Quantcast

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Homebrew Release: Hangman SG

Road Rasher

It's a nice little game. Very addictive and fun. Unfortunately I ripped some of the plastic on the case when I opened the package, but that's okay. You can't play with boxes anyway.

Job well done! Looking forward to your future releases.

Got mine today. Love it
    A funny thing on my "heavily modded" Genesis 3 I don't ever loose! The hang man never shows up, works great on my other systems.

Support dra6oon & buy a standard edition copy
    http://www.segaage.com/forum/message...threadid=45894
    Last edited by edojapan76; 02-15-2011 at 09:08 PM.

Hey guys, just read all the posts in this thread (it's been a few weeks since I've been here). Anyway, here's what I have to say:

Yea, the graphics aren't the greatest, but it's fun, and everyone has been enjoying it Over time, I wouldn't mind releasing it to the public as a ROM, except for the fact that randomization through emulation isn't there. You get the first 5 or 6 phrases, then it repeats those 5 or 6 phrases. On the real hardware you actually get randomization.

This past weekend, I went to hang out with my buddy who's a huge gaming aficionado, and I brought him my copy of Hangman. He thought it was cool that I had a game made and produced, but was very skeptical on the actual game itself. He popped it into his CDX and started playing it. An hour and a half later he still wouldn't put the controller down. Him and his wife were enjoying it so much, I ended up leaving it there for them to borrow. It might not be a game that you enjoy, and I respect that. There's not 1 single game out there that pleases every single person

As for the Colin Firth coming up so much, that's strange lol. No, I'm not a fan of his, I just took a list of movies I have and picked random names off the back (or front if there were any).

As for the RPG:
    I know it's going to be a long, tedious project to get finished, but I do have somewhat of an advantage. The story that I'm using is one that I had written a few years back, just switched up from a modern lifestyle to a fantasy based idea. So, the story is really already 99% written.

Graphics, on the other hand, might prove to be a bit more of a challenge (as I've found out a lot recently, especially with the limitations of the Genesis palette). This project is being treated as if it were my own living flesh and blood, as I've already soaked over 100 hours into the development process alone (I probably put in at least 4 to 5 hours a day, every day since Hangman was finished). As for having a small team - I prefer that Matt and Mark are very helpful with production ideas and the actual production of things, as well as feedback and suggestions, as are the other 2 who are somewhat involved with the project with their suggestions and feedback. I won't discuss goals of demos and completions here, as it's all speculative and impossible to judge at this point.

Pirate Smiley Great

Dude that is amazing, I hope you continue more of these projects.
    I just have a question, were do you buy the blank cases for the cartage and the box

Quote Originally Posted by Arfa View Post
    Dude that is amazing, I hope you continue more of these projects.
    I just have a question, were do you buy the blank cases for the cartage and the box
    You will have to ask MrMark

Master of Shinobi

is this going to be publicly released now that it is no longer sold?

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    is this going to be publicly released now that it is no longer sold?
    There is a plan to offer an updated one for free download in the near future, just a few projects need to get finished up first.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert bertodecosta's Avatar

In case anyone didn't know yet,
    rom of this game is now available just for $1
    in Second Dimension shop :

http://www.second-dimension.com/store/34

Thread Information