Quantcast

Page 115 of 151 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2262

Thread: Official New Game Genie Code Thread

GelmiR, glad the codes worked. Will pick another game from your list before too long.

Quote Originally Posted by LinkueiBR View Post
    Really Interesting... maybe install the "mine" in the ground without holding down+B.
    Got it working fairly good, but not perfect. There are 4 different versions of the code with explanations for each one. A few issues I noticed that will probably take too much time to fix...

1) If you use one of the codes below that still has jump enabled when pressing Up, you'll notice that you keep jumping over and over when you hold Up (you normally only jump once when holding Up). This isn't much of an issue since you normally wouldn't hold Up anyways. Having jump enabled when planting mines is kind of neat since you can plant the mine and jump out of the way.

2) If you use one of the codes below that has jump disabled when pressing Up, you'll notice that when you press Up, you will temporarily stop moving until you release Up, and the mine countdown is paused until you release Up. This can be useful however.

3) If you use one of the codes below that has jump disabled when pressing Up, you'll notice that when you hold Up and press the directional pad backwards, you will slide backwards until you release the directional pad (can even slide thru rocks, walls etc).

I'm including a different version (below) of the previous code I posted that disabled the jump action with the UP button from the D-PAD. The code I already posted above (B2ZT-AA32) seems to work perfectly, so I would definitely use that one in a hack if that's the only code you're going to use. However, if you use that code together with the codes below, the codes below won't work. Just wanted to explain why there are 2 different codes.

Turrican (Genesis) Game Genie

1EZT-A6V4 +
    AAZT-AAB6 +
    2TZT-BJB8
    Pressing Up plants a mine. Note that you will still jump when you press Up.

1EZT-A6V4 +
    AAZT-AAB6 +
    32ZT-BJB8
    Pressing Up plants a mine and you will also have infinite mines. Note that you will still jump when you press Up.

1EZT-A6V4 +
    AAZT-AAB6 +
    2TZT-BJB8 +
    RYZT-A6WE
    Pressing Up plants a mine. Note that you will NOT jump when you press Up.

1EZT-A6V4 +
    AAZT-AAB6 +
    32ZT-BJB8 +
    RYZT-A6WE
    Pressing Up plants a mine and you will also have infinite mines. Note that you will NOT jump when you press Up.

RYZT-A6WE
    Pressing Up will not make you jump. Pressing B still makes you jump. Note that this code is included in 2 of the codes above.
    Last edited by Tony H; 02-02-2019 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
    GelmiR, glad the codes worked. Will pick another game from your list before too long.
    Thanks, I look forward to testing whatever you come up with Long as there isn't someone who is in real need of codes, of course!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Scandy's Avatar

Hello,
    there is a GG code that should make Altered Beast "harder": MBGA-AAYR

The description on gamehacking.org says:
    ROM Write - Constantly writes 0x4058 to the ROM address 0x4C8E.

Maybe here in the forums there is some (AB/GG) expert that could explain what exactly this code does?

On segaretro.org it is reported that after beating the game...
    if the player decides to play the Mega Drive version again without turning off the power, they will start from the beginning of the game but there will be more powerful and dangerous enemies lurking in the earlier levels. (many of the ones that appeared in stage 4 and 5.) The boss fights also become more fierce.

Maybe it's this?
    Thank you

Scandy, I looked at that code and I can say with 99.9% certainty that it doesn't enable the more difficult version that you mention in your post. The person that made the code makes codes by using a real Game Genie on a real Genesis and keeps entering random codes until he finds one that does something.

I looked at the replacement instruction that is used in that code (4058), and that is not the type of instruction that you would use for the type of code you're looking for.

Hey Tony thank you very much for your feedback.
    So there is a way to know what exactly that code does?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Scandy View Post
    Hey Tony thank you very much for your feedback.
    So there is a way to know what exactly that code does?
    Thanks.
    Not without a lot of work. If it was a "legitimate" code, it probably wouldn't take too long to figure out, but because it's just some random letters and numbers entered into the Game Genie, I'm not even going to try to figure it out.

EDIT: I was thinking of how I could go about making a code to enable the "Hard" mode that you described when you finish the game, but I would need a save state right before you finish the game, and even then it may not be very easy to figure out. If you can supply a save state, I'll see what I can do. A Gens or Kega Fusion save state will work.

EDIT2: Have you ever tried finishing the game to see if the hard mode works? If you have, a detailed description of the differences in the first couple levels would be helpful.
    Last edited by Tony H; 02-03-2019 at 01:17 PM.

Thank you very much Tony!
    I'm not searching for a code to enable the "hard" mode after beating the game, I was just "curious" indeed about that strange GG code... but since we are speaking about Altered Beast, it would be "epic" a set of GG codes to enable features described by @SEGA-Jorge a couple of years ago in this exact post:

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...l=1#post758812

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Scandy View Post
    Thank you very much Tony!
    I'm not searching for a code to enable the "hard" mode after beating the game, I was just "curious" indeed about that strange GG code... but since we are speaking about Altered Beast, it would be "epic" a set of GG codes to enable features described by @SEGA-Jorge a couple of years ago in this exact post:

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...l=1#post758812

Thank you!
    Like Jorge said, some of those would require a lot of work and would be a patch instead of a few Game Genie codes. However, some of those ideas are doable. Will look into it when I get some time.

That's great, thank you!

Got it working fairly good, but not perfect. There are 4 different versions of the code with explanations for each one. A few issues I noticed that will probably take too much time to fix...

1) If you use one of the codes below that still has jump enabled when pressing Up, you'll notice that you keep jumping over and over when you hold Up (you normally only jump once when holding Up). This isn't much of an issue since you normally wouldn't hold Up anyways. Having jump enabled when planting mines is kind of neat since you can plant the mine and jump out of the way.

2) If you use one of the codes below that has jump disabled when pressing Up, you'll notice that when you press Up, you will temporarily stop moving until you release Up, and the mine countdown is paused until you release Up. This can be useful however.

3) If you use one of the codes below that has jump disabled when pressing Up, you'll notice that when you hold Up and press the directional pad backwards, you will slide backwards until you release the directional pad (can even slide thru rocks, walls etc).

I'm including a different version (below) of the previous code I posted that disabled the jump action with the UP button from the D-PAD. The code I already posted above (B2ZT-AA32) seems to work perfectly, so I would definitely use that one in a hack if that's the only code you're going to use. However, if you use that code together with the codes below, the codes below won't work. Just wanted to explain why there are 2 different codes.

Turrican (Genesis) Game Genie

1EZT-A6V4 +
    AAZT-AAB6 +
    2TZT-BJB8
    Pressing Up plants a mine. Note that you will still jump when you press Up.

1EZT-A6V4 +
    AAZT-AAB6 +
    32ZT-BJB8
    Pressing Up plants a mine and you will also have infinite mines. Note that you will still jump when you press Up.

1EZT-A6V4 +
    AAZT-AAB6 +
    2TZT-BJB8 +
    RYZT-A6WE
    Pressing Up plants a mine. Note that you will NOT jump when you press Up.

1EZT-A6V4 +
    AAZT-AAB6 +
    32ZT-BJB8 +
    RYZT-A6WE
    Pressing Up plants a mine and you will also have infinite mines. Note that you will NOT jump when you press Up.

RYZT-A6WE
    Pressing Up will not make you jump. Pressing B still makes you jump. Note that this code is included in 2 of the codes above.
    Really great codes that upgrade the gameplay!
    Nice job!!!

Tony, can you make us a code/patch that make the Kid Chameleon Diamond Power's (when you have 20+ and 50+ diamonds) command "A+START" assigned to Z button from the 6 Button controller?

Thank you³!!!
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

SEGA Mega Drive - Mortal Kombat Arcade Edition

Tony, can you make us a code/patch that make the Kid Chameleon Diamond Power's (when you have 20+ and 50+ diamonds) command "A+START" assigned to Z button from the 6 Button controller?

Thank you³!!!
    Did some research on what it would take to enable a 6 button controller on a Genesis game. One guy did it for another game and said he had to change 326 bytes. Would probably be an interesting project, but don't have that kind of time to invest.

change 326 bytes
    Ouch!
    Nevermind...

Can you make these 2 codes to improve the MD's cancelled Ninja Gaiden game:

-Fix the controls to make the Ninja walk forward when you press left or right instead of diagonals movements.
    -Remove the level skip command when the game was paused that was switched on by default.

Thank you Tony!
    Last edited by LinkueiBR; 02-09-2019 at 09:37 AM.
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

SEGA Mega Drive - Mortal Kombat Arcade Edition

Can you make these 2 codes to improve the MD's cancelled Ninja Gaiden game:

-Fix the controls to make the Ninja walk forward when you press left or right instead of diagonals movements.
    -Remove the level skip command when the game was paused that was switched on by default.

Thank you Tony!
    This should be the correct ROM. Let me know how it works, and if you also want codes to disable the "Restart level" and "Skip to next level" when you press A or C respectively when paused.

Ninja Gaiden (Japan) (Proto) [b] (Genesis/MD) Game Genie

RZ7T-A6TG
    Disables the level select when you press pause. Keeps showing time instead of level number, and disables changing the level number when pressing Left or Right. When paused, pressing A will still restart the level, and pressing C will still skip to the next level.
    Last edited by Tony H; 02-09-2019 at 09:00 PM.

GelmiR, an interesting game from your list. Only 2 codes for this game on the site, so thought it would be a good choice. If you happen to figure out how to use the "Objects" part of the debug menu, let me know.

Scooby-Doo Mystery (Genesis) Game Genie

RGCT-A6WT
    Debug menu is always available in the pause menu. To skip to any area/room in the game, pause the game and select "Rooms" and press Start. Select the "area" and press A, then select the room you want and press B, then press Start (with Continue highlighted). Still not sure how the "Objects" work.
    Last edited by Tony H; 02-16-2019 at 08:00 PM.

Oh, nice! Will look into this tomorrow morning and will let you know how it works out and if there's away to figure out Objects. Thanks!

Thread Information