Quantcast

Page 136 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2197

Thread: Official New Game Genie Code Thread

Got the Shotgun figured out so that it does automatic burst fire. Pretty fun.

Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Genesis/MD)

AX5A-BA60 +
    AM5A-AA62 +
    DAGA-CA68
    Allows you to always have a special modified version of the Shotgun (B button) with infinite ammo, even at the very beginning of the game. The Shotgun is modified so that if you hold down the B button, the Shotgun will automatically shoot bursts of 4 rounds instead of a single shot.

=============

Here is the other code for the second M-16 if you felt like experimenting. I may dig deeper into it and see if I can find out why they have separate programing for the two. The Mini-gun only has a single number used in the programing. Here are the ID numbers used in the programing: 01 = Mini-gun, 02 = M-16, 03 = M-16, 04 = Shotgun.

AS5A-BA60 +
    AM5A-AA62 +
    DAGA-CA68

The first code (AS5A-BA60) is the only one that's different from the first M-16 code above.

EDIT: Here's the code from the first M-16...

AM5A-BA60 +
    AM5A-AA62 +
    DAGA-CA68
    Always have the M-16 machine gun (B button) with infinite ammo, even at the very beginning of the game.

EDIT2: After some testing, this is what I found out.

Looks like the Pistol, both M-16s, and the Mini-gun all do 1 point of damage. I'm assuming that the difference is that the M-16's and Mini-gun have a much higher rate of fire, which causes much more damage. I can't find any difference in the two M-16s.

Made another new code while I was digging around:

AJ6A-CA20
    1 shot kills enemies.

Don't know if there are any bosses in this game so don't know if it works on them, but tested it on an enemy in level 6 and seemed to work fine.
    Last edited by Tony H; 03-04-2020 at 06:34 PM.

Cool, more stuff to try out I'll try and do it this evening. Did you see my reply at the bottom of page 135? Other than the M16 being in 2 levels, maybe another explanation is its amount of ammo on pickup? I'd have to compare the one in the Mall and at Enrique's, at this moment I don't know if the have the same amount of ammo on pickup or not.
    Thanks for all the info, sounds interesting I'll get back to you after testing. As for bosses, the T-1000 pops up a lot in the game. I'll be sure to test it on him.

Tested all the codes, the ones for all the weapons are awesome! I can't figure out the difference between the 2 versions of the M16, either. Both the one in the mall and at Enrique's compound have 300 rounds on pick up. The rapid shotgun is great, too.

I did at one time in level 1 have a problem with the pistol, where I couldn't fire it. Also the game didn't register me picking on up, either - as I saw enemies dropping more of them (and another shotgun too, now that I think about it). But I have not been able to replicate it.
    What's funny is that when shooting around when on vertical stairs, the pistol is always used and fires rapidly. I'm not really sure how this works without codes, as I hardly ever use it.

The game froze on me once, at the beginning of the 3rd level (the mall). I insta-reset and saved just before I got back there. But in this case, I have also not yet been able to replicate it.
    What is interesting about this to me though, is that the game has never frozen on me before. I do know it is very finicky on real hardware when using Game Genie codes. In fact, most of the times after a few minutes of playing, it would send me to the Debugging Monitor seen here. Though for me, the screen was always fully black with the text appearing in red.

As for the 1 shot kill code, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It also appeared to work on robots at Cyberdyne, but not on the T-1000. I'll try some more

In any case, I will probably do some more testing this weekend. Thanks for all the new codes!

Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can figure out if the codes are causing the problems you mentioned. Also, I'll change the code description for the 1 shot kills enemies code. Let me know if you get any more specific info on that.

EDIT: GelmiR, I've got a question about Terminator 2: Judgement Day. Can you have more than one of the better weapons (Shotgun, M-16, or Mini-gun) at once? If so, how do you switch between them?
    Last edited by Tony H; 03-06-2020 at 08:24 PM.

I think the Pistol (A button) does less damage than the shotgun, M-16 and minigun. The fire rate on the pistol and shotgun are both pretty slow, but you can 1 shot kill a lot of enemies with it, but the pistol takes several shots to do the job.

I did another playthrough without using the weapon codes, but I still had a second pistol show up, so that bit didn't have to do with the new codes. Can't figure out why at one point it didn't fire, though. But it's no big deal - mostly curiosity.

As for your question on having more than one of the better weapons - I wasn't sure. I assumed that from the minigun you'd revert back to the M-16 and then to the shotgun. But no, the weapon that you use with the B button is always replaced with the one you last pick up. So if you pick up an M-16 while you had a minigun, tough break. Though at least there appear to be two of them at Enrique's compound. But with your codes, you can switch around the weapons with activating/deactivating codes But in normal gameplay, one B button weapon at a time.

And finally, I figured out why the 1 shot kills code would sometimes work for me, and sometimes it wouldn't. It only works on enemies on the right side of the player, not the left side So to fully cover it, I guess another code would be needed? I'll try and finish this playthrough, but I think it works on all enemies except the T-1000.

Edit: Swat also drops M16 frequenty.
    Last edited by GelmiR; 03-07-2020 at 05:06 AM.

Wow, I'm glad you figured out the explanation for the 1 hit kill code. I've never run into that in any other games. I'll make a code that works on the left side.

I was hoping there was a way to have more than one secondary weapon so I could possibly make a code to have all weapons. Thanks for checking.

Is there any need to make a 1 hit kill code for the T-1000? If so, what's the easiest way to get to him?

Me too I wasn't really looking for the explanation, I just noticed it near the end of level 1 by accident. It did make me think of the Pirates of Dark Water codes to clip through doors, that needed codes for left and right as well. But yeah, "I've never run into that in any other games" seems pretty common for this game

Don't worry about having more secondary weapons, changing is already possible thanks to activating/deactivating the weapon codes you made.

As for the T-1000, no, not really. After you take him down, he pops up again seconds later anyway. But the easiest way to get to him is in level 2.
    In level 1, grab the future objects (1 outside, 1 inside), pistol and shotgun, and press up at the 2nd phone booth to get John's address.
    After the drive to level 2 (John's house), don't shoot the alarm. Enter the house, you should hear the alarm. You can shoot it now if the sounds annoys you. The T-1000 and the police should arrive soon. As well as bikers outside the house :P

My PC died last night, so will be a bit of a delay before I can get to the other half of the 1 hit kill code. Thanks again for all the help.

You're welcome, and don't worry about it. Sorry to hear about your computer!

Got a new computer, so should be back in business in a couple days.

Good to hear!

Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Genesis/MD)

AJ6A-CA40
    1 shot kills enemies (left side only). Does not work on the T-1000.

Tested on the first 3 levels, works as described I don't have any reason to believe it will stop working in the rest of the levels. Thanks for completing this code!

Fun fact for your set of 4 codes for invincibility, or rather something I'd never thought of trying before. I usually leave John and Sarah somewhere where they can't get hurt, until I need them. They get hurt easily, and I figured invincibility for them would take another 4 codes, the way this game is programmed.

In normal gameplay when one of them goes down, they start blinking for a limited amount of time. During this time, you can kneel at their side, and in doing so, replenish some of their health by giving some of yours. Your codes do wonders for healing John and Sarah back to full health as well. It doesn't drain the player health at all and eliminates any need for seperate codes for John and Sarah

GelmiR, that's good to know about the inv codes. I remember recently reading that you can give some of your health to other players.

I just bought a new gaming PC and before I even played a single PC game, I installed all of my code making stuff and started making codes. Easy to tell where my priorities are. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
    I just bought a new gaming PC and before I even played a single PC game, I installed all of my code making stuff and started making codes. Easy to tell where my priorities are. :-)
    It should be at trying some new games

Thread Information