Quantcast

Page 102 of 151 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2262

Thread: Official New Game Genie Code Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
    GelmiR, I checked to see if the 6th blue print was in the final release, but it's not.

Working on some new codes. You had mentioned that some of the codes caused the game to freeze. Let me know if you have any problems with these.

Home Alone (Genesis) Game Genie

AB7A-CEFG
    Start a new game with 6 of Torches, Ice, Tar, Toys, and Marbles (instead of only 3).

AB7A-CGFG
    Start a new game with 9 of Torches, Ice, Tar, Toys, and Marbles (instead of only 3).
    Wow, nice! Thanks, I'll give them a try today I've been using these codes, but the game freezes and I don't know why.

EARA-AA8Y master code
    RFVA-C6TT infinite ammo
    AKLT-CA5L infinite tires
    AL1A-AA8Y infinite charge for sled
    ALVA-AA44 freeze time
    R1FA-A6XE freeze loot

I think it also froze with just Master and infinite loot, so I guess I'll try them out individually. Is Master code mostly for emulation, or hardware? I'm currently playing it with emulation, on which it always freezes when using these codes.

Edit: Thanks for checking the final version for the blueprint of the 60's House!

Edit 2: The new codes work fine for me I ran into only one issue:
    Turning off the code and resetting the game will result in a checksum error. This is no big deal, but I should you should know anyway.

Edit 3: Messing around with your codes I got one (AB7A-C8FG) that made me start a new game with 45 Torches, Ice, Tar, Toys, and Marbles I'm not trying to take credit for it or anything, I didn't make this, only changed it around a little :P
    Last edited by GelmiR; 10-30-2018 at 03:36 PM.

Didn't have time to test these much, so let me know if there are any problems. Makes getting those high items a breeze.

9J4T-B94R
    Jump higher. Only works when standing still.

9A4T-B94R
    Jump much higher (all the way to the ceiling). Only works when standing still.

Didn't have time to test these much, so let me know if there are any problems. Makes getting those high items a breeze.

9J4T-B94R
    Jump higher. Only works when standing still.

9A4T-B94R
    Jump much higher (all the way to the ceiling). Only works when standing still.
    Nice! I just played the game again, really in the mood for it Will test these this evening!

Edit: By the way, could you at some point remake the Home Alone codes I've listed above? Or somehow find out why the game freezes when using them?

Quote Originally Posted by GelmiR View Post
    Edit: By the way, could you at some point remake the Home Alone codes I've listed above? Or somehow find out why the game freezes when using them?
    Have never tried any of them. Do they freeze on real hardware or emulation? Do I have to do anything special to get the game to freeze?

Have never tried any of them. Do they freeze on real hardware or emulation? Do I have to do anything special to get the game to freeze?
    They freeze on emulation - haven't tried them on real hardware (don't have a physical Game Genie cartridge anymore). Last time, it froze only using these two:

EARA-AA8Y master code
    R1FA-A6XE freeze loot

I will do some more testing. Just used them again on Expert mode, which gives you 40 minutes instead of 20 minutes. The loot meter didn't go up, but after about 5 minutes it was game over and the police showed up. Something is up with these codes. I remember that the infinite time code would also mess up the timer display, and possibly the game itself as well.

By the way, that checksum error I mentioned when turning off a Game Genie code and resetting the game? I found out that it does this with most of the codes.

Edit: Those high jump codes don't work for me, I'm afraid. My first guess is that we are using different region roms, but I think there's only a (World) version?
    Last edited by GelmiR; 10-31-2018 at 04:17 PM.

Have only tested these codes in the Mansion. Should work in all the other houses, but not sure. Tried waiting in some of the other houses, but gave up after several minutes (not sure what order the bad guys hit the houses in).

APXT-A2BC
    The Torch causes 5x as much pain on the bad guys (Pain meter).

A3XT-BTBC
    The Torch causes 10x as much pain on the bad guys (Pain meter). Using 2 torches will let you defeat the bad guys for that house (Pain meter will fill all the way up).

EDIT: Just saw your edit about the jump codes. Will think about that one.

EDIT2: Did you try the jump codes in the Mansion (that's the only house I tested them in)?
    Last edited by Tony H; 10-31-2018 at 04:43 PM.

Tried the jumping codes in the Mansion as well, but haven't gotten them to work there, either. I'm not sure about the order they hit the houses in, I'm not even sure if there is one. I think it's fixed in Beginner, and randomized in Expert, but not 100% sure. As for the torch codes, they work like a charm, thanks!

GelmiR, can you send me a copy of the ROM you're using? Either in a PM or email. You can get my email address from my website (The Code Hut). I just tested the jump code again and it works fine for me. We may have different ROMs.

GelmiR, can you send me a copy of the ROM you're using? Either in a PM or email. You can get my email address from my website (The Code Hut). I just tested the jump code again and it works fine for me. We may have different ROMs.
    Sure thing, just sent it to your e-mail address Thanks for looking into it!

The ROMs are identical. Double check that you entered the code correctly, then start a new game and go directly into the Mansion. Try jumping in the very first room when standing still.

EDIT: If you can, copy and paste the code into the emulator.

EDIT2: If you still can't get the jump code working, or if it's working but not all the time, try using this code together with the jump code...

ABJT-DA5W

So for the super high jump, use these two codes:

9A4T-B94R +
    ABJT-DA5W
    Last edited by Tony H; 11-01-2018 at 12:39 AM.

I have correctly entered them (double-checked) and they are not working for me on their own when I start a new game and enter the Mansion. Could it be the emulator? With the additional code though, the Jump Even Higher code works! Also works in other houses

Glad we finally got the jump codes working. Have a question about them. You had mentioned something about an attic or something that requires two tires to get to. Is the highest jump code high enough to get to that?

Glad we finally got the jump codes working. Have a question about them. You had mentioned something about an attic or something that requires two tires to get to. Is the highest jump code high enough to get to that?
    Yes, it is! First time you jump, you will land on a shelf above the bed. Then, a second jump will take you up to the attic There's some screenshots in this topic to explain better what I meant:
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...-missing-attic

Edit: In case you'd want to add it to the description of the code, it's the attic of the Old House. It normally requires two tires to reach.
    Last edited by GelmiR; 11-01-2018 at 04:30 PM.

This code is pretty neat. It's fun shooting them with the BB gun, and they don't have any idea who's doing it. lol.

AATA-CA48
    Bad guys can't see you.
    Last edited by Tony H; 11-01-2018 at 09:53 PM.

This code is pretty neat. It's fun shooting them with the BB gun, and they don't have any idea who's doing it. lol.

AATA-CA48
    Bad guys can't see you.
    Cool! Will try this in a few hours By the way, the jumping codes also (sort of) work when walking. When walking and pressing the jump button, you jump forward. But with the code enabled and when doing the same, I'd stop walking and jump straight up to the ceiling. Will test it one more time to be sure.

Edit: Tested the code, so far it works great - pretty neat indeed They do actually see you (they walk faster towards you when they do), but they can no longer pick you up and place you on a hook when they do Thanks!
    Last edited by GelmiR; 11-02-2018 at 05:48 AM.

Thread Information