Quantcast

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Homebrew Release: Hangman SG

will hog your hedges... Raging in the Streets djshok's Avatar

I would most definitely be interested in this if you can get sound programmed in.
    Ready to print game covers and cart labels: http://www.mediafire.com/?5gm45wyxr3xvv

Quote Originally Posted by dra600n View Post
    Sound is quite difficult to code so it might not make it in this title, unfortunately. But you are right.
    im happy to record me singing a song for you to go with it...if u were to make it available as a free download, people playing the game can play my song at the same time....thus overcoming the lack of sound within the game...

bit of lateral thinking never goes amiss eh?

(btw - i do a great YM2612 impression, so keep it in mind bro)

Quote Originally Posted by Mista_Ed View Post
    im happy to record me singing a song for you to go with it...if u were to make it available as a free download, people playing the game can play my song at the same time....thus overcoming the lack of sound within the game...

bit of lateral thinking never goes amiss eh?

(btw - i do a great YM2612 impression, so keep it in mind bro)
    That made me chuckle a bit

Anyway, I'm just waiting on confirmation if the sound driver works on the real hardware, and depending on that, the game will have sound

Is all of the hangman words based on genesis/md game name, character names, and other refferences? That would be really cool. It would almost make it into a tribute in the form of a trivia game.

There are 11 categories (Video Games, Movies, Music, Musicians, Actors, Landmarks, Geography, Dictionary, Political, Business, and Sports), with 1,000 puzzles spread out through each. Video Games has games from SEGA, NES, SNES, Wii, 360, etc. Mainly every popular console from NES upward. Movies is spread along throughout various genres, as is music and musicians (I know it sounds like a redundant category, but one is bands, and others are band members/solo artists). I added in the dictionary category for added challenge while not making it overly challenging (There's only 75 dictionary words).

Just an update - there will be background music to the game. It has been confirmed that the sound driver works on the sega genesis.

There is also only 5 spots left.

Hey dra600n. I think you should hold back releasing this so soon. You have the heart of the game programmed. Jazz up the graphics and menu, add in sound and youll have an awesome game. There are some seriously good MegaDrive programmers around these forums, speak to them for a little help.

Road Rasher

Hey dra600n,

I signed up for cart #35. Just wanted to make sure you use "i heart pizza" in the cart instead of my user handle, john8248. I'll post this on the other thread, too. Thanks again - looking forward to the game!

Hey John, I got ya in there for "I Heart Pizza"

will hog your hedges... Raging in the Streets djshok's Avatar

So, any news on whether music has been added to the final release?
    Ready to print game covers and cart labels: http://www.mediafire.com/?5gm45wyxr3xvv

Genesis

Quote Originally Posted by TmEE View Post
    This needs sound...
    While it would be nice to have sound, but I can't complain, I am happy that people are still making genesis games.
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26764&dateline=128258  8271

The game has an in-game song as well as tunes for the title screen, the win screen, and the lose screen.

Delfolto: Adam is a great addition to the homebrew community and I can tell you without a doubt that this is just a sample of bigger things to come

ToeJam is a wiener Hero of Algol Guntz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrMark0673 View Post
    The game has an in-game song as well as tunes for the title screen, the win screen, and the lose screen.

Delfolto: Adam is a great addition to the homebrew community and I can tell you without a doubt that this is just a sample of bigger things to come
    You guys are gonna release another prototype right? Hopefully it's a good one (and maybe not an RPG, got enough of those for now).

Quote Originally Posted by Guntz View Post
    You guys are gonna release another prototype right? Hopefully it's a good one (and maybe not an RPG, got enough of those for now).
    Matt and I have several unreleased prototypes that we're planning on releasing in the future, none of which are RPGs. We're also working with Adam with his homebrew projects and are super excited to work with such a talented programmer. The stuff he puts out in the future is really going to be epic, so stay tuned!

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

I just received my "Standard Edition" copy.

Bite my shiny, metal ***! Hero of Algol retrospiel's Avatar

I think this would make a nice freeware release, but for a commercial release this seems just not polished enough. I would expect at least some colors, some animation, sound effects and music, etc.

I hope that your next products will be an improvement over this one.
    Last edited by retrospiel; 02-06-2011 at 08:31 AM.
    The Mega Drive was far inferior to the NES in terms of diffusion rate and sales in the Japanese market, though there were ardent Sega users. But in the US and Europe, we knew Sega could challenge Nintendo. We aimed at dominating those markets, hiring experienced staff for our overseas department in Japan, and revitalising Sega of America and the ailing Virgin group in Europe.

Then we set about developing killer games.

- Hayao Nakayama, Mega Drive Collected Works (p. 17)

Thread Information