Quantcast

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When you buy games: Complete Box /w Manual, or just Cartridge only?

Death Adder's minion

Default When you buy games: Complete Box /w Manual, or just Cartridge only?

Just as the title says,

are you a completionist who requires every game you purchase come with manual and protective box, or are you one who is fine with just having the game and an 'ol shoebox or what have you?

I like saving space, so i much prefer cart only.

Actually, whenever i go on ebay, i search for cart only.

5200 controllers repaired Master of Shinobi tz101's Avatar

Whatever I find at the thrifts and yard sales.

Actually, loose cart isn't so bad due to space limitations. All my loose carts get stored in cassette tape drawer storage bins for neatness.

Sometimes I piece together CIB by picking up a loose cart here and a clamshell there.
    It is finished!

What ever i can find. I prefer CIB but if i see a good gamer loose i cant just leave it.

Creator of the Mega Amp Raging in the Streets Ace's Avatar

Cartridge only or complete in box, it doesn't matter. I do put higher priority on complete in box games, but if the box is missing, I don't mind.
    HATES ATGAMES WITH A PASSION

Mega Amp: An all-new audio circuit for your Sega Genesis/MegaDrive and clones.

Note: If you want to contact me on Skype, identify yourself or your contact request will be rejected.

I prefer boxed or CIB but I won't pass up on a loose cart if it's a game I really want to play.

Mini 1000 Nameless One puddingdragon's Avatar

it all depends on where im buying from. ebay cib only,places like goodwill ill take what i can find.

I don't care really. I just want to play the game. If the CIB version is just a little more I'll go for it.

I only buy CIB. To me the carts are absolutely worthless. I barely ever play anything anymore (perhaps 1 hour a month, if even that). I just collect everything these days. Though, oddly enough, I still buy certain games based on how fun they appear to be to play. I guess it's just a vestige of my gaming past - desires long abandoned.
    Be Attitude For Gains!

Death Adder's minion

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceFlea View Post
    I only buy CIB. To me the carts are absolutely worthless. I barely ever play anything anymore (perhaps 1 hour a month, if even that). I just collect everything these days. Though, oddly enough, I still buy certain games based on how fun they appear to be to play. I guess it's just a vestige of my gaming past - desires long abandoned.
    That sounds so sad I'm 22 and slowly i'm losing my interest in gaming, but here and there I get surges like my recent newfound interest in Genesis which is why i'm here. However I can feel ya though. I hope my interest wanes slowly and not a complete and instant death haha

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

I must have it all. It must have be Mint CIB, including the hanging tab (emphasis on Mint CIB.... + hanging tab! ). There must be a minimum of mint cart, case, insert and manual (and a map or hint book whenever they were included).

Depends what it is. Prefer to have the cases and manuals for almost all MD/Gen games but if it's really cheap / rare, unofficial / chinese original / y'arr, or just a thing I want to play that I happen to see, I'll buy carts. I keep most of them in shoeboxes anyway. It annoys me when I buy shoes that come without boxes for this reason (three damn pairs since winter started and NONE of them had boxes) but that's a different matter.

Loose retail cds = not much point - just as well burn one yourself. It'd bother me to buy (almost) anything for PS2 or newer without a case & manual.

My snes collection is almost all loose carts, because I haven't the time, money or inclination to try and find cardboard cases that aren't destroyed. Same goes for a few other things - but I'm even boring myself, now ;P

Super Sexy Sega Master of Shinobi cowboyscowboys's Avatar

I have to have CIB if not I will sell the cart only and use that money towards CIB.

YouTube Retro Gamer Sports Talker XFile2708's Avatar

Preferably CIB - once I have the full PAL collection then I'll be hunting out any missing manuals so they're all boxed and complete with instructions
    Checkout my Retro Gaming channel on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/XFile2708

Thread Information