Quantcast

Page 129 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2262

Thread: Official New Game Genie Code Thread

Nice, these work great already Yeah, the jumping is different from its sequel Rampage Edition. You take damage from jumping/falling from too much of a distance, sliding down (some?) slopes, etc. Also you die when falling too high a distance, before even hitting the ground :P That's probably what you meant by having problems.

Codes are fine the way they are, though I wonder if any exploration is possible by making Grant jump even higher. About landing without doing any damage, could this just be fixed by having already existing invincibility codes activated, or is health handled differently here? I am using 2 codes for invincibility, one of which refills health upon gaining damage.

The Raptor probably doesn't need jump higher codes. If you press/hold up and jump, its jump is already insanely high. You might break the game :P Hm, checking Gamehacking.org, it seems that I'm using USA codes. I guess USA codes also work on the PAL version? I'll have to double-check.

GelmiR, here's a super high jump code to test for exploring. Let me know if you need it any higher...

Jurassic Park (E)

0MRV-H97L
    Jump much higher (standing still only). Can cause problems, so use with caution.

EDIT: I think a inf energy code or invincibility should stop Grant from taking damage when jumping too high.
    Last edited by Tony H; 09-18-2019 at 04:00 PM.

Awesome, thanks Already broke the game trying to jump over the jeep at the start of the first level, lol. Would it be hard/possible to make walk on air and no clip codes? I don't really care about stability, it would only be for exploring. But I get that if it's hard to make these codes, it might not be worth it. Will do a full playthrough with the jump codes soon and get back to you. Haven't tested them on the raptor, by the way. Wonder if that would work. In Rampage Edition, you need seperate codes for Grant/Raptor. But I think in JP1 the invincibility codes work on both characters.

I also tried jumping over the Jeep and had the same outcome. Lol.

I had problems trying to make a walk on air code, but will try again and will also see about making a walk thru walls code.

Cool, thanks in advance By the way, I have to say that your work on Jurassic Park Rampage Edition (getting that early build to boot/run and the codes for the final version) is still some of my favorite work of yours

Quote Originally Posted by GelmiR View Post
    Cool, thanks in advance By the way, I have to say that your work on Jurassic Park Rampage Edition (getting that early build to boot/run and the codes for the final version) is still some of my favorite work of yours
    Thanks, I appreciate that. That was definitely one of the more exciting projects I've worked on.

I'm having trouble with the Walk On Air and No Clip codes for Jurassic Park. I've got one more idea I'm gonna try in a couple days. Fingers crossed.

You're welcome
    Cool! Thanks for trying, no worries if it doesn't work out.

GelmiR, this game is fighting me all the way. lol. No luck on the Walk On Air or No Clip codes. I'll keep trying new code ideas in the next few days.

I assume you're aware of the built-in cheat that lets you use controller 2 to move your character freely around the screen? Do you have any interest in it? I might be able to make codes that modify that.

EDIT: Also, do you have the ability to turn codes on and off while playing the game? I've got some ideas if you're able to do that.
    Last edited by Tony H; 09-22-2019 at 06:54 PM.

LinkueiBR, I've got the Game Genie codes you wanted for Prince of Persia 2. I only had time to do limited testing, so let me know if there are any problems.

There are two codes, one for each direction.

Prince of Persia 2 (Genesis/MD)

REWA-A6ZR +
    REWA-A6YR
    Prince will keep moving with sword drawn when holding Left or Right (instead of only moving one step).

Quote Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
    LinkueiBR, I've got the Game Genie codes you wanted for Prince of Persia 2. I only had time to do limited testing, so let me know if there are any problems.

There are two codes, one for each direction.

Prince of Persia 2 (Genesis/MD)

REWA-A6ZR +
    REWA-A6YR
    Prince will keep moving with sword drawn when holding Left or Right (instead of only moving one step).
    Woah, you're fast!
    I will test those codes more in my remastered mod, but looks like it works without problems!

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Tony H again."

EDIT: Unfortunately this code conflicts when you turn around... Sometimes during the turn around move, the Prince will walk instead of simply look to the other side.

You can see the problem starting at 00:34s:

I have an idea for another code request:

You can create a code to make the Prince always jump forward when pressed the Jump Button and only Jump up (to climb) when pressed UP button (Like the SNES Prince of Persia Jump system).

Thank you again for the amazing help that you can bringing to my project!
    Last edited by LinkueiBR; 09-22-2019 at 11:10 PM.
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

SEGA Mega Drive - Mortal Kombat Arcade Edition

Quote Originally Posted by LinkueiBR View Post
    Woah, you're fast!
    I will test those codes more in my remastered mod, but looks like it works without problems!

EDIT: Unfortunately this code conflicts when you turn around... Sometimes during the turn around move, the Prince will walk instead of simply look to the other side.
    I figured out what's happening. If you quickly tap the button to make him turn around, he will just turn around. If you hold the button just slightly longer to make him turn around, he will turn around and walk forward a short distance. It's all about how quickly you tap the button. Now the question is, is there any way to fix that? I'll take a look at it when I get some time and get back to you. Will also take a look at the other request.

EDIT: When you say that you want to have the jump button make him jump forward, are you talking about like when you press the Jump button and the directional pad in that direction at the same time?
    Last edited by Tony H; 09-22-2019 at 11:44 PM.

I figured out what's happening. If you quickly tap the button to make him turn around, he will just turn around. If you hold the button just slightly longer to make him turn around, he will turn around and walk forward a short distance. It's all about how quickly you tap the button. Now the question is, is there any way to fix that? I'll take a look at it when I get some time and get back to you. Will also take a look at the other request.
    hmm if theres a way to make it less sensitive...

EDIT: When you say that you want to have the jump button make him jump forward, are you talking about like when you press the Jump button and the directional pad in that direction at the same time?
    Yep (like in the SNES PoP1)!
    Last edited by LinkueiBR; 09-23-2019 at 12:46 AM.
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

SEGA Mega Drive - Mortal Kombat Arcade Edition

No worries, Tony Thanks for trying! Yeah that map feature might be useful, I knew it was with the debug mode. Do I need controller 2 do to that? Asking because I haven't gotten a 2nd controller to work with my setup. And yes, I can turn individual codes on/off during gameplay at all times

GelmiR, I'll see if I can make it so that you can use controller 1 to move around the screen for exploring, and you can turn the codes off when you want to return to normal game play.

LinkueiBR, just spent quite a bit of time working on that PoP2 code to make the A button do an angled jump, but in the end I couldn't figure it out. Made some codes to make the A button do a few different things, but not an angled jump. Ugh.

Also, I don't think I can make those 2 codes I made earlier any better (the codes that make the Prince keep moving with the sword drawn). I'm pretty sure that if I was able to fix that, it would break a lot of other stuff in the game. I was kind of bummed out that those codes had that side effect, because they seemed to work pretty good with the sword drawn.

Thread Information