Quantcast

Page 93 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2262

Thread: Official New Game Genie Code Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
    GelmiR, I've got your "No-Clip" code for Pirates of Dark Water (USA, Europe) (May 1994), but was having trouble figuring out how to progress through the level, so I haven't actually tested it in the location you were talking about, but the code should work.

Pirates of Dark Water (USA, Europe) (May 1994) Game Genie

AAYT-CA28 +
    AAYT-CA2N
    Walk thru walls (No-Clip).

=======

If you want to save code space, the first code is for walking Right, and the second code is for walking Left.
    Thanks Tony! Unfortunately, these codes only work on doors, not walls. I did test most of the game with these codes and must say, they are a great alternative to having "unlimited keys on pickup" or "keep keys for the round". Single exception was 1 door in Port of Pandawa just prior to the boss, the codes worked on all other doors in that level and in all other levels. So thanks, still saving these!
    Would it be possible to have codes where the clip effect works on walls as well? I'd prefer the effect to work on both doors and walls, but I'd be happy with whatever you have time for / feel like working on

Raging in the Streets KnightWarrior's Avatar

Are the power-ups only for the bosses, or do you only lose them when you're fighting bosses?

EDIT: GelmiR, will get the rest of your codes shortly.
    Nope, It's for Batman, On the NES version you can keep your weapon when you die

GelmiR, give this one a try. One code seems to work in both directions.

AC9T-AA2J
    Walk thru walls (no-clip).

EDIT: I will change the description of the other code to "Walk thru doors".
    Last edited by Tony H; 05-16-2018 at 09:49 PM.

GelmiR, give this one a try. One code seems to work in both directions.

AC9T-AA2J
    Walk thru walls (no-clip).

EDIT: I will change the description of the other code to "Walk thru doors".
    Great, thanks Tony! I tested it; it reminds me of the LAPOGO cheat in Star Wars Dark Forces. The code disables height checking. If you walk up to a wall with a ledge above it, you will move up to that ledge. So no clip doesn't always work, but I have been able to reach the places I wanted to. Also, it seems obvious, but I still wanted to mention that it is possible to get stuck.
    With this code and Walk On Air, I should be able to find the last secrets in the game. Thanks again

KnightWarrior, as you can see on the code page for Batman - Revenge of the Joker, after all these years, no one has found the RAM addresses for the weapon power-ups: https://gamehacking.org/game/14796

In order to make the "Keep weapon power-ups after you die", I'll need to find those RAM addresses. So far I haven't had any luck, but will try a few other ideas. Will post the codes if I find them.

GelmiR, will take a look at the rest of your requests tomorrow.

KnightWarrior, haven't found the code you wanted yet, but didn't want to leave you empty handed. While looking for the weapon info, I made this code. Should be useful.

Batman - Revenge of the Joker (Genesis) Game Genie

AKBT-CA4E
    1 shot kills enemy.

Seems to work with all weapons. Haven't tested it on bosses.

Thanks!

I have a question on some existing Smurfs codes you made.

Invincibility
    AT2A-TA7N Works great.

Infinite energy (hearts) 3 codes

ATTA-TA7N
    This one protects the player from most hits; touching enemies, projectiles, explosions, etc. It does need to be turned off for the Descent level. The Descent is a 3D level (sort of like Mickey Mania where you run from the moose) in which you ride a sled down a snowy mountain. If you get hit in that level, the heart meter does not go down - but it will kill you instantly. I don't think there is a code for health for that level.

ATNA-TA66
    ATNT-TA8Y
    I have turned off all other codes, including of course invincibility. But I have not been able to find out what these codes do. I have been able to play through most of the game with just ATTA-TA7N. I tried them individually for several getting hit effects, but can't figure it out. Do you know of another way of finding out why 3 codes would be needed for infinite energy?

GelmiR, I made that 3 part energy code a looong time ago, so don't remember the specifics. It's possible that I included the other 2 codes because I saw that they could affect energy, but wasn't sure, so I may have included them just to be safe.

So you're pretty confident that the other 2 codes aren't necessary for infinite energy? If so, I'll remove them. I'll also amend the code description so it says to turn it off on the Descent level.

No worries, I didn't think there was some other way to check But yes I'm sure, at least, those other 2 codes didn't do anything for me.
    I turned debug and ATTA-TA7N off and tested them individually on specific things that'd hurt the player, I've encountered no effects.
    Edit: Which I don't mind, I prefer to have as less code slots used as possible

OK, updated the code on my site, and at GameHacking dot org. Thanks for the heads up GelmiR.

I think you had a couple other requests for The Smurfs. Will take a look at those next.

EDIT: I used the ATTA-TA7N code by itself, and it seemed to work fine for me too.

You're welcome Thanks for looking into the other requests!

GelmiR, finally figured out the mystery of the 2 extra codes for infinite energy in The Smurfs. I was making infinite energy codes for the Descent level, and I noticed that the two codes I made for that looked similar to the two codes that didn't seem to do anything for the original infinite energy code(s). I'm certain that I included those 2 extra infinite energy codes because I didn't know what they did, but I knew they had something to do with energy, so I added them to be safe. The only problem is that I didn't make those 2 codes correctly, which is why one of them caused instant death in Descent. If you would have tested some more, I think you would have found out the the other code would have caused instant death if you went into the water.

Anyways, I've corrected the 2 codes and they seem to work fine in the Descent level now. I'm going to leave the two sets of codes separate (one for Descent, and one for everything else).

The Smurfs (E) (Genesis/MD) Game Genie

C2NA-TA66 +
    C2NT-TA8Y
    Infinite energy (hearts) in Descent (Luge) level. The first code is for rocks and other obstacles, and the second code is for when you fall in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightWarrior View Post
    Tony

Can you look for some Batman: Revenge of the Joker (Genesis) Game Genie

Keep your current Power-Up on Bosses when you die
    Have only tested it a little, but seems to work fine.

ATDT-CA82
    Keep weapon power-ups after you die.

I see that in one of my previous posts, I stated that infinite hearts (ATTA-TA7N) would insta-kill the player when getting hit in the Descent level. This is not true. This code can be kept on at all times. You were right about me not having tested the other two codes enough, so I tested them more on the Descent level:
    ATNA-TA66 - This is the code that would kill at a single hit.
    ATNT-TA8Y - This one doesn't insta-kill when landing in water, but actually does offer protection from it. So infinite hearts from getting in the water.

As for the 2 new codes for Descent, tested them and they work great, thanks!

GelmiR, Haven't tested this all the way thru, so let me know if there are problems.

The Smurfs (Genesis/MD) Game Genie

AW8T-TA8G
    Freezes the log on Falaise / Cliff level, and gets rid of the lava in Volcano levels. May cause some side effects on other levels, so probably best to only turn it on when needed.
    Last edited by Tony H; 05-20-2018 at 12:20 PM.

Thread Information