Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turbo Graphics16/Turbo Duo/Pcengine etc.Vs Sega Genesis +Sega cd.

Master of Shinobi ary incorparated's Avatar

Turbo Graphics16/Turbo Duo/Pcengine etc.Vs Sega Genesis +Sega cd.

Which system is the best in your uppinion.?
    Last edited by ary incorparated; 08-17-2006 at 02:54 PM.

Raging in the Streets

Apples or oranges - which is the better fruit?

Oranges - muffins taste great if you use orange peel on a grater and also small bits from coconuts.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Snes vs genesis told else,it leaded to some fanboy fueding and yeah reasons why,hmm i choose oranges Fanta is better then applejuic,in this story which system is teh oprnage and which the aple?.

Okay shal i start the Lords of thunder sega cd TG 16,i prefer sega cd version over the nec version why,because everything sead about the sega cd version as negative is complete bull to me the msuci is good the animations are better,washed?what is washed on sega cd fuller thats the right word offcourse its washed if you play it with an RF switch,8 bit vs 16,i like the sega cd music of LOT very much and i aint complaining maybe the diffrence is very little.Snatcher TG16 or sega CD this one i leave to you?.see discussion can be made offcourse it stay uppinions but ehy thats why these threads are for fotr youre uppinion.TG16 vs megadrive
    Devilcrush Genesis in every single point.graphics sound gameplay bit the same but stil good,Dynastic heroes vs wonderboy genesis version easy in the hand and very good controls,Srip fighter vs eternal chapions ehem EC.street fighter 2 TG16.overall i choose genesis above the TG16 and sega cd above TG16 cd/trubo duo.so and ill bet there are people that think elseways.
    Last edited by ary incorparated; 08-17-2006 at 03:05 PM.

There is a thread like this going over on the Turbo forums that I visit (also comparing it technically to the SNES). I love both the Turbo CD and Sega + CD.

thats fair huh TG16 comparing to snes man its an 8 bit machine technically it wouldnt come far it has about the same processor same pallet as a megadrive im stil wandering how can i surpass a genesis whit much weaker stuff in it.

I found the site but it was to chaotik to realy enjoy it.BTW a TG16 is even less powerfull the a genesis,it has the same pallet weaker processors and can do better?why that.

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

I love both Turbo CD and Sega CD. Sega CD has a clear edge in power, was much more popular in the US, and had more releases here, but I'd rank Turbo CD a smidge above it in overall library. On the hypothetical day (that will never come) that I finally own every 16-bit game I want, I will own more Turbografx discs than Genesis discs (but combined with the carts/cards, more Genesis games overall). I think it's because Sega never attempted to position Sega CD as anything more than a secondary product of theirs, whereas NEC/Hudson were concentrated on the CD side of things later in the Turbo's life.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

Proud 16-bit War Veteran ESWAT Veteran David J.'s Avatar

To be honest... I've never really looked much into the Turbo, but I like what I have seen, and while I won't deny it is a great system, there's a lot more on the Genesis that I like.

So, the Sega systems win for me. FWIW, I do not use my Sega CD consoles alot, and I agree with j_factor on the fact that Sega positioned the Sega CD as a secondary system.
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

nes x-men nes x-men nes x-men

For me Sega cd above the system first genesis upgraded ports and second familiar games Snatcher Lunar Pofull mail Silpheed Night trap Lords of thunder Road avenger Sonic Cd terminator Final fight cd Tomcat alley Eternal champions cd annet fututabi and Bari Bari arms Batman returns Batman and robin Keio flying dragon and a few more,and for tG 16 cd or Tg duo Castelvania the bonks games Dynastic heros Wings of thunder lords of thunder Streetfighter CE,and that was it for what i know.I know one thing and thats that sega cd is better for me,genesis is almost to clearly better then the Tg16 music wise and graphic wise.And another thing 400+ colors yeah right ive only seen the PC98 done it TG16 Turbo duo hell no same as genesis kind of and somethimes even uglyer man look at Strip fighter blech.

Quote Originally Posted by David J.
    To be honest... I've never really looked much into the Turbo, but I like what I have seen, and while I won't deny it is a great system, there's a lot more on the Genesis that I like.

So, the Sega systems win for me. FWIW, I do not use my Sega CD consoles alot, and I agree with j_factor on the fact that Sega positioned the Sega CD as a secondary system.
    Ill think so to,but that cause Tg cd was better then the Tg16 they both had those ugly crap looking 8 bit games but on the other side theyve also got dracula x and stuff still snes looks better snes uses transparacies more colors overal and almost hasnt got games that use shitty 8 bit graphics 2the time,to realy desipher on the fact Tg16 uses 512 colors in screen so what they almost fale when comparing the sega cd,Tg16 ports in the graphic and sound departhment.Im going to buy myself a PC engine someday and a TG duo or cd,but damn theres to much of that unfamiliar stuff ill bet its great and somethimes creeping strange way surpasses genesis and snes in graphics but ill have to try it out somethime ill bet ill have a great time with it.
    Last edited by ary incorparated; 08-18-2006 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor
    I love both Turbo CD and Sega CD. Sega CD has a clear edge in power, was much more popular in the US, and had more releases here, but I'd rank Turbo CD a smidge above it in overall library. On the hypothetical day (that will never come) that I finally own every 16-bit game I want, I will own more Turbografx discs than Genesis discs (but combined with the carts/cards, more Genesis games overall). I think it's because Sega never attempted to position Sega CD as anything more than a secondary product of theirs, whereas NEC/Hudson were concentrated on the CD side of things later in the Turbo's life.
    I agree, Sega CD is MUCH more powerful then the Tg-16 (sprite scaling/rotations etc.), but there are so many crappy games for the Sega Cd that really bring the qulity of its library down. The Tg-16 Cd librarary (while small in the US), is full with alot of good titles, (Very few FMV games).
    Proud Owner of the Following Sega Hardware: 1-Master System, 3-Genesis Model1's, 5-Genesis Model2's, 1-Sega CD Model1, 1-Sega CD Model2, 5-32x's, 1-Nomad, 2 Saturn Model1's, 1 Saturn Model2, 1 Dreamcast, 1 Sega Sports Dreamcast

LaZer Dork Sports Talker Keranu's Avatar

I'm a huge Turbo fan, so I'm going to avoid wars here (I know how well Sega and Turbo fans get along ), so I'll just briefly post my opinion.

I prefer Genesis cartridge games over Turbo Grafx 16 HuCards, though I still love HuCards.

I prefer Turbo Grafx CD and Super CD games over Sega CD games, though I still love Sega CD games and find it to be a pretty underrated system. I even like the FMV games!

I prefer TG16+CD/Duo over Genesis+CD overall.

i have and like both the genesis has more cart games i like then turbo's hucard games but with cd i have to go with the turbo duo it has more games that i like then the sega cd

im not a graphics whore like ary incorparated is all i care about is if the game is fun that all

Thread Information