Quantcast

Page 149 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151 LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 2262

Thread: Official New Game Genie Code Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GelmiR View Post
    Thanks for trying and for the info Tony! But if this would require a bunch of codes, I wouldn't put more time into it
    Would require a lot of codes, so I've stopped working on it.

===========

New codes...

On Dal Jang Goon (Korea) (AKA Mystic Defender) Genesis/MD Game Genie

REBA-A6W6 +
    9TBA-BCC8 +
    EABA-AADA
    Regional bypass, lets you play the Korean version on any console (tested on real hardware with a US Genesis console).

Quote Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
    Would require a lot of codes, so I've stopped working on it.
    No worries Tony Thanks for looking into it!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

Does anyone know if Robocop Verus Terminator PAL version has a code to run in 60hz with the correct music speed? RYGB-T6WA bypasses the region lockout but the music plays too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by serbusfish View Post
    Does anyone know if Robocop Verus Terminator PAL version has a code to run in 60hz with the correct music speed? RYGB-T6WA bypasses the region lockout but the music plays too fast.
    I have a regional bypass tool that should work on this game, and will let you try the 3 different regions to see if you can get the music at the right speed.

You can get it from my site: https://codehut.gshi.org/Download.htm#RegionTool

Or from RHDN (with a full description): https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1687/

EDIT: The program works on the USA version of that game, but I don't think I ever tested it on the European/PAL version. Should work though.

EDIT2: To clarify, the program should be able to bypass the region lockout, but I don't know if it can get the music playing at the correct speed. You'll need to test the 3 different regions to find out for sure.
    Last edited by Tony H; 06-30-2022 at 09:55 AM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Virtua Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
    I have a regional bypass tool that should work on this game, and will let you try the 3 different regions to see if you can get the music at the right speed.

You can get it from my site: https://codehut.gshi.org/Download.htm#RegionTool

Or from RHDN (with a full description): https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1687/

EDIT: The program works on the USA version of that game, but I don't think I ever tested it on the European/PAL version. Should work though.

This tools can be used (or adapted) also to patch japanese games (like Rent A Hero or Yu Yu Hakusho for example) so they will play with correct music speed on a 50Hz Pal console?

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua Hunter View Post
    This tools can be used (or adapted) also to patch japanese games (like Rent A Hero or Yu Yu Hakusho for example) so they will play with correct music speed on a 50Hz Pal console?
    The program will work on Japanese, USA, and European ROMs, but I've never tested the program on that game, so don't know if it will work or not. The program won't work on every game since there are so many different ways of handling regions, but it seems to have pretty good compatibility.

Hey Tony,

I'm interested in doing some digging into The Pirates Of Dark Water. Did you ever finish playing the game? In any case, before I type up a (probably) looong paragraph I thought I'd check if you'd be interested.

The map screen shows a location that might have been a planned/cut level at some point. For now the only thing I'd be interested in is; would it be hard to check if the location has a selection slot like all the others (while you progress through the game) do? I doubt there's anything left (if there ever was), but it'd also give a name to that location. It may also have just been the starting location.
    Attached Images Attached Images

GelmiR, I've never finished the game. Your instinct on this type of stuff is usually pretty good, so I'd be happy to take a look.

Cool! Is there anything you need from me? I'm using the May 1994 rom. There's also a January 1994 rom, I'm curious if there's any easy way to determine if there's any differences between the two. I initially thought it was a minor revision, but it seems January is the US release and May the European one.

As for the map screen, at first I was interested in a level select that allows the player to pick any level at any time. But I don't see how the game would be able to determine which levels the player has already completed. Also, some of the location images change just prior to or after finishing its level. I suspect it'd require a ton of codes. And seeing as there's already a level select, doesn't sound like it's worth it.

The player has to gather a Magical Compass and the 6 Treasures of Rule. The map selection icon is the head of Ren, one of the main characters. It will always start on Pandawa Jungle, which is sort of a training level. After that:
    - you can pick either The Citadel (Magical Compass) or The Port Of Pandawa (Treasure #1), which are levels 2 and 3. Both need to be completed.
    - level 4 is Bobo Mountain (Treasure #2).
    - level 5 is Janda Town (Treasure #3).
    - another pick for levels 6 and 7 between Andorus (Treasure #4) and The Sunken Bridge (Treasure #5).
    - level 8 is The Maelstrom (Treasure #6).
    - level 9 is The Dark Dweller's Lair (Treasures are used here).

Level names are displayed in the banner on the bottom. The game feels complete to me when looking at boss/treasure placement as well as dialogue. Though I'm very curious of the unused/unmarked location. I wonder if it was either a planned/cut level or if it might be Octopon and thus, the starting location. If for example level 1 the Pandawa Jungle is cleared, the selection icon will still be on that location until the player makes a choice for the next level. If it was the starting point at some time, the location might have been used for only that. I wonder if it'd show us a name, though. Maybe they thought it was too confusing.

One thing I noticed in the level select that looked off to me, is that the Mantus boss (he appears in Andorus) is placed in Janda Town, giving it 2 bosses. They probably just messed up the order somehow, though. Let me know if you need anything else from me As always, thanks in advance!

GelmiR, do you have a Gens or Kega save state where all of the areas are accessible on the map? I'm assuming that each level becomes available on the map when you finish it? Thanks.

EDIT: Or does the level select do that?
    EDIT2: I see that the level select doesn't give all access on the map.

No, not all levels become available after finishing them. After level 1, levels 2 and 3 become available. After that, only level 4 is available, etc. The level select doesn't give access to the map, right. It's also kind of confusing unless you are familiar with the game, I think. If you need it, I can 'translate' the level select names to the full level names.

One thing at a time, of course, but another thing I was wondering. In the level The Sunken Bridge you can obtain Ren's missing sword piece - something not covered in the cancelled animated series. There's also a password to start with the full sword from level 1, I think it was DSILLER. This doesn't neccessarily mean that the sword piece item is hidden somewhere away in level 1, right? The player starts the level with the item already obtained, the cutscene showing the mended sword plays the second the level starts.

Do you have a save state where any of the areas are accessible on the map?

IITBDIA is the first password you get. If you enter that from the options > password screen, you will go to the map. From there, you will see that Pandawa Jungle is still selected. From here you can first pick either The Citadel or The Port Of Pandawa. Hope this helps If you still need a save or whatever password, I'll be happy to provide.

Quote Originally Posted by GelmiR View Post
    IITBDIA is the first password you get. If you enter that from the options > password screen, you will go to the map. From there, you will see that Pandawa Jungle is still selected. From here you can first pick either The Citadel or The Port Of Pandawa. Hope this helps If you still need a save or whatever password, I'll be happy to provide.
    That password should work, thanks.

You're welcome

Thread Information