Quantcast

Page 30 of 151 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Official New Game Genie Code Thread

KnightWarrior, I'm not going to make that "crazy air moves" code. Too much time involved to figure it out on the SNES, and then convert it over to the Genesis.

goldenband, this is very strange. I just tried the codes again and they worked perfectly, even in expert mode. I assume you're using the "Duel" mode?

I checked my ROM source, and there is only one ROM for Shaq-fu.

You mentioned that your cart doesn't need a master code? Very odd. Maybe you have a pirated cart or a different version that has not been dumped yet. Here is a link to the "official" Galoob master code, as well as all of the official GG codes: http://gamehacking.org/?s=v2&sys=16&gid=2929 Do any of those codes work on your cart?

Raging in the Streets KnightWarrior's Avatar

Aww

that's fine...

How about the cheat menu code for Mick & Mack as the Global Gladiators (Genesis)??

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
    goldenband, this is very strange. I just tried the codes again and they worked perfectly, even in expert mode. I assume you're using the "Duel" mode?
    I was, but I forgot to use something even more important: the "on" switch. I totally forgot that the Game Genie had one, since I almost exclusively use it as a passthrough for Japanese games!

My apologies for that -- the codes seem to work perfectly, and the cart does indeed fail to boot without your master code, and boots more quickly with it. (Why it took longer to boot with a code when it was switched off, I have no idea!) Thanks again for the codes, and also for the link which will also be helpful (esp. the unlimited continues code).

Could someone please make a code for Smurfs to either stop the tree from rotating, or to prevent the player from falling of the tree when it does?
    This is about Act 14: The Cliff. It can be seen in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn6_fPROSoU at 3:35. I can provide a savegame
    if needed. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by GelmiR View Post
    Could someone please make a code for Smurfs to either stop the tree from rotating, or to prevent the player from falling of the tree when it does?
    This is about Act 14: The Cliff. It can be seen in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn6_fPROSoU at 3:35. I can provide a savegame
    if needed. Thanks in advance!

If you can give me a save state, I'll see what I can do. It has to be Gens (I'm using ver 2.11).

Thanks in advance Grab it here: http://www.datafilehost.com/download-8479855c.html

Proud 16-bit War Veteran ESWAT Veteran David J.'s Avatar

Is there a game genie code for Virtua Racing Deluxe 32X Japanese edition for it to work on US consoles? I want to patch the rom but if I had a code it would be awesome.
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

nes x-men nes x-men nes x-men

Quote Originally Posted by David J. View Post
    Is there a game genie code for Virtua Racing Deluxe 32X Japanese edition for it to work on US consoles? I want to patch the rom but if I had a code it would be awesome.
    Here's how to patch the ROM: Open up your Virtua Racing Deluxe 32x ROM with a hex editor, go to ROM address $000E72, and change the 6608 to 4E71. Save and you're all set. Let me know if you have any problems.

Here's a Game Genie code if you want that instead: REHA-A6XW

I tried it and it doesn't work with real hardware... Works fine on emulators tho.
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

Quote Originally Posted by David J. View Post
    I tried it and it doesn't work with real hardware... Works fine on emulators tho.
    How are you patching the ROM? What type of setup do you have?

I tried hex editing, and using the Classic Cheat Code Game Patcher program. It does work on emulators... In fact I have fusion open right now playing the patched rom set to US so I don't know. :/

I'm using a Everdrive with a model 2 Genesis, Model 2 Sega CD and 32X.
    Last edited by David J.; 09-08-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Sorry to double post but I did try hex editing and the game genie patcher, same results on real hardware. If I use and emulator it works fine. Now, the the orignal, unhacked version does give me the country error message if I try it with my setup (everdrive, model 2 genesis, model 2 cd and 32X) but oh well, I'll keep waiting or wish I knew about 32X game hacking. Haha.

The problem is that the code I made works on my emulator also, which means there's no way for me to figure out why it's not working on your hardware.

There is one last thing you can try. If this doesn't work, then there's nothing else I can do.

We're going to change the country code in the ROM header to U. My guess is that the ROM doesn't use that info to determine which country it is, but maybe it does. Won't hurt to try. This method did actually work on real hardware before (I think it was Darxide 32x?) .

Open up your V.R. Deluxe 32x (J) ROM with a hex editor, go to ROM address $0001F0. The value there should be 31. Change the 31 to 55. Save and exit. Let me know if it works.

Yeah, that doesn't work but I have you some rep anyway. Thanks for the effort.

EDIT: I used FixCheckSum and BAM, now it works. I forgot about the checksum... I haven't had to patch a game in a while but now it works. WOOHOO!
    Last edited by David J.; 09-18-2012 at 10:08 PM.

Hero of Algol

Tony H, please, I would like to ask you for a Game Genie Code to enable the violent mode in Robocop VS Terminator for the Genesis.
    The controller cheat already exists:
    "Codes
    Enter the following code at the Pause Screen
    Violent Mode C - B - A - B - B - A - B - B - C - B - B - C - C - B - B - C - B - C - A - C - C - A - A - A - B - B - B - A - C - A"

But it is a pain and I would like to be able to patch the rom using the Game Genie code. There's a lot of GG codes for this game in GSHI but not one for the violent mode.
    I'd be really glad if you could do this for me.

Thanks a lot for your attention.

Thread Information