Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Good deals or not?

  1. #1
    Nameless One wargod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Good deals or not?

    I was wondering if the following prices are fair for the items below, not including shipping. Figure an additional $8-$10 each on shipping. Assume all consoles to be at least an 8/10 for cosmetic condition, all work fine, and all accessories are OEM with the Genesis controllers being the 3 button.

    1.) VA0, VA1 or VA1.8 Genesis 2, with 1 controller, power supply, TV hook ups: $20

    2.) VA3 or VA4 mobo Genesis 2, with 1 controller, power supply, stereo composite AV cable: $25

    3.) Genesis model 1 (non HD) with VA7 mobo, with 1 controller, power supply, mono cable (yellow/white) TV hook up: $20

    4.) Genesis model 1 (non HD) with VA6 or VA6.8 mobo, with 1 controller, power supply, mono (yellow/white) cable tv hook up: $25

    5.) SNES, with 2 controllers, composite A/V cable, and power supply: $30

    6.) NES w/ new 72 pin, with 2 controllers, RF tv hook up, power supply, and Super Mario Bros/Duckhunt game: $40

    7.) N64 with 1 controller, composite AV cable, and power supply: $30

    8.) Sony Playstation 1 with 1 controller, power cord, composite AV cable: $15

  2. #2
    Road Rasher
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    430
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    These look pretty good to me. I think there are two things I'd mention, though. I've noticed that Model 2's rarely go for over $10 plus shipping, but if you can get $20+ that's great. Also, the average person on ebay doesn't know or care about which revision these things are...so a VA7 is not less valuable to most people than any other Model 1...so I wouldn't necessarily sell it any cheaper. Sure, you could mention it's a VA7 but most wouldn't care.

    I've got three N64s (just like yours) listed right now for BIN of $25 each...I didn't think they would go for $30...just posted them last night, so we'll see.

    Also, I think you may have to go to $10 for the PS1 due to the shipping cost...they're kinda heavy.

    Good luck!

  3. #3
    Road Rasher Sparksterz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Webster, NY
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wargod View Post
    I was wondering if the following prices are fair for the items below, not including shipping. Figure an additional $8-$10 each on shipping. Assume all consoles to be at least an 8/10 for cosmetic condition, all work fine, and all accessories are OEM with the Genesis controllers being the 3 button.

    1.) VA0, VA1 or VA1.8 Genesis 2, with 1 controller, power supply, TV hook ups: $20

    2.) VA3 or VA4 mobo Genesis 2, with 1 controller, power supply, stereo composite AV cable: $25

    3.) Genesis model 1 (non HD) with VA7 mobo, with 1 controller, power supply, mono cable (yellow/white) TV hook up: $20

    4.) Genesis model 1 (non HD) with VA6 or VA6.8 mobo, with 1 controller, power supply, mono (yellow/white) cable tv hook up: $25

    5.) SNES, with 2 controllers, composite A/V cable, and power supply: $30

    6.) NES w/ new 72 pin, with 2 controllers, RF tv hook up, power supply, and Super Mario Bros/Duckhunt game: $40

    7.) N64 with 1 controller, composite AV cable, and power supply: $30

    8.) Sony Playstation 1 with 1 controller, power cord, composite AV cable: $15
    The only one that I think may be a little high is the NES It's actual value is probably around $30-$35. For some reason the new 72 pin connectors seem to almost add little to no value when it comes to resale. Everything else looks good though!
    Kiosk Documenting in progress!
    Sega Genesis w/DS-16 Pics uploaded Rough Video
    Xbox Kiosk Pics uploaded
    PS1 Kiosk Pics uploaded

  4. #4
    Road Rasher
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    430
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    People will ruin the new 72-pin connector in the NES with their nasty games anyways :-/ I'll be selling me extra one and will included some Weiman's ceramic top cleaner so that they can clean their games before defiling it....

  5. #5
    Nameless One wargod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Thanks for the feedback guys! I've got some systems here that I need to unload. I just put together 5 NES last night with new 72 pins and disabled the lockout chip and they work perfect. Yoder, if you could let me know how long it takes to unload the N64's at $25 a pop, that would be great. Have you found a way to fix the loose N64 thumb sticks other than using the tape method? I can tell the difference between one that has the tape mod done to it and one that doesn't, so I'm hesitant on selling N64 controllers that don't have the thumbstick completely refurbished with a new one.

    Anyone know of a place that sells N64 thumbsticks at a good price?

  6. #6
    Road Rasher Sparksterz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Webster, NY
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wargod View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys! I've got some systems here that I need to unload. I just put together 5 NES last night with new 72 pins and disabled the lockout chip and they work perfect. Yoder, if you could let me know how long it takes to unload the N64's at $25 a pop, that would be great. Have you found a way to fix the loose N64 thumb sticks other than using the tape method? I can tell the difference between one that has the tape mod done to it and one that doesn't, so I'm hesitant on selling N64 controllers that don't have the thumbstick completely refurbished with a new one.

    Anyone know of a place that sells N64 thumbsticks at a good price?
    Haven't bought from them myself but:
    This doesn't look too bad
    Kiosk Documenting in progress!
    Sega Genesis w/DS-16 Pics uploaded Rough Video
    Xbox Kiosk Pics uploaded
    PS1 Kiosk Pics uploaded

  7. #7
    Nameless One wargod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Thanks for the link. The thumb sticks seem to be going for $10 shipped a piece. (unless purchased in mass bulk) Whole controllers sell for $15 shipped, so if someone has a broken controller they are looking to fix and sell, it's hard to justify fixing it because after paypal, shipping, and ebay fees there's not really any profit to be made.

  8. #8
    Road Rasher
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    430
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    No, it doesn't pay to re-do the controllers unless they're your own. I don't buy totally flopped over ones and definitely wouldn't sell them unless they're a "bonus"...I'll accept a little bit of play and I assume that most people are aware of it or don't notice it if the controller works fine. I haven't taped them or anything...just selling as is, but they're all perfectly playable.

    The first N64 just sold and it took less than two days. I have three more up there :-) Not sure where I got all of those things either!

  9. #9
    Nameless One wargod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    No, it doesn't pay to re-do the controllers unless they're your own. I don't buy totally flopped over ones and definitely wouldn't sell them unless they're a "bonus"...I'll accept a little bit of play and I assume that most people are aware of it or don't notice it if the controller works fine. I haven't taped them or anything...just selling as is, but they're all perfectly playable.

    The first N64 just sold and it took less than two days. I have three more up there :-) Not sure where I got all of those things either!
    For shipping using USPS Parcel, I noticed that it says up to 70 pounds with no more than 130 inches in combined length and girth. I take it that is supposed to mean length PLUS girth, not length MULTIPLIED by girth, correct? Where Length = longest side of parcel and Girth = the distance measured around the thickest part of the parcel?

  10. #10
    Road Rasher
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    430
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Yes, it should be the sum of all the sides...UPS does that too. I found out yesterday that parcel post uses the zip to calculate rates. I don't think 1st class does it that way though.

    BTW, I sold all four N64s in 1.5 to 3 days...$25 for the basic ones and $35 for the one with the expansion pak. One controller included with each. You can probably get $5 more. I was pricing them sort of aggressively to clear them out.

    Now I can buy some games I want :-) Or maybe the Super Everdrive.... Or a working Model 1 Sega CD. Or mod my Saturn and get a memory card. So many choices!

    Good luck!

  11. #11
    Nameless One wargod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quick question that I figured I'd tag onto this thread......will a Sega CD or Saturn game ship fine in a 6.5x10 bubble mailer or do I need to go bigger?

  12. #12
    ToeJam is a wiener Hero of Algol Guntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    27
    Posts
    8,522
    Rep Power
    83

    Default

    Please use a box with packing material...

  13. #13
    ToeJam is a wiener Hero of Algol Guntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    27
    Posts
    8,522
    Rep Power
    83

    Default

    Please use a box with bubble wrap, it's the only assured way...

  14. #14
    I'm a orange werewolf!!! Road Rasher Sly Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    If you discovered me, I will rip you apart...
    Age
    27
    Posts
    420
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    ^ I argee with guntz, Sega CD and Saturn cases are damn hard to replace due to fact that they don't make them anymore. Using bubble mailer is very riskly due to fact that case can break very easy.

    Please use a box with bubble wrap or packing material, it's the only assured way...


    P.S. Mr.Smith, your guts is STILL mine! As a orange werewolf, I should rip out your guts the most painful way that you'll ever imagine! I guarantee this will happen one day! I should eat it like a king.

  15. #15
    Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southwest USA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,319
    Rep Power
    71

    Default

    ++ to the packing SegaCD games carefully. I've gotten so many in bubble mailers that get cracked, even after I specifically ask them to pack them securely in a box, and then I need to go back and forth about getting it resolved.

    What I have seen people do though is put them in like a small shipping box from the post office and pad it, and then stick that in a larger bubble mailer to save money. I've never really had issues with those.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •