Quantcast

Page 39 of 150 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Official New Game Genie Code Thread

Shining Force (Genesis)

931T-CACN
    All shops have up to 155 items for sale. This includes weapons, rings, items,
    etc. There are lots of things included that you can't normally get in shops.
    Important: Don't try to buy the blank item that costs $1542 (game may freeze).

AKYT-CA8G
    If you don't have enough money to buy something, the shop owner will still give
    it to you.

DV1T-CJE6
    Can buy the Kinden No Hako in the Item Shop in Guardiana, as well as several
    weapons. You can modify this code to get anything you want. NOTE: The Kinden
    No Hako will cause everyone in your party to go up several levels when USED in
    battle.

V7GT-F3GJ
    The king gives you $25,600 at the beginning of the game (instead of $100). Use
    this code if you are using Gens emulator (doesn't work on Kega Fusion).

VZGT-F3GJ
    The King gives you $25,600 at the beginning of the game (instead of $100). Use
    this code if you are using Kega Fusion emulator (doesn't work on Gens).

Shining Force (Genesis)

B0DA-DA60
    Domingo joins your party at the beginning of the game instead of Lowe. This code
    can be easily modified to have any character join your party in place of Lowe.

DLDA-DA60
    Zylo joins your party at the beginning of the game instead of Lowe. This code
    can be easily modified to have any character join your party in place of Lowe.

Shining Force (Genesis)

BRCT-DA9W
    Alef joins your party at the beginning of the game instead of Luke.

NOTE: With most of these "starting character" codes, you'll see the regular
    characters join your party, but when you check your line-up, you'll see the new
    characters. Also, the codes can be easily modified to start with any character.

DCCT-DA9W
    Bleu joins your party at the beginning of the game instead of Luke.

CCDA-DA2W
    Torasu joins your party at the beginning of the game instead of Ken.

BGDA-DA2W
    Guntz joins your party at the beginning of the game instead of Ken.

CWDA-DA3W
    Lyle joins your party at the beginning of the game instead of Tao.

DRDA-DA3W
    Musashi joins your party at the beginning of the game instead of Tao.

DGDA-DA4W
    Adam joins your party at the beginning of the game instead of Hans.

DWDA-DA4W
    Hanzou joins your party at the beginning of the game instead of Hans.

An update on the Shining Force "Starting character" codes above...

If you change the first 2 digits of the Game Genie codes to "AC", no one will join your party in that spot. I tried changing all 5 codes so that no characters joined my party, and Max was able to get the $100 from the king, leave Guardiana and enter the first battle by himself. Makes the game a little more challenging. :-)
    Last edited by Tony H; 02-04-2013 at 08:54 AM.

I'm curious how those old code books were made, seeing as they're quite extensive. I can just imagine these sweatshops crammed full of below minimum wage workers punching in codes at random, then being forced to play through the entire game and document any changes.

Quote Originally Posted by GeckoYamori View Post
    I'm curious how those old code books were made, seeing as they're quite extensive. I can just imagine these sweatshops crammed full of below minimum wage workers punching in codes at random, then being forced to play through the entire game and document any changes.
    I agree with that scenario, except instead of minimum wage workers being forced to play through the games, I see a line of people stretching around the block waiting to volunteer. :-)

Toe Jam & Earl: Panic on Funkotron

A2GA-GAGE
    High jump.

AJGA-GAGE
    Super high jump.

AVXT-AA5A
    Walk across any opening without falling ("Walk on air"). Also works up on
    platforms. Press Jump to drop down.

Shining Force 2 (Genesis)

ABKA-AA8L
    Can move anywhere on the screen during battle. You can even walk thru walls and
    attack enemies while standing inside of a wall.

RGHT-A6XY +
    RGGT-A6YA
    Can equip ANY weapon on ANY character.

BAAT-EA3W
    Can buy anything in the shops, even if you don't have any money. Note that the
    cost of the item will still be subtracted from your total if you have enough, but
    even if you don't have any money, you can still buy it.

JTEA-F852
    Can buy the Counter Sword, as well as most of the weapons in the game from the
    Weapon Shop in Granseal (where you start the game). You can easily modify this
    code to get any weapon or item you want (just change the first 2 digits of the
    code). Examples: NTEA-F852 = Mystery Staff, GYEA-F852 = Hyper Cannon. Only use
    one code at a time for the Weapon Shop. Note that almost every weapon in the game
    is available no matter which one of the codes you use.

AAET-F828
    You can buy nearly every item in the game from the Item Shop in Granseal (where
    you start the game). This includes all the rings and gloves, Fairy Tear, Healing
    Rain and Water, etc. You can easily modify this code to get any thing else you
    want (just change the first 2 digits of the code).

Shining Force 2

CBEA-EA8Y
    Can cast magic spells, even if you don't have enough MP.

2GMT-B8R8 +
    30MT-AA9A +
    CBEA-EA8Y
    All characters that join your party (including Bowie) will have learned and can
    use AURA 4, ATLAS 2, and BOLT 4 spells, as well as any spell they normally start
    with. Note that some characters will also have a "HIGINS" spell, which I believe
    is just a glitch spell (doesn't appear to do anything). Codes MUST be entered at
    the start of a new game. You can modify the first 2 codes to include any spells
    you want.

Made some new SF2 Game Genie codes that make the battle controller cheats always active.

One interesting note is that for each one of the codes below, I found another "Test" for the "Battle Cheat" RAM address in the assembly trace. This means that there might be 2 more unknown things that the battle cheat does. I will look into it when I get time.

Shining Force 2

RFKA-A60W
    Press B to walk thru buildings, mountains, etc. Works anytime except during battles.

RGPT-A60L
    Battle cheat is always available. When you get close enough to attack an enemy, choose the attack or magic option. When the enemy is highlighted, hold down START and press C. A small box will appear in the upper right hand corner. You can change the number in this box by pressing LEFT or RIGHT. Select the number you want and press C. For details about what the numbers do, look here under Battle Options: http://sf2.shiningforcecentral.com/p...ets_codes.html

EDIT: Fixed the sf2 link
    Last edited by Tony H; 02-19-2013 at 12:25 AM.

Toki: Going Ape Spit [or JuJu Densetsu (World)(Rev A)]

NOTE: These codes should work on both games listed. If you have a "Toki - Going
    Ape Spit" ROM and these codes don't work, you may have the wrong ROM. Try
    downloading the "JuJu Densetsu (World) (Rev A)" ROM.

BWST-AA26
    Invincibility. Enemies die as soon as you touch them. Also works on some
    hazards. Does not work on spike pits.

RGRT-A6YY
    Jump shoes are always active (makes you jump higher). Can be combined with the
    "High jump" code below to jump even higher.

AACA-B2DR
    High jump. If you're using an emulator, you'll need to activate the code and
    then reset your emulator. You don't need to reset on real hardware. Can be
    combined with the "Jump shoes" code above to make you jump even higher. You
    can modify this code to make you jump as high as you want, but if you jump too
    high, you'll die.

ALST-BE44
    Slow moon descent when jumping.

AGST-BE44
    Super slow moon descent when jumping.

ALNA-AA7N
    Select any weapon. Pause the game, then hold down the C button and press Down
    until you get the weapon you want.

Would it (at all) be possible to create codes for a game such as Another World (Out of this World in the USA)?
    I'm interested in a code for unlimited ammo, at least for the 2nd level.

When fully charged, you can fire up to 20 big blasts with the laser pistol. But when first obtained in the 2nd
    level (password HTDC), it is very low on ammo and you can only fire 2 big blasts with it. I'm not sure how
    else to describe it, but there is a small indicator light on the pistol that 'flashes' on and off when it is running
    low on ammo. This light is visibile both in the small cutscene where you first pick up the pistol as in the
    gameplay itself.

The first recharge point is located in the 4th level (password LBKG).

Thanks in advance!

That should be do-able. Do you care which version? I'll make it for the USA version (Out of this World) if you don't care.

It looks like there are no Game Genie codes at all for either of the games (only a couple PAR codes). Because of the way the game was programmed, an "infinite ammo" code wasn't going to work too well. The sub routine that subtracts from your amount of ammo, is also used for lots of other stuff. I had multiple problems with it, so I went a slightly different direction. The code below will let you shoot the "super shot" about 200 times when you first pick up the weapon in level 2, and maybe more when fully charged. You are given 199 ammo units when you pick up the gun. The super shot normally uses 100 ammo units but the code makes it only use 1 ammo unit. I also make a code for the "shield" so that it only uses 1 ammo unit instead of 10.

I'm going to make some more codes shortly. Probably a code to make the shield last longer (maybe infinite?), and an invincibility code if possible.

Out of this World (Genesis)

AV1T-M96C
    When you fire a super shot with your pistol (hold down the shoot button for 4
    seconds), it only uses 1 part of your ammo (instead of 100). This lets you shoot
    a few hundred super shots instead of only a few.

971A-M992
    When you use your pistol shield (hold down the shoot button for 2 seconds), it
    only uses 1 part of your ammo (instead of 10).
    Last edited by Tony H; 03-01-2013 at 10:55 PM.

Thanks!! First code works great, up until the last section of the 2nd level. I guess it's scripted to be emtpy at that part...
    I'll play around some more and will test the 2nd code later today

Edit:
    If needed, I can provide a savegame of that last section?

Edit 2:
    Gun may also have been scripted to be empty because my alien companion got killed. I'll do some more testing today.
    Last edited by GelmiR; 03-02-2013 at 01:07 AM.

Thread Information