Quantcast

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Homebrew Release: Hangman SG

Quote Originally Posted by Christuserloeser View Post
    I think this would make a nice freeware release, but for a commercial release this seems just not polished enough. I would expect at least some colors, some animation, sound effects and music, etc.

I hope that your next products will be an improvement over this one.
    There are several songs int he game and they sound quite nice. Adam definitely has bigger things lined up for the future that I think people are really going to enjoy.

Glad people are getting their copies, it was an absolute pleasure working with Adam to get these games out to people!

Take it apart! WCPO Agent MEGADRIVE Jeroi's Avatar

This game did not impress me, sorry. It feels too weard game for the sega and it has a bit boring gfx. When I say my "be true" line it means that if the gfx is not great, then game needs to. And this one has neither of them. Also the gfx feels even worse than NES and sega is 16-bit platfrom.

I look forward for next the game tho.
    #MEGADRIVEJeroi @ Quakenet irc server.
    Be true to yourself. GFX doesn't matter, the game does. If you are intrested to donate one NTSC Genesis for hardware testing purposes, please pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by MEGADRIVE Jeroi View Post

I look forward for next the game tho.
    Well then, have a look here

http://segaage.com/forum/messageview...threadid=45643

spineless Wildside Expert Royce's Avatar

I played this game for well over an hour with my little cousins. They love this kind of game. The only problem I have with it is that Colin Firth keeps appearing as an answer. I switch to hard mode and get Colin Firth as the answer. Then I switch back to normal and I get Colin Firth. It feels like within the first five minutes of every game I get Colin Firth Someone must be a fan of the movie for Pride and Prejudice.
    Last edited by Royce; 02-07-2011 at 07:50 PM. Reason: wording

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

Lol. For me, Uganda kept coming-up as the answer. After 10,000pts, however, I probably managed to see all of the answers more than once. I actually had fun with this one too.

Loves Lori Bazzil! Raging in the Streets 108 Stars's Avatar

Hehe, I hope you don't aim for too much with an RPG right after Hangman. I can tell you out of experience it's a HUGE amount of work and took us 6 years to finish even with a rather large team for homebrews.

I wish you the best of luck though, and I am glad more people start to do new games on the Mega Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMark0673 View Post
    I look forward to playing his next game

I demand a manual next go around.

...and no donor carts or cases.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    I demand a manual next go around.

...and no donor carts or cases.
    Manuals will definitely be going out for the next game Adam does. As to donor carts and cases, we're in the process of working on that right now

Quote Originally Posted by 108 Stars View Post
    Hehe, I hope you don't aim for too much with an RPG right after Hangman. I can tell you out of experience it's a HUGE amount of work and took us 6 years to finish even with a rather large team for homebrews.

I wish you the best of luck though, and I am glad more people start to do new games on the Mega Drive.
    Definitely hear you on the amount of work it's going to take, we expect to take this one slow and steady. Watching the success of what your team pulled off with Pier Solar just shows what hard work and dedication to the system can produce and hopefully in time we can produce a product as fantastic as Pier Solar is.

Adam has a lengthy programming background which is going to be paying off for sure, and Matt and I have several hundred repros under our belts from previous projects, so we have a good foundation for what the project is going to entail. It won't be easy and it won't be quick, but we're really hoping it turns into something fantastic!

Smile

Manuals will definitely be going out for the next game Adam does. As to donor carts and cases, we're in the process of working on that right now
    You just made me very happy.

[P.S.] Any chance of a "post-release" game manual for hangman. A simple printed card would be fine (just to make my "standard" copy appear complete amongst my other genny titles. )

You just made me very happy.
    Yeah, we all hate the idea of donors too. I'm working with someone on PCBs right now, moving a little slower in the sourcing of cart shells and clamshells. I'd like to avoid paying for a mold for cart shells and clamshells and am seeing if we can find a chinese manufacturer that sells empty shells and cases, but if not we'll have to spend the $2k for a mold.

[P.S.] Any chance of a "post-release" game manual for hangman. A simple printed card would be fine (just to make my "standard" copy appear complete amongst my other genny titles. )
    How about this...

If you make one up, I'll print it and ship it over to you free of charge. What do you think?

will hog your hedges... Raging in the Streets djshok's Avatar

Sonic

I'd love to help design a simple instruction manual card for hangman.
    Ready to print game covers and cart labels: http://www.mediafire.com/?5gm45wyxr3xvv

You can put me down for one of those too. I hope to have extra cash soon, in the next week or two.
    Check out my review channel at GameFaqs here. Then feel free to leave feedback and comment here

Yeah, we all hate the idea of donors too. I'm working with someone on PCBs right now, moving a little slower in the sourcing of cart shells and clamshells. I'd like to avoid paying for a mold for cart shells and clamshells and am seeing if we can find a chinese manufacturer that sells empty shells and cases, but if not we'll have to spend the $2k for a mold.

How about this...

If you make one up, I'll print it and ship it over to you free of charge. What do you think?
    Tell you what. Make it official, check it and I'll print them myself and send them out.

Thread Information