Quantcast

Page 94 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2248

Thread: Official New Game Genie Code Thread

Did a quick test, the code works perfectly on the log, thanks! It does have some funny side effects, which I think apply to most levels, as well as cut-scenes and the smurfs on the map screen. Enemies are either frozen, twitchy, or sliding instead of walking or flying. Also, powerups either don't spin, or spin like crazy. It doesn't bother me, though. I can just turn it on during the log level and turn it off afterwards, so thanks! But the effects are really funny, I'll have to do some more testing tomorrow.

Edit, tested it on most levels:
    I found a very welcome additional effect to the log code
    Lava in Volcano levels is also frozen! Actually, with the code on, it doesn't even appear. Keep the code on, if you turn it off and the lave appears, turning it back on will not help.

Lots of side effects, here is all I could find so far:
    - Smurfs in the map screen holding the banner (sped up, frozen)
    - Cutscenes when a smurf is rescued (sped up)
    - Game won't contine when having received a password, will have to turn off the code first
    - Powerups (frozen, sped up, can't pick them up, can't open toadstools with powerups)
    - Can't open doors in level 1
    - Water animation is sped up or frozen
    - Greedy Smurf can only throw a pie once if code has been turned off/on
    - Cannot control player when inside the bubble in the last level
    - Enemies (sped up, frozen, slide without animation, twitchy)
    - Enemies it does not affect: Big birds and black flies
    - Code does not affect all bosses

The frozen, sped up effects interchange as you turn the code on and off during gameplay.
    Last edited by GelmiR; 05-20-2018 at 03:36 AM.

Thanks for the info, I'll update the code description.

The reason it affects so many things is because the code stops the timer that determines how long between times that the log rotates. This timer appears to be used in many other areas of the game.

GelmiR, I think is the last of your requests (let me know if I missed any). The code seems to work pretty good, and no need to turn it off at the end of the level.

The Smurfs (Genesis/MD) Game Genie

RZJA-T6TN
    The bubble will not burst in the Mur / Gargamel's Manor House level. You're invincible while in the bubble (although some butterflies may hurt you). Do not go past the very top of the screen or you may get stuck. Also, make sure you touch the "Exit" sign at the end of the level to exit).
    Last edited by Tony H; 05-21-2018 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Changed/updated code description.

Thanks for the additional info! I've had a lot of fun testing this code A note on the volcano levels though; it's best if the code has been activated before the levels load. Activating them afterwards will cause problems. The lava will rise and can't be stopped by turning the code on. Also, only the top of the lava seems to kill the player. When you die, you will restart at the beginning, but the lava will still be there - obstructing almost everything in the level. So it's best to turn it on before the level loads, so the lava won't even appear.

As for the bubble code, it works great - thanks! Some notes on the code:
    - Do not go beyond the top of the screen, you will get stuck. Turning code off will not fix this.
    - Code needs to be turned off at the exit of the level.
    - Sometimes I'd get hit by butterflies and the bubble would burst - sometimes it wouldn't (couldn't figure out why/when). It doesn't matter for me, they can be easily avoided. The thorn branches were the problem for me.

Yeah those were my requests, thanks again! Unless you feel like working on a Fantasia code I'd like?

Quote Originally Posted by GelmiR View Post
    Yeah those were my requests, thanks again! Unless you feel like working on a Fantasia code I'd like?
    Sure, what is it?

EDIT: As for the Smurf "Bubble" code, I had no trouble with the insects, and I didn't have to turn the code off at the end. Are you playing on an emulator or real hardware?
    Last edited by Tony H; 05-21-2018 at 11:13 AM.

I am playing on an emulator, it's Genesis Plus GX. I tested it again, and can't seem to find the logic here. Do I need any invincibility or infinite health codes active as well? I only have the one for debug and the bubble for now. Anyway, the most recent test; touched the first butterfly straight up, bubble bursted. Entered bubble again, flew to the top right, could touch two other butterflies without bursting. Floated back to the first butterfly, it did not burst. So I thought, maybe it needs to burst once and won't a second time. But no. I don't mind as they are easy to avoid - I'm just interested in the logic here, if there is any Can't seem to reproduce any of it...
    As for the end of the level, I'm used to the bubble auto-bursting. I was at the top of that entrance, but floating down indeed still ends the level. So you're right, code does not need to be turned off at the end.

Fantasia wants you to either collect a certain number of music notes or a high enough score. It is as below (taken from the manual):
    - Water World -> Easy: 3 notes or 60000 points | Normal: 5 notes or 100000 poins | Hard: 8 notes or 160000 points
    - Earth World -> Easy: 5 notes or 100000 points | Normal: 7 notes or 140000 points | Hard: 10 notes or 200000 points
    - Air World -> Easy: 7 notes or 140000 points | Normal: 9 notes or 180000 points | Hard: 12 notes or 240000 points
    - Fire World -> Easy: 9 notes or 180000 points | Normal: 11 notes or 220000 points | Hard: 14 notes or 280000 points

I'm looking for the easiest way to circumvent this, and just being able to play through the game without having to worry about my score. If your score isn't high enough, the game will force you to replay the level. I think a code multiplier might be best, or every music note counts as 15 or something? Score might be better, as I don't know if those notes are easy to find. But I'm wondering if you might have a good idea for this?
    Last edited by GelmiR; 05-21-2018 at 01:23 PM.

Fantasia (Genesis) Game Genie

AKTT-AA3E
    Most items are worth 10x as many points.

EDIT: Just realized that the code has only been tested on the medium difficulty. Should work on all difficulties though.
    Last edited by Tony H; 05-21-2018 at 09:00 PM.

And I realized I forgot to mention that I'd like a code for normal mode But anyway I did a quick test with Genesis Plus GX. It does indeed work on all difficulties:
    - Easy: enemies give 10x as many points
    - Normal: enemies give 20x as many points
    - Hard: enemies give 30x as many points

Probably also has to do with the fact you need to hit them twice on normal and three times on hard (using small spells). The number above a defeated enemy will have the normal score, but the score meter on the bottom of the screen does correspond to the code effect. Will try a full playthrough soon for more testing, thanks!

By the way, did it matter for Smurfs that I used an emulator? Very first time I tried the code, I couldn't get hit by butterflies. But I haven't been able to replicate that.

Edit: I think the Fantasia code resets the score when you reach a million. Or, it takes off a million. I'll have to do some more testing.
    Last edited by GelmiR; 05-22-2018 at 06:54 AM.

By the way, did it matter for Smurfs that I used an emulator? Very first time I tried the code, I couldn't get hit by butterflies. But I haven't been able to replicate that.
    Doesn't matter if you're using an emulator, I just thought that if you were using real hardware, that might explain the differences we were having. Now that I think about it, the very first time I used the code, I got hit by a butterfly.

Keep me posted on the Fantasia test results. Can figure out another solution if needed.

Restarted the game on normal, got over a million and the score on the bottom of the screen resetted. After that, I made sure I'd end the level with a score under 100000 - the minimal to proceed to the next level. When Mickey tosses the music notes up in the air, it's clear that the game doesn't actually reset your score, as it's displayed as being well over a million there. It's just the meter on the bottom of the screen during gameplay that can't go higher than 9 digits. Though it's still kind of tricky to know if your score is high enough when you end the level. Though I can't think of a better solution than a multiplier. In any case, code works great - thanks

Another "extra" code...

Fantasia (Genesis) Game Genie

BA3T-AA2J
    Don't fall when you walk off ledges (walk on air). Every time you press Jump, you'll go up higher. Turn the code off to drop down.

Really useful on most levels.
    Last edited by Tony H; 05-22-2018 at 05:03 PM.

Batman - Revenge of the Joker (Genesis) Game Genie

K3TA-A7TA
    Don't fall when you walk off ledges (walk on air). Release directional pad (stop walking) to drop down. You can still jump while walking on air.

That Fantasia code is useful indeed Thanks!

Do you also make Master System codes? I'm looking for some for Legend of Illusion (invincibility, infinite health, infinite lives). It was Brazil-only release from TecToy, game is in English though.

Do you also make Master System codes? I'm looking for some for Legend of Illusion (invincibility, infinite health, infinite lives). It was Brazil-only release from TecToy, game is in English though.
    No, I've never done any Master System codes.

Okay, no worries Would it be possible to make some for the EU/PAL Ecco the Tides of Time? What I'd like most is a code that enables the debugger. In it, you can activate infinite life - which I think is also for infinite air (though I'd have to test that). For Ecco 1, I also have a code to swim through walls, allowing you to swim around blokkades. If possible, I'd love that for this game as well. Thanks in advance for any help

Thread Information