Quantcast

Page 101 of 151 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2261

Thread: Official New Game Genie Code Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
    Spider-Man vs The Kingpin (Genesis)

NLKA-CA2J
    Invincibility (you can walk thru enemies).

AKKA-CA5C
    Some enemies don't move. This includes the dog, rat, thug, snake and Lizard.
    Did a quick playthrough using these 2 codes. My findings:

NLKA-CA2J
    Invincibility (you can walk thru enemies).
    - The green highly toxic looking water in the sewer level still hurts.
    - Projectiles still hurt. This includes bullets, Venom's webbing, Electro's bolts, Hobgoblin's pumpkin bombs, and the robots and lasers in the Caverns level.

AKKA-CA5C
    Some enemies don't move. This includes the dog, rat, thug, snake and Lizard.
    - Also works on Electro (in a way), he can only move up and down, and can't come towards you when walking away.
    - Also works on Kingpin! This is very welcome!
    - Needs to be turned off after defeating Kingpin, or the ending cutscene won't play out. The code applies to all characters in the cutscene, including Spider-Man.

edit: It also affects Spider-Man in the cutscenes between levels.
    Last edited by GelmiR; 10-25-2018 at 01:15 PM.

Thanks GelmiR, I'll update the code descriptions on those codes.

EDIT: Is the "Some enemies can't move" code worthwhile, or would it be better to get rid of it?
    Last edited by Tony H; 10-25-2018 at 07:10 PM.

You're welcome! I had some fun testing these, been looking to test more codes and stumbled upon them. Not sure why I didn't test them earlier, I must have forgotten. But yes, I would definitely keep the code around - its use against Kingpin alone is worth it!

It prevents Spidey from pacing back and forth in the cutscenes with the scrolling text, but there is no need to turn it of because of this. Also, both Lizard and Electro appear twice in the game. I would say it is mostly useful against bosses. Electro can still move, but only vertically. I can get you a full list of enemies it works on, but if I'd have to summarize the code:
    - Some enemies can't move. Also affects the Lizard, Electro, and Kingpin bosses. Especially useful against Kingpin. Needs to be turned off after Kingpin is defeated.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

I also did some more testing for the Addams Family Values codes. With the walk thru walls code, I accidentally entered a place I wasn't supposed to be, yet. I defeated a boss there and got a reward for it. Later, I used the key needed to open the door to get to this area. The boss would reappear (though only his moving parts) and I would get the reward again. Just thought you should know that bosses reappear and getting inventory items a second time do not screw up the game.

As for the invincibility code, I came across an inventory item that was not automatically picked up and also required the code to be turned off. Previous inventory items were out in the open, and picked up upon walking into them. This latest one however, was dropped by a boss. That matches the non-inventory items dropped by random enemies for which the code had to be turned off. I think the description needs to be changed to something like this:
    - Needs to be turned off to pick up items dropped by enemies.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

I have a question for the beta/proto version of Home Alone. The final version has 5 houses to explore/protect, but the beta has a 6th house in the south-east area of the map. It can't be entered, and I doubt an interior was ever finished. But is there some way you could take a look at it to be sure? Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Many thanks for the code notes, will update them when I get home.

Will investigate the extra house in Home Alone. Sounds interesting.

One question... on Spiderman vs Kingpin, was it known by a different name? When I looked for the ROM in my usual spot, I couldn't find it. I found the ROM before, but I'm sure I had to look somewhere else. I also noticed that there aren't any codes for it at Gamehacking dot net under that name.

You're welcome Tony! Thanks in advance for Home Alone The 6th house has a peace sign in the snow on its roof.
    Edit: the text prompt to enter houses does not appear, but pressing start does work on the other 5 houses when in the right spot.

And yes, Spider-Man Vs. The Kingpin is only called that way in-game - on the box it just says "Spider-Man". It's this one:
    https://gamehacking.org/game/15931

There's another one called "Spider-Man" by Acclaim, I think that one is also known as Spider-Man the Animated Series.

Got all the code descriptions updated (at GameHacking dot net and my site).

I took a look at Home Alone and have a code to try out. As far as I can tell, the code will allow you to enter the 6th house, but I think it's not really the 6th house. I believe you can press Start anywhere on the map and enter a house, but I haven't tested it enough and I'm not familiar enough with the game to know if I'm actually going into the 6th house. Maybe you can play around with it and see if you can verify that it's not really the 6th house.

From what I can tell, it's going to be fairly difficult to figure this one out. I've got a few more things I'm going to look at, and will keep you posted.

Here's the code...

RF9T-A61W

EDIT: This is for - Home Alone (USA) (Beta)
    Last edited by Tony H; 10-26-2018 at 10:06 PM.

Good news, it looks like at least some of the programing is still there for the 6th house. These are the 6 different types of houses I've found: Colonial House, Farm House, Old House, Mansion, Modern House, and 60's House. From what I can tell, it's the "60's House" that was going to be used for the 6th house, but I haven't gone to all of the 5 other houses to verify that. Assuming that the 6th house was going to use the "60's House" type, I took a screen shot of it.

HomeAloneBeta.png

EDIT: I'm working on codes so that you can see it yourself, once it's verified that the 60's House is in fact the type that's used in the 6th house. Do you happen to know if the other 5 types of houses are the ones used in the other 5 normal houses?
    Last edited by Tony H; 10-26-2018 at 10:42 PM.

I won't have time for a proper reply until a few hours from now, but yes! 60's house is not in the final game Modern house is called Ultra modern house in final, and farm house is called Country house, but other than the name, they're the same. Sweet, any little bit of info'd make me happy - I love this game Thanks in advance!

Edit: The blueprint in the image you posted is actually the one of the Old house, I can tell because of the missing stairs. But that doesn't mean there's nothing there - if I remember correctly, they use that blueprint for more than 1 house in the proto.

Edit2: Sooner than I expected after all:

The other house that uses the Old House blueprint is the Modern House. I have some general info on the game for you.

Your goal is to prevent Harry and Marv (the Wet Bandits) from looting and flooding the neighborhood houses. You do this by setting traps and using weapons on them once inside a house, this fills up the PAIN meter. You have to fill up this meter before they can loot the house and fill up the LOOT meter. Once the timer has run out, the police will arrive and the game will be over.

You can collect items in the various houses, and in the map as well (by running over snowmen). Most of these items can be used to craft weapons. The crafting menu is accessed by pausing the game while inside a house (not sure if it works in the map area from the top of my head). In Beginner mode, weapons are auto-assembled when having certain items. In Expert mode, you will have to select the items and craft weapons yourself. Though I don't think you can change the settings from Beginner in the beta version.

If you enter a house before the Wet Bandits have entered it, you will get to see the blueprint (and name) of the house, and will be able to set traps.

Though the map in the beta looks quite different from the one in the final game, the locations of the houses are more or less the same.

TOP LEFT: Modern House (renamed Ultra Modern House in final)
    TOP CENTER: The Mansion
    TOP RIGHT: Colonial House

BOTTOM LEFT: Old House
    BOTTOM CENTER: Farm House (renamed Country House in final)
    BOTTOM RIGHT: 60s House (now known thanks to you only in beta)

Edlt3: House interiors are also mostly the same in beta and final, with some minor differences. I've seen Dollar signs instead of safes, the basement/lower level in one of the houses (I think Farm/Country House, but not sure right now) in beta is smaller, and some other minor things. But beta and final houses are nowhere near as different from each other as the outside area is.

Edit 4:
    As far ask I can tell, the code will allow you to enter the 6th house, but I think it's not really the 6th house. I believe you can press Start anywhere on the map and enter a house
    A quick test confirmed this, I think it was also the same house anywhere I'd press start - but I should try again to be 100% sure.
    Tested it again, at first, pressing start will bring up the blueprint of the Modern House. After that, it will bring up the blueprint of the last visited house. Only the blueprint though, after pressing start you will continue outside.

Edit 5: Added attachment/screenshot for quick-view of the 5 house interiors.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GelmiR; 10-27-2018 at 06:15 AM.

Won't be home for awhile, but here's a bit of an update on Home Alone. There doesn't appear to any programming on the 6th house that allows you to press start near the front door and enter the house. I found that part of the programming and there are only 5 places for the 5 houses.

The best we can hope for is that we can use one of the existing houses to get inside of the 6th house, and that's if the interior of the 6th house is there.

Will investigate some more when I get home.

Edit: Thanks for all the help GelmiR!

No, thank you! Getting to see the planned official name for the house was already a great little tidbit Hoping for the interior of course, but wether it's there are not - thanks for all the effort!

GelmiR, here's a Game Genie code that lets you see the "60's House" blueprint when you go into the house next to you when you first start the game (the Modern House).

Home Alone (Beta)

A4DT-AACR
    Go into the first house when starting a new game to see the unused "60's House" blueprint.

GelmiR, here's a Game Genie code that lets you see the "60's House" blueprint when you go into the house next to you when you first start the game (the Modern House).

Home Alone (Beta)

A4DT-AACR
    Go into the first house when starting a new game to see the unused "60's House" blueprint.
    Tested it, works!

Edit: Both the (Ultra) Modern House and 60's House use the Old House blueprint, though. I can tell because of the missing stairs to the attic. I guess they were placeholders But the name is there!

Finally figured out how the interior of the houses are loaded, and sadly, there are only 5 of them. :-( Well, at least we got the blue print.

That's too bad, but then - I didn't hold high hopes for its existence. But seeing its planned name was already really cool Thank you very much for trying and the time/effort you have put into this!

Edit: By the way, if you are interested in making Game Genie codes for the final version of Home Alone, I'd be happy to test them extensively I'm not really looking for specific codes, so it would be mostly for if you're looking for a game to make codes for. I do have some codes for it, but the game always freezes a few minutes in when using them.
    Last edited by GelmiR; 10-29-2018 at 07:42 AM.

GelmiR, I checked to see if the 6th blue print was in the final release, but it's not.

Working on some new codes. You had mentioned that some of the codes caused the game to freeze. Let me know if you have any problems with these.

Home Alone (Genesis) Game Genie

AB7A-CEFG
    Start a new game with 6 of Torches, Ice, Tar, Toys, and Marbles (instead of only 3).

AB7A-CGFG
    Start a new game with 9 of Torches, Ice, Tar, Toys, and Marbles (instead of only 3).

Thread Information