Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2015

Thread: Official New Game Genie Code Thread

Knuckles Chaotix 32x

RGTA-A6TW
    Always have Speed Shoes.

BWFA-EA8W +
    ALFT-EA72 +
    ALKT-EA4T
    Always have slow Combi Catcher (allows you to easily pick any charcter you want).

BD0T-AA6W +
    D51A-AA90 +
    D50T-AA42 +
    BD1T-AA3T
    Walk thru walls. Will sometimes warp up to ledge above. Can get stuck, so best to
    use for exploring or fun. First 2 codes are for main character, last 2 codes are
    for the partner.

Knuckles Chaotix 32x

AK7A-EA88
    Always have slow Stage Select (allows you to easily pick which stage you want).

Wildside Expert

Hello again mr. Tony Hedstrom

I would like to ask you something about Super Monaco GP (I'm using Mega Games 3 cart).

Maybe it's just me but I find the game a bit unfair unless it is played in 'professional mode' (7 speed manual transmission) which gives the faster acceleration and top speed to the car.
    However, mastering the shift control with a gamepad appears to be beyond my skills!

Transmission.JPG

So, that got me wondering if it would be possible to hack the game so that the best performance (professional mode) could be made to work with automatic shifting (from beginner mode)?

Or perhaps the other way round, chose beginner mode (auto shift) but instead have the professional mode performance (850 PS/11000 rPM)?
    Last edited by MegaDriver; 01-11-2020 at 04:52 AM.

MegaDriver, that code shouldn't be a problem. I'm not very familiar with that cart, is this the correct ROM?... Mega Games 3 (Europe). If it is, as far as you know, is there only one version?

EDIT: Also, I'll need to know the *exact* top speed that you can go when using the automatic, the 4 speed, and the 7 speed.
    Last edited by Tony H; 01-11-2020 at 10:53 PM.

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
    MegaDriver, that code shouldn't be a problem. I'm not very familiar with that cart, is this the correct ROM?... Mega Games 3 (Europe). If it is, as far as you know, is there only one version?

EDIT: Also, I'll need to know the *exact* top speed that you can go when using the automatic, the 4 speed, and the 7 speed.

Yes, that's the rom : Mega Games 3 (Europe), released in UK,FR,DE,ES in 1993 (and AS but unknown data).

As for the top speeds, here's what I found out:

Transmission / Top Speed

Auto--------------316 km/h

4 speed manual----345 km/h

7 speed manual----370 km/h X it's 405 km/h.

EDIT: Ooops, I made a small mistake. 7 speed manual tops at 405 km/h.
    I re-checked going through all gears in 4 speed and 7 speed manual transmission.
    The following results seem more accurate:

4 Speed manual Transmission / Top Speed

1st gear -------------------------- 81 km/h
    2nd gear ------------------------- 171 km/h
    3rd gear ------------------------- 255 km/h
    4th gear ------------------------- 345 km/h

7 Speed manual Transmission / Top Speed

1st gear -------------------------- 73 km/h
    2nd gear ------------------------- 149 km/h
    3rd gear ------------------------- 220 km/h
    4th gear ------------------------- 286 km/h
    5th gear ------------------------- 335 km/h
    6th gear ------------------------- 370 km/h
    7th gear ------------------------- 405 km/h
    Last edited by MegaDriver; 01-12-2020 at 01:24 PM.

MegaDriver, thanks for the info, that's helping to figure things out.

I'm slowly figuring how this game is programed, and will post new codes as I go along, even though they aren't what you wanted. I will eventually get to your request (hopefully).

In the programing, they use different acceleration values for different gears. This makes it so that you accelerate slower in higher gears, which is the way it is in real life because of wind resistance at faster speeds. This code makes it so that you accelerate the same, or even faster in higher gears (some of it may also have to do with automatic versus manual shift). Code works for automatic or manual shift.

Mega Games 3 (Europe), Super Monaco GP

ABPT-VA5N
    Accelerate much faster, especially in higher gears.

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
    MegaDriver, thanks for the info, that's helping to figure things out.

I'm slowly figuring how this game is programed, and will post new codes as I go along, even though they aren't what you wanted. I will eventually get to your request (hopefully).

In the programing, they use different acceleration values for different gears. This makes it so that you accelerate slower in higher gears, which is the way it is in real life because of wind resistance at faster speeds. This code makes it so that you accelerate the same, or even faster in higher gears (some of it may also have to do with automatic versus manual shift). Code works for automatic or manual shift.

ABPT-VA5N
    Accelerate much faster, especially in higher gears.

This is great! Thanks!

I just won the game, in 1st place, on the first go!!

So, the code basically makes you floor the accelerator pedal in every gear and keep the revs in the red-line. I welcome that more-arcadey-behaviour!

"Keep it up"
    Last edited by MegaDriver; 01-13-2020 at 05:41 AM.

These codes are the same, but with different values (can only use one at a time). I'm including a few different values so you can see the difference. Kind of hard to explain, but you'll go faster and the car can take turns much faster without crashing. Very easy to get pole position with this code. lol. The normal value is 05AF.

ACAT-VEAJ
    Accelerate faster, and can take turns faster. Value = 1200.

ACAT-VTAJ
    Accelerate faster, and can take turns faster. Value = 1800.

ACAT-TTJJ
    Accelerate faster, and can take turns faster. Value = 2800.

MegaDriver, another code that might be getting close to what you want. With this code, you can easily modify the acceleration rate and top speed by modifying one of the Game Genie codes. Works on automatic or manual transmission.

CBPT-TA5G +
    ABRT-T6L0
    Much faster acceleration and top speed. Can modify second code (ABRT-T6L0) to adjust the acceleration and top speed.

With this code, top speed is 360 km/h with automatic, and 467 km/h with 7 speed manual, and much better acceleration.

Also have this code, which isn't very useful, but still nice to know which gear you're in. lol.

RFPA-T6ZL
    Shows which gear you're in when using the automatic transmission.

Wildside Expert

Thanks!

Those codes are very good for tuning the car to match any gamer's wish.
    I am sure there is a sweet spot somewhere between pure performance and control, I'll have to give some tries untill I find the best compromise.

I think that will be possible to have " custom 4 speed auto" with better performance than "4 speed manual" without all the hassle of shifting up and down.

MegaDriver, just a little info about modifying that code. If you enter it into a Game Genie conversion program, you'll see that the value is 2E00. Use a value lower than 2E for less acceleration.

I also have a code that adds an extra gear to the automatic transmission, so it's a 5 speed instead of a 4 speed. Will post that when I'm done testing.

I don't think I will be able to make your exact request so that the automatic has the same performance as the 7 speed, but I think by modifying that code above, you should be able to get pretty close. To match the 7 speed performance exactly, it would require around 40 codes.

MegaDriver, this will probably be the last of the codes for Super Monaco GP, unless you have other requests.

The code below that converts the 4 speed automatic transmission into a 5 speed automatic transmission should be perfect for giving you a slight advantage over the other drivers, instead of the huge advantage like the "accelerate faster" codes. It will give you a very slight acceleration increase, and a little higher top speed. For this code, I used the acceleration and km/h from the 7 speed manual transmission, but limited it to 5 gears. The top speed with this code is 335 km/h, and if you look at your post above, you'll see that the top speed in 5th gear with the 7 speed manual transmission is also 335 km/h. I can probably make a 6 or 7 speed automatic, but I was running into problems which would require more codes to fix, and I was trying to keep the number of codes to a bare minimum since the Genesis Game Genie has a 5 code limit.

I also made a code that increases the top speed with the automatic transmission. That code can be modified to give you whatever top speed you want, but keep in mind that if you use the code by itself, you may not have enough power to ever reach that top speed. I haven't tried it with any of the "accelerate faster" codes, so don't know if it will work with those.

Anyways, it was fun pulling this game apart and figuring out how it works. A very fun game.

L3PT-V6W6 +
    AVPA-TAAJ +
    6KST-V8YJ
    Adds an extra gear to the automatic transmission, making it a 5 speed automatic instead of a 4 speed, and top speed is increased from 316 km/h to 335 km/h.

JBTA-TCAY
    Increases the top speed of the automatic transmission from 316 to 405 km/h. Will not work with the 5 speed automatic transmission code.

Wildside Expert

That is perfectly fine!

Of course not, I would not dare to ask you anything else.

Glad to hear you also had a good time while finding the codes.

I will have to take some time to digest all the information you have given us and chose the best code(s) to fine tune the car's performance so that it gives a fair improvement, making the game more enjoyable to play.

Super good work, Tony. Congratulations for your skills and a big thank you for your altruism.

Robocop 3 (Genesis/MD)

AAEA-CAAC
    Protection from all falls.

Toe Jam & Earl: Panic on Funkotron (Genesis/MD)

BK0T-GA6L
    Can exit level even if you don't have any earthlings.

REHA-E61N
    Collect presents from anywhere above you.

C4GT-GA2R
    Hit earthlings from almost anywhere in front of you (jars act like a homing missile).

RE2A-E6TL
    Always capture boy earthlings the first time you hit them with a jar (may also work on other earthlings).

RE5T-E6WW
    Always capture girl earthlings the first time you hit them with a jar (may also work on other earthlings).

========================

EDIT:

Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis/MD)

RHGT-A61J
    Can exit the section/level even if you don't have any Flickies.

NLTA-CA3R
    Collect rings from anywhere.

Thread Information