Quantcast

Thread: Flea Market\Garage Sale - Loose cart prices

Death Adder's minion

Default Flea Market\Garage Sale - Loose cart prices

What do you guys usually pay for loose carts at garage sales or flea markets?

If I am lucky I can get them for $1 at thrift stores I go to and I am always willing to pay more for games I know are good. But what about ones you don't know?

A guy at a flea market today was selling genesis games for $5 each, I think for a game I don't know anything about that is too much.

Maybe I am just really cheap...

Angry Liberal Arts Major Hero of Algol Iron Lizard's Avatar

It depends on the game if it was PSIV or something I would pay $5 loose but something super common never. If it is good and common I would pay a buck for Sonic 3 or something like that and maybe $3 for something like a Shinobi game.

Road Rasher

My thrift stores around here sell them for $2 to $5, usually $3. It's often too much since they're always sports games, but sometimes I get a super game for that price...something worth $20 or higher or a decent 32X game, but that's pretty rare.

I paid $7 for Metroid loose at a flea market game store, and I try to hunt for the other "good" games for prices below ebay prices...around $3 preferably. Most sellers who know what they're doing charge close to ebay prices if not higher, though.

However, I'm not a "true" collector in the sense that I want ALL of the games or complete games...just the games that I play or want to play. I like my Genesis games to be complete, but they're easy to find that way compared to NES and SNES, etc. For those ones, I just collect loose carts.

around here at local stores it seems to be ebay prices or maybe a buck lower but last week i got Ristar for 15 lose and i think that was a good deal,

day dreamer Nameless One Senshi's Avatar

I bought beyond oasis out of a grab bin for $1 :-). I think you just need to know a lot about what is out there and just negotiate. Having a price guide of some sort also is very helpful.

5200 controllers repaired Master of Shinobi tz101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    My thrift stores around here sell them for $2 to $5, usually $3. It's often too much since they're always sports games...
    Usually the thrifts have not a clue on how to price sports or common games. I have told these guys that $5 is too much for Madden XX (you name the year). I normally see these setting on store shelves for half a year or more. Funny thing is that they are stubborn and will not lower their prices in the slightest.
    It is finished!

Super Robot Raging in the Streets Obviously's Avatar

Most flea markets I go to have loose carts around $2-3 and boxed games for around $5.

I remember years ago getting Castlevania Bloodlines and Herzog Zwei for $2 a piece. That was a good day.

Remember. It's a flea market not a retail store. Don't be afraid to haggle with them.
    Last edited by Obviously; 01-15-2011 at 05:47 PM.

Road Rasher

I picked up 3 Sega CD games for $25 a few weeks ago at a Flea Market. Kinda high but they were all in excellent shape

Thread Information