Quantcast

Page 43 of 151 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Official New Game Genie Code Thread

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Tony, is there any chance that you could make a code for Warrior of Rome II that makes the player win instantly upon starting a level in Campaign mode? I think if you can find a way to set the enemy's number of remaining armies to zero, and do the same for his fortresses, that'll do the trick. I'd like to take some screenshots from later in the game for my review.

Alternatively, if you can find the place in the ROM where the names of the different locations in Campaign mode are stored, that'd be helpful. I tried using a relatlve search engine to find them, but had no luck. The last few are Ariminum, Aquileia, Neapolis, and Rome, and I think Cyzicos is in there somewhere, but as far as I can tell, neither the game nor the manual actually gives you a list of the locations (let alone telling you which of the 20 maps in Map Select mode have equivalents in the 16 maps of Campaign mode).

Thanks in advance for anything you have time to do!

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but this starts at ROM address $00F548.

We[will[march[to[Sidon\.We[will[march[to[Antiochia\.We[will[march[to[Ancyra\.We[will[march[to[Attaleia\.We[will[march[to[Cyprus\.We[will[march[to[Istanbul\.We[will[march[to[Cyzicos\.We[will[march[to[Athenae\.We[will[march[to[Thessalonice\.We[will[march[to[Dyrrhacnium\.We[will[march[to[Salonae\.We[will[march[to[Brundisium\.We[will[march[to[Aquileia\.We[will[march[to[Ariminum\.We[will[march[to[Neapolis\.We[will[march[to[Rome\.

As for the code for instant win... I will see what I can do, but keep in mind that it may take a while because I have never played the game before.

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Hey, thanks! No idea why that didn't show up in my relative search engine or my hex editor (though my hex editor can get wonky with searching sometime), but that's a big help. If the instant-win code is a hassle, don't sweat it.

After spending some time with the game, it looks like it will take too much time to figure it out, so I'm giving up on the instant win code. I looked around and noticed that there are absolutely no PAR codes or Game Genie codes for this game. I'll go back to the game and see if I can come up with any codes for it at all. I'll post any codes I make here, but it doesn't look too promising.

Good news. I found some useful codes, but I'll need help figuring out exactly what the codes do, and how to describe them.

When you are on the map screen, there is a box with the word "Building", and in that box is a bar with a red heart above it. I think that bar determines how fast your guys build buildings. Is that correct? Does the bar tell you anything else? Is that bar only for your guys, or is it for you and your enemies?

I have a code to let you start a new game with that bar at max (or anywhere in between). I also think I found a code to make your enemy build things much slower, and never get any extra guys. Will post them when I finish testing, and get that info from you.

EDIT: here's one of the codes:

992A-6VEL
    Start a new game with building speed??? maxed out, and soldier bar ??? almost maxed out. Not sure what to call either of those. Both of them are in the "Building" box. What does the soldier bar do? (little blue soldier in the building box that you have to scroll to the right to see).
    Last edited by Tony H; 04-08-2013 at 11:30 PM.

Here's another code for Warrior of Rome 2. I only have a PAR code right now, but will hopefully have a Game Genie version tomorrow.

FF0B78:82
    Enemy doesn't get any extra troops, and they mostly just stand around without building much. This code has only been tested with Gens (not sure if it will work with Fusion).

EDIT: Code works fine with Fusion too.

It's possible that this code will make the enemies fortress indestructible, but I don't know how to attack yet so I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Tony H; 04-09-2013 at 10:49 PM.

Warrior of Rome 2 (Genesis)

SXFT-AAGC
    You can build fortresses much faster.

992A-6AEN
    Enemies won't start building anything for several minutes. They also won't get
    any extra troops during that time.

Micro Machines (Genesis)

A3GA-AA8Y +
    BVGT-AA2C +
    A3GA-AA74
    Drive thru obstacles (pencils, waffles, etc).

RZBT-A6YG
    Don't fall if you drive off the edge.

FTSA-AA3E
    MUCH higher top speed.

The New Zealand Story (J) (Genesis/MD)

R04T-A61R
    Can shoot thru walls.

ELCT-AA6A
    Can walk thru walls. Note that you may fall if you walk thru some blocks, but
    you will end up above the top of the screen (then just press Jump or move Left
    or Right to drop down).

NCCA-B96T
    Jump higher.

DWCA-B96T
    Jump much higher.

JCDA-BJVT
    High moon jump with slow descent.

JCDA-BEVT
    Much higher moon jump with slow descent.

C4BT-AA92
    Don't fall when you walk off any ledge ("Walk on air"). Press Jump to drop down.

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
    The New Zealand Story (J) (Genesis/MD
    Thanks dude! Was about to pop that game in.
    Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Thierry Henry View Post
    Thanks dude! Was about to pop that game in.
    Your welcome.

More new codes...

Crack Down (U) Genesis

ACGA-EA6L
    Can shoot thru walls, buildings, etc.

ABFA-AA5E
    Can walk thru walls, buildings, etc. Note that when you are "inside" a
    building, you are safe from enemies.

Creator of the Mega Amp Raging in the Streets Ace's Avatar

Requesting another code for Thunder Force IV (Lightening Force). Is there some way to have the bonus music you get when you beat the game available right from the start? I'd like to record some of it, but I sure as hell do not want to play through the entire game just to be able to do that.
    HATES ATGAMES WITH A PASSION

Mega Amp: An all-new audio circuit for your Sega Genesis/MegaDrive and clones.

Note: If you want to contact me on Skype, identify yourself or your contact request will be rejected.

I assume you're aware that you can listen to most (maybe all?) of the music tracks in the Options screen? Press A + Start during the opening or title screen to access it.

If the song you want isn't included there, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Creator of the Mega Amp Raging in the Streets Ace's Avatar

Duh, I know about that. What I want is a code to get the unlockable music right when you load the game rather than after completing it.
    HATES ATGAMES WITH A PASSION

Mega Amp: An all-new audio circuit for your Sega Genesis/MegaDrive and clones.

Note: If you want to contact me on Skype, identify yourself or your contact request will be rejected.

Give this a try...

Lightening Force

RH9T-A6VA
    All music (Ending, Omake, etc) is available in the option screen.

Thread Information