Quantcast

Page 33 of 151 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Official New Game Genie Code Thread

Still haven't figured out what the berserk mode does, but was able to make some other codes. If you can give me more info on what it does, that will be a big help.

Here's the new codes...

Fire Shark (U) Genesis

ABXA-AA7Y
    1 hit kills weaker enemies.

RFZA-A6YW
    1 hit kills stronger enemies.

BEHT-AAHC
    Start with 9 lives. NOTE: The offocial Galoob Game Genie code for starting
    lives is 2 codes long (mine only takes 1 code).

C3MT-AAE2
    Start with max speed. Does not work after you lose a life.

C3MT-AAC2
    Have max speed after you lose a life.

DVMT-AAE2
    Start with super max speed (faster than what the game normally allows). Does
    not work after you lose a life.

DVMT-AAC2
    Have super max speed after you lose a life (faster than what the game normally
    allows).

E3MT-AAE2
    Start with ultra max speed (much faster than what the game normally allows).
    Does not work after you lose a life.

E3MT-AAC2
    Have ultra max speed after you lose a life (much faster than what the game
    normally allows).

APMT-AAEA
    Start with max power. Doesn't work after you lose a life.

APMT-AACA
    Have max power after you lose a life.

===================

The "Speed" codes can be easily modified to make you move as fast or as slow as you want (I included 3 different speeds).

EDIT: If you combine 2 of the "Speed" codes (the "start with" and the "have after you lose a life"), you will always have that speed. If you only use the "have after you lose a life" speed code, you will always have that speed after you lose your first life.

EDIT #2: In case anyone wants to modify the speed codes, the regular starting value for speed is 0D, and it goes up in increments of 03 every time you get a pick-up until it gets to 16 (max). Of course you can go much higher than 16 if you want. I made the "Super max" code with a value of 1C, and the "Ultra max" code with a value of 26.
    Last edited by Tony H; 12-21-2012 at 10:40 PM.

somebody needs to consolidate all these codes onto one document.

More Starflight codes.

Starflight REV00 (SEP 1991) Genesis

ACKT-ACJ4
    Your TV (Terrain Vehicle) starts with twice as much fuel (200 instead of 100).

AJYA-AA7R
    Your TV (Terrain Vehicle) will have infinite fuel.

TCRA-AAF6
    Your TV (Terrain Vehicle) can travel twice as fast on flat/open terrain.

2CRA-AAF6
    Your TV (terrain Vehicle) can travel 3x as fast on flat/open terrain.

KCRT-AAC4
    Your TV (Terrain Vehicle) can travel 3x as fast on dark green terrain.

SCRT-AAC4
    Your TV (Terrain Vehicle) can travel 5x as fast on dark green terrain.

JCRA-AAGL
    Your TV (Terrain Vehicle) can travel 8x as fast on mountain terrain.

TCRA-AAGL
    Your TV (Terrain Vehicle) can travel 16x as fast on mountain terrain.

JCRT-AAAJ
    Your TV (Terrain Vehicle) can travel twice as fast on water. You still need
    the pontoons.

TCRT-AAAJ
    Your TV (Terrain Vehicle) can travel 4x as fast on water. You still need the
    pontoons.

EDIT: Note that all of the multiplication factors above for speed are referring to a TV without the turbo charger installed. The codes will work with the turbo installed, but the multiplication factor won't be quite as high. The turbo adds 50% to your normal top speed.
    Last edited by Tony H; 12-23-2012 at 12:18 PM.

What? Shir is gone? Raging in the Streets StarMist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
    What exactly does the berserk mode do? Extra powers, stronger weapons, harder difficulty?

EDIT: Also, does the "berserk" increase after every level, or only when you complete all 10 levels?
    Sorry, I had a thread subscription but still missed your updates.

It's just harder difficulty in the form of faster enemy planes and faster bullets from them. Eg 3 bullets shot from a single plane that would normally come out one after the other will come out so close they almost look attached to each other.
    Fire Shark does rank normally throughout the game. This probably occurs with every bomb and badge picked up (because both factor into points) but it's pretty tricky to break down where it occurs. Simply put, it would be hard to appraise the increase at shorter intervals than a whole level. It does seem to get a boost from completing the game however. You could also look for clues under the normal difficulty settings because they increase enemy plane and bullet speed as well. But if you're looking for indices within gameplay I'd suggest trying bomb count (especially after 5 bombs) and badge count.
    -- the badges in this case are thunderbolts.
    Another idea would be that rank is simply attached to score.
    Bear in mind losing a life normally depletes rank. However with the hotswap berserk mode I achieved it was a default difficulty which dying over and over didn't change.

Anyway thanks for the codes so far, those should be of great general interest.

Star Mist, I may have found it. With the code below, the game is even more difficult than with the "Hard" difficulty setting. Some of the things I noticed right away: The blimps fire 4 shots at you (normally none), MANY more enemy shots on the screen at any given time, the first planes you encounter shoot at you (normally they don't), etc. This was all within the first 30 seconds of level 1.

RFGA-A610
    Enable "Berserk" mode.

Let me know if that's what you're looking for.

After a little more research, I was able to make a code to adjust the "Berserk" difficulty. So far, I've got every enemy on the screen constantly shooting a solid stream of 8 to 10 shots at a time. Like you mentioned, the shots are so close together, they look connected. I think Berserk mode is a fitting name. :-)

RFGA-A610 +
    GBGA-AAH4
    Super Berserk mode. Makes the game much harder.

RFGA-A610 +
    JBGA-AAH4
    Ultra Berserk mode. Makes the game ultra hard.

As you can see, it takes 2 codes. The first code enables Berserk mode. The second code adjusts the difficulty. You can easily modify the second code to further adjust the difficulty if you want. The "Enable Berserk mode" code by itself uses a difficulty value of 18 (hex). The "Super Berserk mode" code uses a difficulty value of 30 (hex). The "Ultra Berserk mode" code uses a difficulty value of 40 (hex).

Starflight (REV00)

DLBT-AA8A
    You can embark from anywhere on the planet. When traveling on a planet surface in your terrain vehicle, just select "Embark" and you'll get back on the ship no matter how far away you are. Works even if you're lost.

ALMA-AA2G
    Your terrain vehicle can carry an infinite amount of cargo. You are still limited by how much cargo your ship can hold though.

WCZT-ACFA
    Start a new game with twice as much endurium (fuel).

EDIT:

JCRT-AAFE
    Your TV (Terrain Vehicle) can travel 4x as fast on ice planets.

TCRT-AAFE
    Your TV (Terrain Vehicle) can travel 8x as fast on ice planets.
    Last edited by Tony H; 12-23-2012 at 08:46 PM.

Starflight

ALMT-AA5Y
    Your terrain vehicle has protection from most "damage".

RYYA-A6Z8
    Your ship has almost infinite fuel.

Unless I can think of anymore useful codes, these may be the last codes for this game for now.

Starflight

AJ5A-AA3L
    Your ship's armor won't take damage during most enemy attacks. Also protects you from hard landings.

ACMT-AAER
    Your terrain vehicle "armor" has protection from most damage.
    Last edited by Tony H; 12-23-2012 at 09:37 PM.

Forgot about these. Should be useful...

Starflight

CTPA-CAFA
    Makes the Pulse Cannon 10x stronger.

FAPA-CAFA
    Makes the Pulse cannon 20x stronger.

HTPA-CAFA
    Makes the pulse cannon 30x stronger.

AAPT-CA3E
    Kill most enemies with one hit. Should work with any weapon. Only applies to your ship (does not work on the terrain vehicle).

EDIT:

ALZA-AA20
    Firing your ship's weapons doesn't use any fuel.
    Last edited by Tony H; 12-23-2012 at 10:35 PM.

C3MT-AAE2
    Start with max speed. Does not work after you lose a life.

+

C3MT-AAC2
    Have max speed after you lose a life.

+

RFGA-A610 +
    JBGA-AAH4
    Ultra Berserk mode. Makes the game ultra hard.

= Bullet Hell Fire Shark.

That Ultra Berserk Mode is what I'd got through hot swap.
    So I can confirm the above work on GensPlusGX.
    The first degree of Berserk Mode is only where your difficuly should be after 1 loop on Normal.

Thanks again Tony H.

StarMist, glad to hear the codes worked. Just wanted to let you know what I found in the game's programming...

As far as I can tell, every time the game "loops" and you start back at the beginning, the game checks to see if your level of difficulty is 18 or over. If it's below 18, it doesn't change anything (or possibly adds some to it, I don't remember). If it's higher than 18, it will lower your level of difficulty back down to 18. In other words, it looks like you can't start a new loop with a difficulty higher than 18 (unless you hot swap? or use Game Genie codes). But I only checked the programming from the start of a new game, so it may be different if you have already done 1 loop.

One more thing... To intentionally play that game in ultra berserk mode tells me two things. 1) You're really good at the game. 2) You're insane. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
    One more thing... To intentionally play that game in ultra berserk mode tells me two things. 1) You're really good at the game. 2) You're insane. :-)
    Yeah...it's about 10/90 %. And without your speed codes this would be no fun; I barely made it to the first cannon embankment. One last thing though is how impressive it is to see the MD push all those sprites and bullets around so fast.

Here are some ideas for Phantasy Star II.
    As I abhor the idea of somebody's cheating through the game his first play I've geared these suggestions towards spicing up replay value.
    I apologize that some of these may be asking too much, they're simply what occurred to me. More generic, gamebreaking codes can be found at PScave.com. On the whole however this game is underrepresented for codes, especially considering how hard most players deem it.

(1) -- Begin with all members: normally you begin with only Nei as a partner and the rest of the party show up after certain events. It would be cool to use some of the later characters earlier than normally possible. [ PSII hasn't a 2nd quest mode ].
    (2) -- Rolf can leave the group: it would be fun to have a group w/o Rolf seeing as there are 8 characters in the game and it always feels as if I have to sacrifice a bit of variety keeping Rolf as the leader.
    (2a) -- If this can only be enabled one character at a time put it on Nei or Shir. Nei for obvious reasons and Shir because she's nearest Rolf in teks.
    (3) -- No teleporting on Mota. This would be wicked. It's necessary to have visited a city in order to teleport there so you should only have to keep this register blank.
    (4) -- Begin the game able to teleport anywhere on Mota.
    (5) -- Begin with a moon dew. Seasoned players will know why; it would spare a lot of grinding. It's an item, not a weapon.
    (6) -- Wild criticals. Criticals don't come up often; it would be exciting to raise their frequency three or fourfold. For enemies as well as the party.
    (7) -- Reduce encounter rate. Or raise the minimum interval to 5 steps.
    (8) -- Is is possible to dip into enemy abilities? Ie there's a palette swapped enemy that's much weaker than its earlier incarnation and I'm wondering whether this wouldn't be a simple matter of unlocking a shared value. Is this stuff beyond the Genie or your inclination?

If any of this is asking too much of your time or interest please just post the character//effect values you've discovered to that point and I'll crash my computer trying to figure out how to use a hex editor.

StarMist, about half of those can probably be done without much trouble. The other half of them will require some digging, so may or may not get done.

One question for now... #8: I can find and change enemies abilities. Do you have a name(s) of the enemy? And I assume you just want his HP changed?

Keep in mind that I've never played PSII before, so I may be asking some questions as I go along.

Also, check the GG codes I've made for PSIII and PSIV. If you see any codes there that you want for PSII, let me know. And remember that lots of those codes can be adjusted (ie, magic, weapons, etc can be made stronger OR weaker). Here's a link: http://codehut.gshi.org/Sega.htm

EDIT: Just noticed that there are 2 versions of the game. Is there one in particular that you want codes for? If not, is one version more popular than the other, or should I just pick one and go with it?

EDIT 2: I also just noticed that there is only one version of Game Genie codes in the official Game Genie code book. Maybe there's no difference? Will investigate.
    Last edited by Tony H; 12-24-2012 at 02:40 PM.

I saw those codes at your site, I wasn't going to suggest a game w/o checking whether you'd already done it.
    Your not having played the game shades into why I'm being slightly ambiguous in my wording about these things as I don't want to ruin the game for anyone who's not played it or missed something his first playthrough.
    The thing about your offer is I don't want any teks, weapons, etc stronger, nor (being presumptuous here) will most players replaying the game; besides a lowered encounter rate would trump most of those concerns. Nonetheless somebody probably would enjoy that sort of code so if you feel like making them do so by all means. Just check pscave because they already have some (of the 10 digit variety) up including a master code. I've not verified any myself.

@ # 8 = Give Blastoids an enhanced version of the Blasters' group attack. These enemies are a palette swap. Replacing the animation is likely impossible but given the Blastoids' nature the attack would be understood. The Blasters' attack will be unmistakable through number values or animation alone. Once opened up for the Blastoids the attack's damage would need to be increased (say 150% to 180%; PSII has the same small variables for dmg range the rest of the series does).
    http://pscave.com/ps2/enemies/pulser.shtml

-- Similarly it might be interesting to give Shir Rolf's Megid tek, provided it's possible to remove Rolf from the group. Most players find her pretty useless.

EDIT - I just glanced your first edit. Not a clue which version mine is, it just says Phantasy Star II.bin. So go for whichever (U) seems more common.
    Last edited by StarMist; 12-24-2012 at 03:02 PM. Reason: edit

Thread Information