Quantcast

Page 100 of 151 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2262

Thread: Official New Game Genie Code Thread

Tony I know I bothered you fairly recently with a request for Speedball 2 codes, but would it be possible for you to look into a code for the EU version of SB2 that allows players to upgrade the team to 240 points per stat?

The game works like this, in League mode the highest a player can have their stats increased is 220 points, but in Knockout mode the maximum increases to 240 points. The game gets very hard near the end of a league playthrough so it would be fun to have the better players from the KO mode. For the purposes of testing, the infinite money code makes the process of upgrading players a fairly quick job. Thanks for any help with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
    As far as I know, there's no way to enable them except with a Game Genie or PAR code.

And thanks for the code updates. I'll change the code descriptions.
    Okay thanks for the info, and you're welcome!

hybrid had noticed that the level select menu in Greendog - The Beached Surfer Dude didn't actually work. The menu is there and you can select any level you want, but that's it. Pressing start on any selected level just takes you to the beginning of the game.

We got it working though. And as an added bonus, you can now select and view the game ending/credits.

Greendog - The Beached Surfer Dude

A6NA-AAC6 +
    JA6A-B0RJ +
    AA6A-ABGL +
    JENA-BTZE
    Level select menu. Important: If you're using an emulator, you MUST reset the game with the codes turned on. Select the level you want and press Start. Note that if you select "Exit", it will take you to the game ending/credits. If you want to select Granada (the starting level), you'll need to move the selection down one and then back to Grenada. All other level selections work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Moham View Post
    Tony I know I bothered you fairly recently with a request for Speedball 2 codes, but would it be possible for you to look into a code for the EU version of SB2 that allows players to upgrade the team to 240 points per stat?

The game works like this, in League mode the highest a player can have their stats increased is 220 points, but in Knockout mode the maximum increases to 240 points. The game gets very hard near the end of a league playthrough so it would be fun to have the better players from the KO mode. For the purposes of testing, the infinite money code makes the process of upgrading players a fairly quick job. Thanks for any help with this one.
    Will take a look at that as soon as I'm done with the T2 Judgement Day code.

Quote Originally Posted by GelmiR View Post
    I have a request for Terminator 2 Judgment Day, for the driving sequences. I already have an invincibility code that works fine, but would it be possible to make a NO CLIP code for these levels? I don't mind if you can just drive through the other traffic or through *everything*
    Give this a try and let me know. Seems to work pretty good. I can see why you wanted that code. Hard to control the motorcycle to avoid the other vehicles.

Terminator 2 Judgment Day (Genesis) Game Genie

ADFT-AA66
    No-clip mode when in driving levels (AKA you can drive thru cars, trucks, etc).

Edit: The No-clip mode is only for traffic.
    Last edited by Tony H; 10-23-2018 at 09:39 PM.

Give this a try and let me know. Seems to work pretty good. I can see why you wanted that code. Hard to control the motorcycle to avoid the other vehicles.

Terminator 2 Judgment Day (Genesis) Game Genie

ADFT-AA66
    No-clip mode when in driving levels (AKA you can drive thru cars, trucks, etc).

Edit: The No-clip mode is only for traffic.
    Thanks! If you thought the driving levels were hard by bike - they get a lot worse when you have to drive a cop car, or van, and police chase you all the way to your destination. And by chase, I mean they bump and crash into you :P

I have played through the whole game with the code, so I can say I have tested it extensively. The first couple of driving levels, you drive a bike. But in later driving levels, you drive a police car, and in the last one, a van. I'm happy to say that the code works wonders on all the driving levels. It also functions as an infinite health code for those levels, as traffic collision is the only way to get damage. I haven't noticed any side-effects on the platform or driving levels. It's also very useful for training/mapping out routes.

Thanks a lot Tony!!

By the way, this game is very finicky using Game Genie codes on real hardware. I've long since given that up, and only use them on emulators. When using codes on real hardware, I'd often get an illegal instruction screen, or something called the debugging monitor (black screen, red text). I have not tested this specific code on real hardware though, so I can't say if people would run into those kind of errors.

Will take a look at that as soon as I'm done with the T2 Judgement Day code.
    Thanks dude.

The extra 20 points makes a huge difference when playing some of the final teams in league mode.

*Edited to remove redundant screenshots.
    Last edited by Mad Moham; 10-24-2018 at 09:14 PM.

Here are some more codes for T2: Judgment Day that were on my site, but not on GameHacking dot net. Made them a long time ago and must have missed them.

Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Genesis) Game Genie

9TSA-DGRW +
    AASA-CK0Y +
    96SA-CAG0 +
    42SA-C0R2
    Infinite energy (except in driving levels).

AD1A-HP0L
    Knife throwers don't hurt you.

A13A-GG0E
    Knee kick is much stronger. You can kill enemies with 1 kick.

The last few years I have used these Terminator 2 Judgment Day codes by VisitntX for infinite energy (walking levels):
    9X6A-BGEC
    3D6A-AAEE
    996A-AAEG
    456A-A0NJ

I'm not entirely sure how they work, as I remember bullets, explosions, knives, etc. were all handled differently and would require individual Game Genie codes. When using these codes, I sometimes see the health go down for a couple of percent, but only for a split second. It then goes right back to 100%, so I guess it is constantly being written to be 100%? When turning off the first code, I got an illegal instruction screen and the game would freeze.

Anyway, thanks for those extra codes! Will make a new .pat file and do another playthrough using all of them. I will let you know how they work out for me

AD1A-HP0L - Knife throwers don't hurt you.
    Works fine, also applies to the club/stick things that hospital personell throw at you in level 4 (Pescadero State Hospital). Does not apply to the T-1000 stabbing you, so only works on projectiles.

A13A-GG0E - Knee kick is much stronger. You can kill enemies with 1 kick.
    Works great. Enemies don't even fall, they just disappear after a second :P I also used Game Genie codes to start in later levels. You start without weapons though, but I wanted to test the Knee kick code, so that was perfect. But the player is supposed to have weapons at this point, so kicks and punches did not work for me. I didn't expect anything out of this though, I just had some fun testing this.

9TSA-DGRW +
    AASA-CK0Y +
    96SA-CAG0 +
    42SA-C0R2
    Infinite energy (except in driving levels).
    Now these have some interesting side effects. My notes:
    - Player health is (almost) always at 98% and will go back there pretty fast when damaged.
    - Watch your health (goes down fairly fast) when healing John or Sarah.
    - Side effect is that in some levels, enemies do not show up with these activated. Turning them off will make them appear as they normally would. This applies to John's house (level 2) when setting off the alarm, Enrique's compound (level 4) and Dyson's house (level 6), in which special forces would never show up. Turing the codes off restores the timer before they do show up.

I'm interested in how the inifinite energy codes prevent enemies from appearing, any idea how that works?

Quote Originally Posted by GelmiR View Post
    I'm interested in how the inifinite energy codes prevent enemies from appearing, any idea how that works?
    I made that code a long time ago and don't remember the details. However, by looking at it I can tell that it is forcing a value into the RAM address for health. It's possible that the area of the ROM that I hi-jacked for the codes is causing the side effect. I usually look for safe areas to hi-jack, but may have made a mistake here. Can the level be completed with the enemies missing?

I made that code a long time ago and don't remember the details. However, by looking at it I can tell that it is forcing a value into the RAM address for health. It's possible that the area of the ROM that I hi-jacked for the codes is causing the side effect. I usually look for safe areas to hi-jack, but may have made a mistake here. Can the level be completed with the enemies missing?
    Yes, all those levels can be completed without the enemies. I made a mistake though, Enrique's compound is level 5. But that doesn't matter for the codes. Makes levels 5 and 6 a lot easier

Mad Moham, give this a try.

Speedball 2 (Europe) (Gamesis/MD) Game Genie

8BTT-AAFC
    Maximum stat points is 240 in League mode (instead of 220).

9KTT-AAFC
    Maximum stat points is 250 in League mode (instead of 220).

Mad Moham, give this a try.

Speedball 2 (Europe) (Gamesis/MD) Game Genie

8BTT-AAFC
    Maximum stat points is 240 in League mode (instead of 220).

9KTT-AAFC
    Maximum stat points is 250 in League mode (instead of 220).

Wow!
    I think you might be the most awesome person on the planet right now. I think they should have made the game like that in the first place. I haven't tried it to the end of the game yet, will let you know when I do, but this should make the game a lot more playable after advancing to division 1.

Thanks, I would rep if I could.

I've now finished a playthrough with the code for 250 points. The game is indeed a lot more playable because players don't get injured so easily (a major problem in division 1).

Like I already said, the game should have shipped with 250 as the maximum value, I can't see any reason to lock stats at 220.

Thread Information