Quantcast

Page 32 of 151 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Official New Game Genie Code Thread

Creator of the Mega Amp Raging in the Streets Ace's Avatar

Tony, I need a new region bypass code for the European version of MegaMan: The Wily Wars. I'm having a very hard time integrating the existing region bypass codes into the ROM itself as every time I do, I get a blank screen. I want the game to be fully region-free, and while I can do this on an SRAM-patched ROM, a standard EEPROM saving ROM results in a blank screen every single time. Mainly, what I'd need would be some way to bypass the checksum check as if I were to just change the region code in a hex editor from E to something else, I get a red screen. I'm pretty sure this means the checksum is bad, but I have no clue how to fix it. Can you help me out?
    HATES ATGAMES WITH A PASSION

Mega Amp: An all-new audio circuit for your Sega Genesis/MegaDrive and clones.

Note: If you want to contact me on Skype, identify yourself or your contact request will be rejected.

You are correct... If you're getting a blank red screen, chances are it's because of a bad checksum. Here's a GG code to fix that: AJBT-AA5J

That code is for: Megaman - The Wily Wars (E).bin

EDIT: In case you didn't see the new Game Genie codes in this thread for MM Wily Wars: http://codehut.gshi.org/MegamanWilyGG.txt
    Last edited by Tony H; 12-18-2012 at 08:32 PM.

Here's the problem: if I try to integrate that code into the ROM itself, all I get is a black screen (at least in Fusion). I did manage through A LOT of trial and error to get past this, but at the same time, the saving is broken! This is why I'm requesting a new code that can bypass the checksum check and not break EEPROM saving.

I MUST HAVE A WORKING REGION-FREE WILY WARS CART BY THE WEEKEND!!! I'm gonna be giving this cart away along with a VA2 Genesis Model 2 and I need the game to be region-free as well as retain EEPROM saving.

Note: If you want to contact me on Skype, identify yourself or your contact request will be rejected.

Here's the problem... When I use these 2 codes with Fusion (with region set to USA), the game loads perfectly:

Megaman the Wily Wars...

B32A-CA50
    Lets you play the European cartridge on a US Genesis console.

AJBT-AA5J
    Master code (use if you get a blank/red screen).

----------------

Here is a different region code you can try: EAAT-BL1T. Try using it in place of the B32A-CA50 code from above.

How are you patching the codes into your ROM? Here is what you should be changing in your ROM:

For the first code from above (B32A-CA50), you should be at ROM address $017076. The value there should be 670E. Change the 670E to 600E.

For the second code from above (AJBT-AA5J), you should be at ROM address $000368. The value there should be B059. Change the B059 to 6002.

You mentioned that you got a black screen, but with a LOT of trial and error, you were able to get past it. If you hack those codes correctly into your ROM, you shouldn't have to use any trial and error. It should work correctly every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
    For the first code from above (B32A-CA50), you should be at ROM address $017076. The value there should be 670E. Change the 670E to 600E.

For the second code from above (AJBT-AA5J), you should be at ROM address $000368. The value there should be B059. Change the B059 to 6002.
    I do exactly this, but I get a black screen in Fusion with every region code! WTF?! The alternate fix is the same. Which version of Fusion do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
    You mentioned that you got a black screen, but with a LOT of trial and error, you were able to get past it. If you hack those codes correctly into your ROM, you shouldn't have to use any trial and error. It should work correctly every single time.
    I did, but this broke saving, making the bypass I found completely useless.

And I'm modifying the ROM by manually hex editing the values that need to be changed.

I have Fusion ver 3.64.

Have you tried the "Mega Man - The Wily Wars (U) SRAM patch.bin" ROM? I just looked at it and as far as I can tell, both the region and checksum check have been removed.

I don't want to use the SRAM patch, I want the game to be region-free and retain EEPROM saving. Remember: I'm gonna be giving away this cartridge along with a Genesis Model 2, and I don't want to give away a cartridge with battery-backed SRAM.

And that's the same version of Fusion I use. I have no idea what the hell is the problem on my end.

You may also want to read this: http://www.interordi.com/mboard/topi...id_topic=13414

This may be your EEPROM saving problem they're talking about.

That just patches EEPROM saving so the game can use battery-backed SRAM. I've used the patch for my first prototype region-free Wily Wars cart, but for the cart I want to give away, I am not applying the patch. Here's the deal, too: Fusion creates an SRM file with the ROM I used trial and error to get working, but when the SRM file is read, none of the saved data is actually loaded.

I even had issues on a real cartridge as I was using a pre-made tool to remove the region check entirely, but in the process, it applied the SRAM patch! Is there no way to make MegaMan: The Wily Wars region-free and still save to serial EEPROM?

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    Is there no way to make MegaMan: The Wily Wars region-free and still save to serial EEPROM?
    If you hacked both of the codes I posted earlier into a clean, unaltered MM Wily Wars ROM, and it still won't save, then there's nothing else I can do to help. :-(

Well, shit. I guess I'm stuck with the SRAM patch.

What I do wonder is if there are any Genesis ROM boards that use wide SRAM chips rather than the typical skinny ones. I'm hoping to replace the SRAM by either FeRAM or a 28C64 EEPROM. This may negate the need for making a region-free Wily Wars with serial EEPROM saving.

More new codes...

Starflight (REV00) Genesis

ATBT-AA2A
    Master Code (must be entered)

AGZT-AAE2
    Start a new game with $115,536 (instead of $50,000).

BLZT-AAE2
    Start a new game with $705,360 (instead of $50,000).

D4ZT-AAE2
    Start a new game with $2,016,080 (instead of $50,000).

BKWT-CA4R
    All items are free (shields, armor, weapons, training, etc). Works even if
    you don't have enough money. Doesn't work in the Trade Depot.

AB8A-CAH8
    Class 2 or 3 armor adds zero mass to your ship.

AB8T-CAAA
    Class 4 or 5 armor adds zero mass to your ship.

RZ8T-C6WN
    Your ship starts a new game with zero mass, and no mass is added from weapons,
    shields, armor, cargo pods, etc.
    Last edited by Tony H; 12-20-2012 at 10:23 PM.

Starflight (REV00) Genesis

DPPA-CAA4
    Your ship can carry up to 26 cargo pods (instead of 16).

AK8T-CA50
    Acceleration doesn't decrease when adding mass.

CWMA-RAGY
    Class 1 engines (the engine you start with) has 20 acceleration instead of 4.

What? Shir is gone? Raging in the Streets StarMist's Avatar

Hi Tony H, would you be interested in creating any codes for Fire Shark? It's quite popular here so any contribution would be well received. Particularly you might try enabling the "berserk" modes from the outset. (In quotes because I've no idea what to properly call it). This is the result of ranking that occurs naturally within the game according to how far the player progresses on 1 continue. Since the game can theoretically be looped 10 times (100 levels) the maximum degree of berserk mode is all but unreachable w/o cheating; a very high degree of ranking can also be accessed through hotswapping but it's a crapshoot and most people would be scared to try it--apart from the difficulty of emulating hotswaps.
    Apart from that I'm sure many players would love a code to retain speed-ups after death.

What exactly does the berserk mode do? Extra powers, stronger weapons, harder difficulty?

EDIT: Also, does the "berserk" increase after every level, or only when you complete all 10 levels?
    Last edited by Tony H; 12-21-2012 at 11:52 PM.

Thread Information