Quantcast

Page 97 of 150 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2246

Thread: Official New Game Genie Code Thread

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
    Working on OutRun codes now.

This code is buggy sometimes, so I won't be adding it to my website, but it does work good when it works so I thought I would post it so you could play around with it. The code makes you accelerate much faster. The only problem is, that *sometimes* when you stop (by crashing, etc), the car won't accelerate anymore. That is a serious bug, but code is still fun to play around with. Also, code is completely adjustable (can modify the code so it accelerates faster or slower) Working on more codes.

Outrun (Genesis) Game Genie

BBCT-BE2R
    Accelerate much faster. Code has a huge bug, so use at your own risk. :-) If the car stops (by crashing, etc), it sometimes won't start moving again. Doesn't always happen.

Maybe top speed is the factor to be taken into account?

On difficulty levels ranging from 'super-easy' to 'pro' Testarossa max speed is 293 km/h;
    On 'Hyper' mode top speed is 345 km/h;

With code on I have reached a max speed in excess of 400km/h on certain levels!
    But the backgrounds start to glitch around 360 km/h, so perhaps that's the limit for stability?

Would it not be nice to be able to set max speed of 324 km/h while retaining faster acceleration?
    I am sure that would mean something to lots of people as they would recognize that as a hint to Ferrari F40 performance..

Making some good progress. I've got a code that lets you completely adjust the amount of acceleration, and another code that lets you adjust your top speed in low gear. For now, I've only got codes for low gear, but will work on high gear codes if necessary.

The normal acceleration value is usually 3, and the code I've got below uses an acceleration value of 8. Let me know if you want more or less acceleration.

I'll post two different top speed codes for low gear. One is the top speed you mentioned for the Ferrari F40, and the other top speed is very close to the limit of the game before it starts to glitch. You posted speed values in km/h, but my game is showing values in mph (edit: just noticed the mph - km/h option). Anyways, here are the codes I've got for now...

BBCT-AAHC
    Accelerate much faster in low gear. Will only work if used with one of the codes below.

JKCT-ACHA
    Top speed in low gear is around 202 mph (324 km/h).

M3CT-ACHA
    Top speed in low gear is around 222 mph (357 km/h).

Note: If you shift into high gear, you will probably slow down.

EDIT: Probably best to keep the car in low gear with these codes.
    Last edited by Tony H; 08-29-2018 at 11:07 PM.

Wildside Expert

Making some good progress. I've got a code that lets you completely adjust the amount of acceleration, and another code that lets you adjust your top speed in low gear. For now, I've only got codes for low gear, but will work on high gear codes if necessary.

The normal acceleration value is usually 3, and the code I've got below uses an acceleration value of 8. Let me know if you want more or less acceleration.

I'll post two different top speed codes for low gear. One is the top speed you mentioned for the Ferrari F40, and the other top speed is very close to the limit of the game before it starts to glitch. You posted speed values in km/h, but my game is showing values in mph (edit: just noticed the mph - km/h option). Anyways, here are the codes I've got for now...

BBCT-AAHC
    Accelerate much faster in low gear. Will only work if used with one of the codes below.

JKCT-ACHA
    Top speed in low gear is around 202 mph (324 km/h).

M3CT-ACHA
    Top speed in low gear is around 222 mph (357 km/h).

Note: If you shift into high gear, you will probably slow down.

EDIT: Probably best to keep the car in low gear with these codes.

@Tony H:

Wow, this is somethinhg completely unheard of!
    The level of customization you achieved is just amazing.
    I have to compliment you on your talent for finding these marvelous things hiding in games.

This open a whole new level of possibilities, so I think it wouldn't be fair if I was the only one to make suggestions. If anyone wants to step in - please do - and share thoughts and ideas about this.
    I am sure Tony H. will listen to reasonable requests.

Ok then, if I may, I would like to propose the following:

Since I find the gaming experience of "accelerate - shift up - tire dust - max speed - blind corner! - brake and shift down - tire dust" an essential part of the Out Run ethos I think it would be most enjoyable if it is possible to

- accelerate much faster in low gear;
    - keep low gear max speed at original 193 km/h;
    - shift into hi gear;
    (- eventually make acceleration faster in hi-gear, not sure if possible, and perhaps not even necessary)
    - make hi gear top speed at 324km/h or 357 km/h (or limit for no-glitch? keep Hyper mode speed 345 km/h?)

Basically, I think this could be pulled of by enhancing the already existing Hyper mode, just by giving the testarossa a better acceleration in gears.

Comments are on you, Tony!
    Last edited by MegaDriver; 08-30-2018 at 06:39 AM.

MegaDriver, the way the game is programed, it uses lots of different values for acceleration in both low and high gear, so it's going to be difficult to get more acceleration in low and high gear within the 5 code limit of the Game Genie. I was able to do it with one code in low gear by forcing the game to skip over all of the acceleration values except the one I modified. Will be more difficult if high gear is also included. Give me some time to think about it and I'll see if I can figure something out, and keep it at 5 codes or less.

Wildside Expert

MegaDriver, the way the game is programed, it uses lots of different values for acceleration in both low and high gear, so it's going to be difficult to get more acceleration in low and high gear within the 5 code limit of the Game Genie. I was able to do it with one code in low gear by forcing the game to skip over all of the acceleration values except the one I modified. Will be more difficult if high gear is also included. Give me some time to think about it and I'll see if I can figure something out, and keep it at 5 codes or less.

Ah yes, you are rigth, the 5 code limit can be a constraint.
    In that case I would say acceleration in low gear is more important than in hi gear.
    Perhaps it's better to keep the codes you have already figured out and only adjust code for top speed in low gear?

That way we would have:

- Master code
    - Code to adjust amount of acceleration
    - Code to adjust top speed in low gear

Do you think it would be possible with two codes left to use, either:

- adjust top speed in hi gear

or

(enable hyper difficulty mode with button presses on controller and)

- have code(s) to increase acceleration in hi gear?

If, for whatever reasons, this turns out impossible to do then don't bother yourself anymore.
    Could I please just ask you to adjust 'code for low gear top speed' so that it matches original value of 193 km/h?
    I think that would make for a more balanced gameplay experience while keeping the improvements you have achieved.
    Last edited by MegaDriver; 08-31-2018 at 05:35 AM.

Still working on other codes, but this one was easy to knock out. The speedometer was going between 190 km/h and 193 km/h. Let me know if you need that adjusted slightly.

Also, the "Top speed" codes when used by themselves (including the one below) will actually make you accelerate a little faster than normal. All of the Top Speed codes force an acceleration value of 3 (unless you add the "faster acceleration" code which would force a value of 8), but the acceleration values when you don't use any codes vary between 1 to 3, depending on how fast you're going. The acceleration value normally starts out at 3 when you take off, but will drop down to 2 as you go faster, then down to 1 as you go even faster. In part, this is to simulate the wind resistance etc that you would have when driving at faster speeds. A real car driving 20 mph can accelerate faster than a car driving 120 mph.

Outrun

1VCT-AAHA
    Top speed in low gear is around 193 km/h.

Wildside Expert

Still working on other codes, but this one was easy to knock out. The speedometer was going between 190 km/h and 193 km/h. Let me know if you need that adjusted slightly.

Also, the "Top speed" codes when used by themselves (including the one below) will actually make you accelerate a little faster than normal. All of the Top Speed codes force an acceleration value of 3 (unless you add the "faster acceleration" code which would force a value of 8), but the acceleration values when you don't use any codes vary between 1 to 3, depending on how fast you're going. The acceleration value normally starts out at 3 when you take off, but will drop down to 2 as you go faster, then down to 1 as you go even faster. In part, this is to simulate the wind resistance etc that you would have when driving at faster speeds. A real car driving 20 mph can accelerate faster than a car driving 120 mph.

Outrun

1VCT-AAHA
    Top speed in low gear is around 193 km/h.

Perfect!

No need to adjust, it's right on the spot!

Thank you, this is exactly what the game was in need.

it works like I thought:

-faster acceleration in low gear
    -keep shifting up and down
    -top speed increase via Hyper mode enabling

and you have the recipe for a much more enjoyable playing time with the Megadrive/Genesis port of Outrun!

Side note: If you add the Tyco power plug and the six button controller it's possible to improve a bit the handling of the car to cope better with the faster speeds.

Despite having played the saturn port (Sega Ages) of Outrun to death it's this tuned MD port that's giving me the kicks..
    I think these feelings of joy and surprise are part of what give retrogaming a meaning - in this case, finding a way to improve an arcade conversion on a machine one knows it can't possibly be as good but yet when given the right "push" can deliver sensations closer to the real thing.

I guess it's true what they say about old being gold, this port just made it from 'good' to 'little gem' thanks to your efforts.

Ok, if you manage somehow the miracle of squeezing more perfomance on high gear and fit that in the remaing slots of the gamegenie that would be awesome!
    Last edited by MegaDriver; 09-01-2018 at 11:28 AM.

Nameless One

Superrayman3, no luck on the SFX code for Puggsy.
    That's a shame to hear I was hoping you'd be able to figure it out, oh well thanks for trying Tony.

Mega Driver, got some new codes for high gear acceleration. I do have a question though, do the codes I posted earlier for low gear work in both normal mode and Hyper mode?

New codes...

Outrun (Genesis)

EVDA-ACC2 +
    BBDA-AAC4
    Accelerate much faster in high gear. Top speed will be a little higher than normal (299 km/h). The faster acceleration starts at around 200 km/h.

===============

Have only tested in normal mode (probably won't work in Hyper mode). Will work on Hyper codes next (if necessary).

Edit: also, what is the normal top speed in normal mode high gear?
    Last edited by Tony H; 09-02-2018 at 06:49 PM.

Wildside Expert

Mega Driver, got some new codes for high gear acceleration. I do have a question though, do the codes I posted earlier for low gear work in both normal mode and Hyper mode?

New codes...

Outrun (Genesis)

EVDA-ACC2 +
    BBDA-AAC4
    Accelerate much faster in high gear. Top speed will be about the same as normal (299 km/h). The faster acceleration starts at around 200 km/h.

===============

Have only tested in normal mode (probably won't work in Hyper mode). Will work on Hyper codes next (if necessary).

Edit: also, what is the normal top speed in normal mode high gear?

Great! Tested the codes and they are working.

Yes, codes for low gear work on normal modes ('super easy' to 'pro') and 'Hyper' mode.

But you are right, the new codes for high gear don't work in Hyper mode, only normal modes.

I think top speed in normal mode high gear is 293 km/h.

Can you find codes for hyper mode high gear? That is going to burn some rubber!!

Haven't been able to test these codes in Hyper Mode, so let me know if they work. There seems to be a slight discrepancy in the top speed in Hyper mode as far as what I've found in the ROM, and what you (and the internet) show. The ROM seems to indicate that the top speed in Hyper mode should be 400 km/h, but you and the internet show it as 345km/h. I've included both codes, so let me know the outcome.

Outrun (Genesis)

LFDT-ACDY +
    BBDT-AAD0
    Accelerate much faster in high gear, with a top speed of 345 km/h. Works in Hyper Mode only.

VBDT-ACDY +
    BBDT-AAD0
    Accelerate much faster in high gear, with a top speed of 399 km/h. Works in Hyper Mode only.

EDIT: Both of these codes will take affect when you reach about 200 km/h in high gear.

Wildside Expert

Haven't been able to test these codes in Hyper Mode, so let me know if they work. There seems to be a slight discrepancy in the top speed in Hyper mode as far as what I've found in the ROM, and what you (and the internet) show. The ROM seems to indicate that the top speed in Hyper mode should be 400 km/h, but you and the internet show it as 345km/h. I've included both codes, so let me know the outcome.

Outrun (Genesis)

LFDT-ACDY +
    BBDT-AAD0
    Accelerate much faster in high gear, with a top speed of 345 km/h. Works in Hyper Mode only.

VBDT-ACDY +
    BBDT-AAD0
    Accelerate much faster in high gear, with a top speed of 399 km/h. Works in Hyper Mode only.

EDIT: Both of these codes will take affect when you reach about 200 km/h in high gear.

Ok, I have tested them both on real hardware and they work!

However, around 360km/h the backgrounds start to glitch and break the game.

So, I would say the first set of codes (top speed of 345 km/h) is the one to use for a speedy driving!!

Of course that 345 km/h already requires super-human reflexes to avoid crashing into something.

Interesting that finding of yours but, in real hardware at least, Hyper mode clocks at 345 km/h. Maybe sega originally had plans to push it further but found the speed bug?

Anyway, this is it!

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (Genesis) Game Genie

RYYA-A6Y2
    Invincibility from water hazards, skull hazards, lava, traps, etc. Also gives you protection from bullets, punches, etc. You also won't die when the timer reaches zero. You may get stuck in pits if they're deep enough. Can probably use the "Press Jump to hover" code to get out.

DMBA-AA8A
    Press any button (A, B, or C) at the Lucasfilm screen for the level select menu.

6J3A-AF8J
    Jump higher.

5A3A-BV0J
    Jump much higher.

Thread Information