Quantcast

Page 146 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147 LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2197

Thread: Official New Game Genie Code Thread

Tetriminos, will start on your request shortly but decided to make a better level select code (the current one takes 4 codes).

Gain Ground (Genesis) Game Genie

This is for the Alt 1 version of the game, which seems to be the most popular version.

D2HA-AA50
    Enable level select in Option menu.

Haven't tested it that much, but seems to work fine. I only tried it with the level select code. You can adjust the value much higher that 4 if you'd like and I'm pretty sure that the value will reload for each new level (you'll start each level with that amount). It also looks like the infinite continue code that I linked to will work on this if you'd rather do that. Let me know if it works for you.

This is for the 'Alt 1' version of the game, which seems to be the most popular version.

AVHT-AAA8
    Start each level above level 40 with 4 continues (you normally don't get any continues on level 41 and up, even if you had some from before). You can easily adjust this code to start each level (above 40) with as many as you want.

Made a couple more. Since the hit anywhere code makes the game a little too easy, I've also included a Y axis only code.

DK4A-AA34
    Hit enemies from anywhere, no matter where they are (works with all characters and weapons).

AK4A-AA4W
    Hit enemies from anywhere when they're lined up above you (works with all characters and weapons).

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

So, I have been looking at Puggsy, and rather than make a new thread (I see that the MD version has not been reviewed yet, something in which I'm interested) I'd like to ask a question about this graphically very impressive game: Is there a way, once I have bought my copy, to play this on an emulator?

I have read that the game, when copied, checks for SRAM after level 5, and if found, kicks you out of the game as there should be no SRAM found on a proper cart. Obviously, when I ask this of Google, I get links for ROMZZZ. I imagine there is hack or similar for it?

Also, what is the best version, MD or CD? Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by cleeg View Post
    So, I have been looking at Puggsy, and rather than make a new thread (I see that the MD version has not been reviewed yet, something in which I'm interested) I'd like to ask a question about this graphically very impressive game: Is there a way, once I have bought my copy, to play this on an emulator?

I have read that the game, when copied, checks for SRAM after level 5, and if found, kicks you out of the game as there should be no SRAM found on a proper cart. Obviously, when I ask this of Google, I get links for ROMZZZ. I imagine there is hack or similar for it?

Also, what is the best version, MD or CD? Cheers!
    Interesting, don't think I've heard of that copy protection before for Puggsy. The attempt to write to SRAM and the check to see if it's there can probably both be fixed with Game Genie codes, but according to this, that may not be so easy: https://tcrf.net/Puggsy_(Genesis)

I checked a few places and didn't find any codes for that. Note that the Sega CD version doesn't appear to use any copy protection: https://tcrf.net/Puggsy_(Sega_CD)

You can always get a ROM and an emulator and see what happens.

If you find that you're having a problem with that SRAM thing, let me know and I'll see if I can figure out some Game Genie codes to get around it, but no guarantees.

EDIT: Looks like someone already figured it out: https://forums.sonicretro.org/index....-3#post-702946
    Last edited by Tony H; 03-03-2021 at 10:51 AM.

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Nice one, thank you Tony.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Z Tetriminos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
    Tetriminos, will start on your request shortly but decided to make a better level select code (the current one takes 4 codes).

This is for the Alt 1 version of the game, which seems to be the most popular version.

D2HA-AA50
    Enable level select in Option menu.
    Just tried doing a normal gameplay, no level select cheat, playing at normal difficulty.
    The code doesn't work... I still get a game over when I die at Round 5.
    Tried with and without the infinite continues code activated, and tried getting a game over in every way (time over and dying), same result...

Quote Originally Posted by Z Tetriminos View Post
    Just tried doing a normal gameplay, no level select cheat, playing at normal difficulty.
    The code doesn't work... I still get a game over when I die at Round 5.
    Tried with and without the infinite continues code activated, and tried getting a game over in every way (time over and dying), same result...
    Did the continue code work when you used the level select? Pointless to spend time on the code if you have a different version.

Just to be sure, in your quote above, you are showing the code for level select and not the code for continues. I assume that's not the code you were using for continues?

Anyways, if the code for continues works when you use the level select, I'll need a save state just before you finish the level before round 5. It needs to be either Gens or Kega Fusion.

Quote Originally Posted by cleeg View Post
    Nice one, thank you Tony.
    You're welcome.

Herzog Zwei (Genesis) Game Genie

RGGA-A6Z8
    Walk over canyons/valleys when on foot.

HA6T-AA8L
    Walk thru walls, rocks, water, etc when on foot.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Z Tetriminos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
    Did the continue code work when you used the level select? Pointless to spend time on the code if you have a different version.

Just to be sure, in your quote above, you are showing the code for level select and not the code for continues. I assume that's not the code you were using for continues?

Anyways, if the code for continues works when you use the level select, I'll need a save state just before you finish the level before round 5. It needs to be either Gens or Kega Fusion.
    I'm trying to reply to this post for a week now but for some reason my replies aren't getting approved, maybe it's the rar with the state files you asked for...

I did a bunch of testing using and alternating the three codes (level select, continues past round 5 and infinite continues) and: The codes work as intended only on hard mode, but seem to have their success attached to starting directly on the level by using a level select cheat. Playing normally (or starting on lv 40 or below) does not "trigger" the AVHT-AAA8 code for having continues from lv 41 onwards.
    Last edited by Z Tetriminos; 03-10-2021 at 11:39 AM. Reason: bad formatting

This unused stuff is mentioned here at TCRF, but no mention on what they are. The first two codes give you access to all of it. https://tcrf.net/Herzog_Zwei

Herzog Zwei (Genesis/MD) Game Genie

BK4A-AA2C
    Access all hidden/unused units in the game (in the menu when you press C). Keep pressing right to see all the hidden/deleted units, press left to see only the normal units. There are two deleted units called "NOT USE" that are actually turrets. You can build and deploy them. There is a unit called KIDOU that you can build and deploy, but not sure what it does. Some of the units will show garbled pictures and text (haven't experimented with those yet).

BK4A-AA64
    Access all hidden/unused commands in the game (in the menu when you press C). Keep pressing right to see all the hidden/deleted commands, press left to see only the normal commands. All of the commands seem to work, but I'm not familiar enough with the game to know what the differences are.

7X5A-LA6E
    Enemies (tanks, infantry, etc) won't attack you when you're on foot, although the enemy jet may attack if it changes to the foot soldier when it sees you.

ADRA-LJEL
    Supply trucks start with 10x more HP (probably works on CPU as well).

RGGA-A6Z8
    Walk over canyons/valleys when on foot (also works with tanks, etc).

HA6T-AA8L
    Walk thru walls, rocks, water, etc when on foot.

AGEA-AAFY
    Only need 1 infantry to conquer an outpost (instead of 4). Also applies to CPU so best to turn the code On only when entering an outpost, then turn it back off.

GGEA-BTY6
    Adds 4 infantry to an outpost when you drop off 1. Also applies to CPU so best to turn the code On only when entering an outpost, then turn it back off.

Quote Originally Posted by Z Tetriminos View Post
    I'm trying to reply to this post for a week now but for some reason my replies aren't getting approved, maybe it's the rar with the state files you asked for...

I did a bunch of testing using and alternating the three codes (level select, continues past round 5 and infinite continues) and: The codes work as intended only on hard mode, but seem to have their success attached to starting directly on the level by using a level select cheat. Playing normally (or starting on lv 40 or below) does not "trigger" the AVHT-AAA8 code for having continues from lv 41 onwards.
    Working on other stuff now, so I may get back to yours later.

Langrisser II (Genesis/MD) (Ver 1.2/REV02) Game Genie

AMRA-AA8Y
    Move anywhere on the map during battles

Contra - Hard Corps (Genesis) Game Genie

AXXA-AA6C
    Don't fall when you walk off ledges (walk on air). Release directional pad to drop down.

AXXA-AA6C +
    AMWT-AA8N
    Don't fall when you walk off ledges (walk on air). Press jump to drop down.

Minnesota Fats Pool Legend (Genesis/MD) Game Genie

ADGT-CEMC
    Shots have twice as much power (doesn't work if you hit the "Max" power spot and doesn't work on the Lag shot). If you hit the max power spot when shooting, you will get the normal max power, so if you want the 2x power, just make sure to stop the power meter anywhere below the max power spot. The CPU player still has the normal amount of power.

This is a brand new game for the Genesis/MD. Doesn't run on most popular emulators, but does run on BlastEm.

Demons of Asteborg (Genesis) Game Genie

Codes for the full version of the game. Have only been tested on the Normal difficulty:

BHXT-CAFR
    Start a new game with 9 lives (works on any empty save slot).

REKT-E604
    Infinite lives.

FX7T-ACA0
    Invincibility lasts 5x as long when hit (can adjust code to any value you want).

RH7T-A6VC
    Infinite health.

JGKT-FYVW
    Coins/money pick-ups are worth 5.

JLKT-EA3T
    Always have 999 coins after your first coin pick-up.

EDIT: The codes above have not been tested on the new version (1.1). If the codes above don't work on the new version, you can probably use the Genesis Game Genie Code Porting Tool to make new codes: https://codehut.gshi.org/Download.htm#GGPort

-----------------------------------

Codes for the Demo version of Demons of Asteborg. The demo works on most emulators.

ALXT-CA8C +
    EAEA-AA9C
    Invincibility.

EDIT: This code is also for the demo:

F4YT-CA7W
    Hit enemies from anywhere.
    Last edited by Tony H; 09-07-2021 at 11:28 AM.

Thread Information