Quantcast

Page 124 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2262

Thread: Official New Game Genie Code Thread

Update on my efforts on finding a different way of making a "have all items" code. As suspected, it's going to take a ton of codes. I've given up on it, but will post what I found in case I decide to come back to it later and finish it. No need to test these unless you're just curious.

These are raw/unencrypted...

Pirates of Dark Water

These codes can be turned on at anytime during game play. If you turn the codes on while the game is paused, you may need to un-pause and re-pause to see the effects.

04BA1E:6002 Enables the cursor/bracket in the pause menu.
    04C028:6002 Adds the pictures of all the items in the pause menu.
    04C092:7809 + 04C094:4E71 Adds a value of 9 to every item in the pause menu (can be modified to any value you want).
    04B9E6:6002 Allows you to move the cursor up to where the items are so you can select them (in the pause menu).
    00FF4C:6002 Lets you see which item was selected from the pause menu when you return to the game.

As you can see, every tiny little thing needs a code. Will be waaay too many by the time I'm done.

Will go back the the single code I made earlier and see if I can improve that one.

Interesting, thanks for sharing Good luck improving the single code!

EDIT:
    I figured out the sprite color palette issues, pretty sure it's not related to any code, but rather the game itself. In the first level, you can interact with a monkey bird. If you stand close to him, use the walk on air code, and quickly jump up a couple of times - you'll see the issue with the enemies for about a second. This also happens in that area I talked about earlier in Janda Town, and I didn't use that one code back there.
    Normally, players do not skip these characters, but interact with them. After they do, the character disappears - preventing any palette issues. I guess it's a game issue that's always been there
    Last edited by GelmiR; 06-02-2019 at 02:58 AM.

Glad to hear that it wasn't a code causing the problem, thanks for letting me know.

I decided not to spend anymore time on that start w/99 items code. There's already plenty of individual item codes out there anyways. Will pick another game from the list sometime in the near future.

EDIT: I came up with a few more new code ideas for Pirates of Dark Water. Will post when done.
    Last edited by Tony H; 06-02-2019 at 11:00 AM.

Cool Just replayed the game today, found another place where the color palettes were messed up, lol... Looking forward to seeing whatever more you can come up with

What a fantastic game. Have been playing further into the game and really enjoying it. More new codes...

Pirates of Dark Water (Genesis) (May 1994)

FX6A-AA4R
    Hit treasure chests from anywhere. Can use with the code that makes the chest item never disappear (AM3T-AA90), or the "Collect treasure chest items from anywhere" code (AX4A-AA6E).

AX4A-AA6E
    Collect treasure chest items from anywhere. Can use with the "Hit treasure chests from anywhere" code (FX6A-AA4R).

DX3T-AEF0
    Treasure chest items stay 3x longer before they disappear.

AM3T-AA90
    Treasure chest items never disappear.

AM5A-AA3T
    Get the maximum amount of an item on pickup (from chests). Doesn't work on daggers.
    NOTE: This code should work perfectly as far as amounts, keeping items between levels, etc. So far, I've tested it on these items (with amounts): melons, coins, keys = 90. Gravity potion = 10. Food = 3.
    This code kind of makes the "Always get Niddler" code obsolete, but will still keep it on the site.

============

GelmiR, what are the coins used for?

Nice! Glad to see you are enjoying the game

Awesome, I look forward to testing the new codes! Might be a few days, maybe tuesday but no later than wednesday morning. Especially the "maximum count of an item" sounds very interesting. Lots of questions popping up in my mind, stuff I'd like to test:

- Will the potions still reset back to 10 after obtaining too many (there are LOADS of secret areas with items in the game)? Not that it would matter, 10 is still a lot.
    - How many lives will you get when you pick up a 1up? The meter only goes up to 9, but the game keeps track of how many lives you have if there's more than 9 as well. I've been able to collect about 60-70 lives in the entire game. Yes, there's THAT many secret areas. Would it go to 99, or 100, and eventually reset?
    edit: As you don't mention lives, it might not work on those? Wouldn't be a problem as there's so many lives throughout the game and there's infinite lives

Will test it asap

As for the coins, this is from the top of my head;
    - Port of Pandawa: Beggar asks for 5 coins to help you open a gate (he tells you where its key is, kan be skipped by jumping over him)
    - Port of Pandawa: Merchant asks 10 coins to open a gate for you to progress
    - Citadel, near its end: the Ghost asks 10 coins to open a gate for you to progress
    - Bobo Mountain: Beggar asks 15 coins for a story (it's just some hints, can be skipped by jumping over him)
    - Andorus: No coins needed, but if you have any, Mantus (boss) will take them all even if you beat him

Some fun stuff:
    - When the SEGA logo appears, press reset. When it reappears, press start to be able to skip the Iguana and other logos and continue straight to the intro sequence.
    - When you press and hold down and get hit, there is no knock-back. This is very handy in some areas where you have to stand on a button and wait for it to go down and there's enemies around. Or when standing on the platforms at the last boss.
    Last edited by GelmiR; 06-03-2019 at 01:42 AM.

The "Get the maximum amount of an item on pickup" code works like this... When you pick up an item, it will give you the maximum amount that you can normally hold for that item. If you pick up that item again, it will not add to your existing amount, it will keep it at the normal maximum amount. So if you picked up a Gravity Potion, you would have 10 total in your inventory. If you picked up another Gravity Potion, you would still only have 10 total in your inventory. I was very careful with this code so that it wouldn't have any problems like with the other code with getting too many items and "resetting", showing questions marks on some of the item quantities, etc. This code *should* work perfectly. :-)

Thanks for the game tips, will check those out right now.

Hey Tony, i have a code request for you that can improve the GROWL/RUNARK gameplay:

In Growl/Runark, enemies recover instantaneously after they get a hit:

In SOR (and any other really good beat'em up), enemies has some time before they recover:

Can you make a code to decrease the recover time of the enemies after they get a hit?

Thanks!
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

SEGA Mega Drive - Mortal Kombat Arcade Edition

Thanks for the info, Tony But are you sure that 10 for a potion is the maximum the player can hold? I found sooo many gravity potions, I'm pretty sure well over 10. I thought the counter would still go up after 10, but now I'm not sure. In any case, I'll do some testing tomorrow

EDIT (tested all)

Tested all the codes and played a few levels, everything works great Especially the max amount from chest code is awesome

AX4A-AA6E
    Collect treasure chest items from anywhere.
    You also pick up items dropped by enemies from anywhere.

AM5A-AA3T
    Get the maximum amount of an item on pickup (from chests). Doesn't work on daggers.
    This is one nifty code, awesome! Keys and coins reset after each level, but it doesn't matter anymore. Keys always reset after each stage, but I thought originally that you keep coins after each level. But now I'm not sure, maybe you'd always lose them after each level. Anyway I tested it on the other potions as well, it works fine on all of them.

Thanks Tony! Did you finish the game yet?
    Last edited by GelmiR; 06-04-2019 at 03:20 PM.

GelmiR, have not finished the game yet, but have played several levels. Will update my code descriptions with your awesome notes.

LinkueiBR, if the enemies in that game have any amount of recover time, I can probably make a code to adjust it. If there isn't any at all, then probably can't be done with a few Game Genie codes, and would require too much work. Will investigate a little later when I get some time.
    Last edited by Tony H; 06-05-2019 at 12:07 AM.

Cool Have fun with the remaining levels!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
    GelmiR, have not finished the game yet, but have played several levels. Will update my code descriptions with your awesome notes.

LinkueiBR, if the enemies in that game have any amount of recover time, I can probably make a code to adjust it. If there isn't any at all, then probably can't be done with a few Game Genie codes, and would require too much work. Will investigate a little later when I get some time.
    I hope you can do it!
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!

Found out that my jump higher codes for Simba only worked for young Simba (didn't work on adult Simba)...

The Lion King (Genesis) Game Genie

ACKB-WTJ4
    Jump higher (adult Simba).

ACKB-XNA4
    Jump much higher (adult Simba).

==============

LinkueiBR, I spent some time on Growl. There is no recover time at all when you hit enemies. However with some enemies, if you hit them enough times, they will drop down and stay stunned for about 3 seconds. I tried getting this to happen on the first punch, but had no luck.

:\
    No problem Tony, thank you for try it.

Can you make a code to make Chakan stronger and another to make him faster?

Thanks!
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!

Quote Originally Posted by LinkueiBR View Post
    :\
    No problem Tony, thank you for try it.

Can you make a code to make Chakan stronger and another to make him faster?

Thanks!
    Should be no problem. What is the exact name of the game, and what exactly to you mean by "stronger"? Do you mean more health, stronger weapons, or ?

Edit: and when you say make him faster, do you mean walk faster?

Thread Information