Quantcast

Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 28687475767778
Results 1,156 to 1,160 of 1160

Thread: The Sega Saturn Mega Thread

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

I still don't have enough posts to post my own thread, so I had to necro this old thread to ask my question.

Has anyone had luck with replacement conductive pads (like these) for your Saturn controllers? A few of my controllers are feeling a bit squishy and unresponsive, so I'm wondering if it might be time to swap out the pads. I know it's an easy install, but is it worth it?

Death Bringer ESWAT Veteran Black_Tiger's Avatar

Yes, it's worth it. Some of the pads I've replaced were falling apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Great, thanks. I went ahead and ordered a few sets.

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

On that note, I ordered some for a Super Nintendo controller of mine that is somewhat unresponsive, and as fortune would have it, one of the screws in the controller is completely stripped, so that even the rubber band and super glue techniques can't turn it out. Reverse-threaded drill bits are also a no-go, and the screw is too deep for any available extractor bits. To the "later" pile with it.
    - Where it's always 1995 (or so).

End of line.. Shining Hero gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin Z View Post
    On that note, I ordered some for a Super Nintendo controller of mine that is somewhat unresponsive, and as fortune would have it, one of the screws in the controller is completely stripped, so that even the rubber band and super glue techniques can't turn it out. Reverse-threaded drill bits are also a no-go, and the screw is too deep for any available extractor bits. To the "later" pile with it.
    I run into network racks all of the time, where some dumbass used a drill to install the screws. The screws are so tight that the heads end up getting stripped. I basically take a drill bit that is slightly smaller than the base of the screw and drill right into it. The head of the screw will fall off and then you can remove whatever it's holding down.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Thread Information