Quantcast

Page 96 of 147 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2198

Thread: Official New Game Genie Code Thread

Wildside Expert

Hello there mr. Tony H!

I would like to ask you something about Super Hang-On found in Mega Games I.

I noticed there is a code for making "Nitro Accelerates Up To 390 Km/H" here:

https://gamehacking.org/game/15459

But this code works in "original mode" only if bike is upgraded and then it is necessary to enter password for arcade mode..

Furthermore, the 390km speed doesn't keep constant, it continuously drops and speed up again.

Do you think it is possible to make this code work straight from "arcade mode" and keep the speed constant at 390km?

I am not sure if playing the game at 390km actually makes the game run faster or increases the sense of speed in any way, but maybe is worth a try?

MegaDriver, here are some codes to try out. I've only tested them in the Arcade mode. Pretty sure this is what you wanted. One of the codes lets you instantly accelerate to 390 km, and you will always stay at 390 km, even if you go off the road. And it will work even if bike/engine hasn't been upgraded.

Mega Games I (E) Genesis/MD (Game Genie)

Super Hang-on

9W7T-BGMY
    Instantly accelerate to 280 km. You'll stay at 280 km, even if you go off the road. Works even if bike/engine isn't upgraded.

9W7T-BGMY +
    LL7T-ACD0
    Instantly accelerate to 390 km. You'll stay at 390 km, even if you go off the road. Works even if bike/engine isn't upgraded.

TG7A-BFWA
    Accelerate twice as fast. Works even if bike/engine isn't upgraded.

TG7A-BFWA +
    LL7T-ACD0
    Accelerate twice as fast, and increases your top speed to 323 km. Works even if bike/engine isn't upgraded.
    Last edited by Tony H; 08-24-2018 at 08:49 PM.

Nameless One

Hey Tony has there been any luck with finding a code to disable SFX in Puggsy?

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
    MegaDriver, here are some codes to try out. I've only tested them in the Arcade mode. Pretty sure this is what you wanted. One of the codes lets you instantly accelerate to 390 km, and you will always stay at 390 km, even if you go off the road. And it will work even if bike/engine hasn't been upgraded.

Mega Games I (E) Genesis/MD (Game Genie)

Super Hang-on

9W7T-BGMY
    Instantly accelerate to 280 km. You'll stay at 280 km, even if you go off the road. Works even if bike/engine isn't upgraded.

9W7T-BGMY +
    LL7T-ACD0
    Instantly accelerate to 390 km. You'll stay at 390 km, even if you go off the road. Works even if bike/engine isn't upgraded.

TG7A-BFWA
    Accelerate twice as fast. Works even if bike/engine isn't upgraded.

TG7A-BFWA +
    LL7T-ACD0
    Accelerate twice as fast, and increases you top speed to 323 km. Works even if bike/engine isn't upgraded.

You just read my mind!
    Yes, the codes work like a charm.
    The two last options are probably the ones that give a more balanced gameplay, still within the game rules with the edge now on the player.
    The option to 'accelerate twice as fast' is truly a game-changer and should have been made available since this game was put on stores, The improvement is a very welcome addition and, IMHO, increases the interest and quality of the Megadrive/Genesis port.

Thank you very much, you should be getting royalties from sega for this!

Just one question: is it possible to accelerate twice as fast, and have Nitro push speed to constant 390km (and still keeping brakes)? Maybe one thing excludes the other? Just a thought. What you gave us is already an excellent gift.

Wildside Expert

Hmmm..., now that I got the taste of it, I don't think I can't let go!

@Tony H:

Still regarding Super Hang-on on Mega Games I (E) Genesis/MD (and since you have already dipped your toe in this task), do you think there's any chance of increasing the rate of the left to right/right to left motion? I mean, would it be possible to improve the responsiveness of the directional controls by making the bike turn faster than it originally does?

I think these type of game-modifiers would be great to use on stock MD/Genesis (no overclocking) because it's a way of enhancing the gaming experience on such games (driving titles) that often only get better with an increase of cpu performance.

For instance, the very same Super Hang-on on Mega Games I (E) when run in an overclocked MD feels like it is already fast-tuned with these kind of hacks, therefore one doesn't feel the need to use them.

Ok, I feel like a child lost in a toy store and don't know were to go because there are all kinds of pretty thing around me.

I don't mean to abuse your goodwill but if my guess turns out right, could you please also take a look at OutRun?
    I thinks that's another game that would strongly benefit from faster turning and, why not, unlocking the higher top-speed of Hyper mode in all other modes? Not sure if faster acceleration would be needed since the testarossa already pulls from low revs quite well and the game never feels "slow" as in SHO.

I promise never to bother you again!!

Superrayman3, no luck on the SFX code for Puggsy.

MegaDriver, glad to hear the codes were helpful. Also, just wanted to say thanks for your wonderful response. I could tell that you really appreciated the codes. That's the type of response that keeps me making more codes. Will look into your other code requests this weekend. Will keep you posted.

MegaDriver, are you playing Mega Games I on real hardware with a Game Genie, or on an emulator? Did you need a master code to get the game to load (ie. did you get a blank/red screen?)
    Last edited by Tony H; 08-25-2018 at 07:43 PM.

Wildside Expert

MegaDriver, are you playing Mega Games I on real hardware with a Game Genie, or on an emulator? Did you need a master code to get the game to load (ie. did you get a blank/red screen?)
    Hi.

Yes, I am playing on real hardware with a GameGenie.
    Mega Games I loads ok with no need for a master code.
    (Outrun however needs a master code to start.)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDriver View Post
    Hi.

Yes, I am playing on real hardware with a GameGenie.
    Mega Games I loads ok with no need for a master code.
    (Outrun however needs a master code to start.)
    Thanks for the info.

Here's a master code for anyone using an emulator...

Super Hang-On (Mega Games I) (E)

CJBT-AA4C
    Master code (improved). Only needed if you get a blank/red screen when using the codes. Also makes the game load faster. Not needed on real hardware.

===========

Still working on your other requests.

Wildside Expert

@Tony H:

I think I discovered something important!

I also have cartridge of Super Hang-On Rev 0 (1989)(Sega) and I have been playing around with the codes found here:

https://gamehacking.org/game/16002

Now, if you use:

HBZT-AA9E (Master Code improved - by terpsfan101)

and

TGRA-BFYR (Accelerate twice as fast - your code)

and

LCRT-ACFY (Nitro Accelerates Up to 390 KM/H - by Whipon)

You get 2x faster acceleration and nitro pushes top speed to a constant 390Km!!!

And brakes still work!

Notice the sfx of nitro is higher pitched than normal.

So, this must also be possible to achieve on Super Hang-On (Mega Games I) (E).
    However, I followed the same logic with the codes found here:

https://gamehacking.org/game/15459

and there is a glitch with speed when nitro is used, speeds up to 390 and then drops down, keeps repeating this cycle.

I think code LC7T-ACC6 (Nitro Accelerates Up To 390 Km/H by pferreira1983) may not be the right one.

What would be the equivalent code of LCRT-ACFY (Nitro Accelerates Up to 390 KM/H - by Whipon) on Super Hang-On (Mega Games I) (E)?

MegaDriver, give this one a try. Have not tested it.

LL7T-ACDG +
    TG7A-BFWA
    Accelerate twice as fast, and nitro accelerates up to 390 km.

Wildside Expert

MegaDriver, give this one a try. Have not tested it.

LL7T-ACDG +
    TG7A-BFWA
    Accelerate twice as fast, and nitro accelerates up to 390 km.

The codes are working!

Great!

Working on OutRun codes now.

This code is buggy sometimes, so I won't be adding it to my website, but it does work good when it works so I thought I would post it so you could play around with it. The code makes you accelerate much faster. The only problem is, that *sometimes* when you stop (by crashing, etc), the car won't accelerate anymore. That is a serious bug, but code is still fun to play around with. Also, code is completely adjustable (can modify the code so it accelerates faster or slower) Working on more codes.

Outrun (Genesis) Game Genie

BBCT-BE2R
    Accelerate much faster. Code has a huge bug, so use at your own risk. :-) If the car stops (by crashing, etc), it sometimes won't start moving again. Doesn't always happen.

Another buggy code, but still fun to goof around with.

Outrun (Genesis) Game Genie

MBCT-BFTR
    Accelerate much faster. Code is very buggy, so use at your own risk. Your top speed will be over 1000 mph. You'll go so fast, that it starts looking like you are going backwards.

Wildside Expert

Ok, first code is very interesting!, despite the bug.

This is precisely what makes me hold on to the MD/Genesis port, the possibility to fine-tune some aspects of the game (speed, acceleration, steering) to bring out all the potential of the game engine.

Along with Pyron's or Tor Landeel' color hack and your hacks, that could make for a definitive version of Outrun on the MD/Genesis!

Thread Information