to listen to them on your iPod or some other gimpy music player.
    Last edited by Joe Redifer; 07-17-2006 at 09:16 PM.

Death Adder's minion

There's a copy on eBay right now; glad Sega-16 made it so easy to find a review

The factory stage screenshot...it took me a second to realize that I was looking at the back of the car and not the Brain Worker

Quote Originally Posted by CRV
    For future reference, here's the MD games Aisystem Tokyo worked on (sorry to hijack the thread):

Bad Omen/Devilish: The Next Posession
    Denei Toshi: Illusion City (MCD)
    Hit the Ice
    Nakajima Satoru Kanshuu F1 Hero MD/Ferrari Grand Prix Challenge
    Night Striker (MCD)
    Ninja Warriors, The (MCD)
    Rainbow Islands Extra
    Thunder Fox
    Uchuu Senkan Gomora (aka Bio-Ship Paladin)
    !!!

Do you have a site for recording this stuff? It would be a great resource...

Oh, and in response to Joe: Ninja Warriors is the best port of the original arcade game, and pretty fun to play, I thought. It's a totally different game from the SNES title, so one's expectations have to be changed...

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro
    Do you have a site for recording this stuff? It would be a great resource...
    I've been putting this stuff into the Video Game Rebirth database.

http://www.vgrebirth.org/

The Game Developer Research Institute is underway.

http://gdri.wikispaces.com/

So's your old man! Raging in the Streets zetastrike's Avatar

I've been playing this game a lot lately and despite the resolution being as low as it is, this game is really fun. It's the aesthetics of Outrun 2019 mixed with the gameplay of Space Harrier and Darius. The style is really cool and reeks of that late 80s techno-anime. The arranged soundtrack is a piece of work, very laid back compared to the more intense arcade music (which used instruments that weren't pleasing to my ear). The gameplay is very similar to Space Harrier, but adds a few things I appreciated: the ability to aim downward at the ground while you fire from the air to take out enemies, stages that are both wide open and confined, power-ups like the triple shot, and little features like hopping out of your car and flying on a jetpack for some of the final stages. Obviously, the branching paths add a lot of replay value. It's fun to figure out your favorite path through. The game also supports the Micomsoft XE-1AP for analog controls. I'd love to be able to test that out.

If you can get past the chunky resolution (I adjusted to it pretty fast) I think there is a lot to enjoy here. I don't know why this didn't get a western release, but it does provide a reason to get your Sega CD modded. How you guys feel about this one?
    Quote Originally Posted by A Black Falcon
    Nope. Bloodlines is the problem, not me. I have no trouble with Super Castlevania IV (SNES) and Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (TCD), and have finished both games. Both of those are outstanding games, among the best platformers of the generation. In comparison Bloodlines is third or fourth tier.

No, it's unbiased analysis. The only fanboyism is people who claim that Hyperstone Heist and Bloodlines are actually as good as their SNES counterparts.
    My Collection: http://vgcollect.com/zetastrike

Hero of Algol

It's cyberpunk, it's a cool game and the Mega CD OST is superb.
    The low res is a bit of a barrier but I think the poor way they handled the palette didn't help it either. Pixelation makes things hard to distinguish and the all dark palette (with some unnecessary repetition) only contributes to it; had it been wisely used it could have mitigated the problem IMO.

The proper arcade cab was super cool (especially with the room lights off):

Thread Information