Quantcast

Page 104 of 151 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2262

Thread: Official New Game Genie Code Thread

I found the routine that knows when all the safes have been opened, and floods the house. I made a code so that the game thinks they've never opened all the safes, and the house never floods. The only potential problem I see, is that the bad guys appear to just stay in that house forever, or until you fill up the Pain meter (although I haven't actually tried that yet with this code).

Let me know if this code would be useful. You can use this code by itself (ie you don't need to use the other looting codes I made earlier).

Home Alone (Genesis) Game Genie

A5HT-AA6Y
    House will never flood (from looting).

Quote Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
    I found the routine that knows when all the safes have been opened, and floods the house. I made a code so that the game thinks they've never opened all the safes, and the house never floods. The only potential problem I see, is that the bad guys appear to just stay in that house forever, or until you fill up the Pain meter (although I haven't actually tried that yet with this code).

Let me know if this code would be useful. You can use this code by itself (ie you don't need to use the other looting codes I made earlier).

Home Alone (Genesis) Game Genie

A5HT-AA6Y
    Did a quick test; I entered the Mansion and let the bandits do their thing. I'm afraid the meter did fill up, they were able to empty the safes and the house got flooded. I double-checked the code, I entered/activated it correctly... If it had worked, though, I think you are right that the bandits would never leave the house until the Pain meter is filled up.

The code worked fine for me and the bad guys just kept walking around the house and they never left, even after the loot meter was full. I don't think a code for "no looting/no flooding" is going to work too well, so I'm not going to spend anymore time on it.

EDIT: The code doesn't stop the loot meter from filling up, it just stops the house from flooding.
    Last edited by Tony H; 11-06-2018 at 02:25 PM.

The code worked fine for me and the bad guys just kept walking around the house and they never left, even after the loot meter was full. I don't think a code for "no looting/no flooding" is going to work too well, so I'm not going to spend anymore time on it.

EDIT: The code doesn't stop the loot meter from filling up, it just stops the house from flooding.
    I just tried again, started a new game and applied the code. The meter fills up, but they also manage to empty the safes. As soon as the meter fills up and the safes are empty, I get the message that the house is flooded and I'm dumped outside. We're using the same rom, which makes me think I'm doing something wrong (like pressing UP with the jumping code), but I'm 100% sure I entered the code correctly. No worries about not wanting to spend more time on such a code, though. I just hope you know how much I appreciate you making any codes at all for this game. Just to be sure; thanks!

You were right, I started a new game and tried the no flooding code and it didn't work. I must have been using a save state which messed things up. Anyways, I added a couple more codes and got it to work (I think). I'd be great if you could test it and let me know what your opinion is. Is the code worthwhile? I'm thinking that you won't be able to finish the game because the bad guys will never leave the first house (unless you fill up the pain meter). If you're going to be filling up the pain meter, these codes seem like a waste. However, you're much more knowledgeable about this game, so would like your input.

I only tested this in the "Beginner" mode. Keep in mind that they will still open the safes, and the loot meter will fill up, but the house shouldn't flood.

Home Alone

A5HT-AA6Y +
    BA8A-CA2R +
    BAYA-CA4C
    Last edited by Tony H; 11-06-2018 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Edited some of the sentences

Raging in the Streets KnightWarrior's Avatar

My is PC is down for a while, Have to get a new one, The browser I'm using doesn't display Gamehacking.org at all... My I have a list of Dual Language Codes, I think someone made for me

I got the Region Codes off your site, I still need Dual Language Codes for

Streets of Rage 2/Bare Knuckle 2
    Ghouls 'N Ghosts Stays in Engish in a Japanese MD, Plays in Japanese in a Genesis
    TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist - Region Code
    The Revenge of Shinobi - Engish in a Japanese Mega Drive Rev A Rev 02
    Thunderforce II Display Engish on a Japanes Mega Drive
    Gaiares - Japanese text in game on a US Genesis, Engish on a Japanese Mega Drive

Again, if I have these codes already, Copy it for me, Gamehacking.org won't display on this browser

Quote Originally Posted by KnightWarrior View Post
    My is PC is down for a while, Have to get a new one, The browser I'm using doesn't display Gamehacking.org at all... My I have a list of Dual Language Codes, I think someone made for me

I got the Region Codes off your site, I still need Dual Language Codes for

Ghouls 'N Ghosts Stays in Engish in a Japanese MD, Plays in Japanese in a Genesis
    TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist - Region Code
    Thunderforce II Display Engish on a Japanes Mega Drive
    Gaiares - Japanese text in game on a US Genesis, Engish on a Japanese Mega Drive

Again, if I have these codes already, Copy it for me, Gamehacking.org won't display on this browser
    All of the regional lockout bypass codes I've made are on my site: http://codehut.gshi.org/RegionalBypassGG.txt

Here is a link to a more complete list (my codes are included): https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/genesi...sis/faqs/60595

You were right, I started a new game and tried the no flooding code and it didn't work. I must have been using a save state which messed things up. Anyways, I added a couple more codes and got it to work (I think). I'd be great if you could test it and let me know what your opinion is. Is the code worthwhile? I'm thinking that you won't be able to finish the game because the bad guys will never leave the first house (unless you fill up the pain meter). If you're going to be filling up the pain meter, these codes seem like a waste. However, you're much more knowledgeable about this game, so would like your input.

I only tested this in the "Beginner" mode. Keep in mind that they will still open the safes, and the loot meter will fill up, but the house shouldn't flood.

Home Alone

A5HT-AA6Y +
    BA8A-CA2R +
    BAYA-CA4C
    I did some extensive testing on Expert mode. These codes (for me, anyway!) are PERFECT for training on Expert mode (more traps, more weapons). My findings:
    - Don't stay outside when the Loot meter is filling up, the house will still get flooded.
    - Once the Loot meter is full, you can leave the house any time and come back.
    - The bandits will not leave the house until the Pain meter is full.
    - Emptied-out safes will have been closed up again when re-entering a house.
    - The bandits will revisit houses of which the Loot meter had been filled up fully.

I also found a nice side-effect for the "invisibility" code (AATA-CA48). Normally when walking into a bandit on the stairs, he will bump you up- or downstairs, depending on the direction their going. But when the code is active, they will clip right through you.

Thanks again Tony!!

Quote Originally Posted by GelmiR View Post
    I did some extensive testing on Expert mode. These codes (for me, anyway!) are PERFECT for training on Expert mode (more traps, more weapons). My findings:
    - Don't stay outside when the Loot meter is filling up, the house will still get flooded.
    - Once the Loot meter is full, you can leave the house any time and come back.
    - The bandits will not leave the house until the Pain meter is full.
    - Emptied-out safes will have been closed up again when re-entering a house.
    - The bandits will revisit houses of which the Loot meter had been filled up fully.

I also found a nice side-effect for the "invisibility" code (AATA-CA48). Normally when walking into a bandit on the stairs, he will bump you up- or downstairs, depending on the direction their going. But when the code is active, they will clip right through you.

Thanks again Tony!!
    Glad the code was useful. I will go ahead and add it to the usual places once I figure out how to word the description.

Unless you have a specific request, this will be the last of the codes for Home Alone. Actually a pretty good game once you understand what to do.

Glad the code was useful. I will go ahead and add it to the usual places once I figure out how to word the description.

Unless you have a specific request, this will be the last of the codes for Home Alone. Actually a pretty good game once you understand what to do.
    No more requests for Home Alone, thanks again Tony! I was wondering how you liked the game, glad you liked it I may be biased (like, a lot), but I think it's a very good licensed game. And a fun/creative one, at that.

I do have some ideas/questions for things to check in beta versions of Terminator 1 and Jurassic Park, but I don't want to seem greedy :P So if and whenever you feel like it.

I got the TMNT one after I posted this

I still need Dual Language Codes for

I don't know who made me the Dual Language Codes for me

KnightWarrior, did you look at the second link I posted above? It should have codes for those games. I looked at the very first game on your list (Streets of Rage 2) and saw codes for it.

EDIT: GelmiR, what codes (or things checked) do you need for those Beta games?
    Last edited by Tony H; 11-07-2018 at 08:46 PM.

I ment for Dual Language Codes not the Region Codes, I found it

Like When I put in Streets of Rage 2 (U) in a Japanese Mega Drive, The Title Screen & Text would be in Engish with a GG Codes

Someone on Gamehacking or you made some codes for me, But I can't find them for the life of me

Quote Originally Posted by KnightWarrior View Post
    I ment for Dual Language Codes not the Region Codes, I found it

Like When I put in Streets of Rage 2 (U) in a Japanese Mega Drive, The Title Screen & Text would be in Engish with a GG Codes

Someone on Gamehacking or you made some codes for me, But I can't find them for the life of me
    Ah, I did misunderstand. I think most of those codes are on Gamehacking dot org, or maybe on BSFree. I don't remember making any codes like that, but if I did, they would be on my site.

Ah, I did misunderstand. I think most of those codes are on Gamehacking dot org, or maybe on BSFree. I don't remember making any codes like that, but if I did, they would be on my site.
    Gamehacking.org doesn't work on this browser

Thread Information