Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the Frequency, Kenneth? Vol. 1

Do you have TP??? Raging in the Streets Cornholio857's Avatar

Probably not. That's just my opinion though.

The special-needs snowman Raging in the Streets Olls's Avatar

How are these things still selling? Especially the PC collections. I got this latest one just for shits and giggles, and man, was it bad. The menu looks cheap, there is nothing to configure and the emulation isn't even consistent.
    Free emulation over Sega milking out what's left of their fanbase any day.

Still not afraid of Y2K Shining Hero Rusty Venture's Avatar

Does SEGA get a 5% profit bonus for including "Flicky" in every comp they squeeze out?

Join the USA/NZ strike force team!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantar View Post
    a swedish android, awakened by the touch of Raśl Julia...

Has anyone noticed that they are now selling downloadable Genesis games on Amazon? http://www.amazon.com/SEGA-40557Flic...4865986&sr=1-4

2.99 seems like a bit much for Flicky eh?
    Last edited by Nobi; 05-08-2011 at 11:05 AM.
    I don't play old stuff for nostalgia, I play old stuff because the games are better.
    -Drakon

What the hell? 15 MB download for Flicky? Must have an installer package and the Emulator and everything built in as a single file. That's very interesting.
    Last edited by oldskool; 05-09-2011 at 01:09 AM.
    MY SEGAS
    [Model 1 Sega CD x 5] [Model 1 HD Genesis w/Component Video] [Model 2 Genesis] [32X CIB] [Master System Model 3010] [Nomad w/LCD mod] [Dreamcast] [Saturn] [Game Gear]

The Shadow knows Road Rasher Allard's Avatar

I partially agree with this one. New games need to be re-released (Sonic CD and Eternal Champions: CFTDS, dammit!), but releasing this collection is not "YET ANOTHER REHASH". Why? Because this is like third time compilation like that comes for PC (and previous ones were Sega Smash Pack and Sonic Gems Collection). Not all people have current or previous-gen consoles, y'know. They didn't make "Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection" for PC (although that one would be better), so it's good that we at least have this one. Half of this article is wrong just for not realizing it.
    Last edited by Allard; 05-09-2011 at 12:18 AM.

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

Yup. I feel pretty much the same way as I do with every re-release of any sort. But that's probably another topic.

Agree with Joe. What we need is an arcade-perfect collection (and not just a couple of light gunners, I want to see at least 20 games or more on it). Maybe many volumes.

...in the mean time, I'm off to purchase Data East Arcade Classics

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Agreed! I want to see Knuckles' Chaotix re-released already!
    They can't Along with the Arcade one because of Mighty. I believe the creator of him left Sega and would not let them use him again. Mighty does not appear in Sonic X TV series yet the rest of the Chaotix cast do.

Though Sega xcould get round this just by Editing the Mighty Sprite to Sonic he is nearly just Sonic Painted Red. For the Arcade game they could just remove him and make it two players only instead of three.

Sega have Edited Sprites Before for Rereleases. Revenge of Shinobi on Wii the Spiderman boss is now Pink. Arcade Shinobi XBLA port the Marylin Monroe Posters was Removed and the Spider Man like Enemy changed Colour. Though they is no edits to that game on the 360/Ps3 Collection Disc that came out first.

I do wish sega would try to Bring out a collection of the Sega Ages games outside japan they would probally all fit onto a 360/ Ps3 disc as well and most would not need to be localised at all because they was years ago for the original versions.

Odd that no Wonder Boy games are not on any Collection though. Lots of rating Sites showed up a rating for Monsters World 4 for PSN and XBLA.

The Shadow knows Road Rasher Allard's Avatar

Odd that no Wonder Boy games are not on any Collection though. Lots of rating Sites showed up a rating for Monsters World 4 for PSN and XBLA.
    Actually this one has Wonder Boy 3.

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    ...in the mean time, I'm off to purchase Data East Arcade Classics
    Came close to buying this, because my son and I both love Joe & Mac. But I heard this comp wasn't very good (from Melf, among others).

I'll be curious how you find it.

Great article. I agree, they should make a Sega CD compilation disc. I would love that!

will hog your hedges... Raging in the Streets djshok's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Acidonia View Post
    They can't Along with the Arcade one because of Mighty. I believe the creator of him left Sega and would not let them use him again. Mighty does not appear in Sonic X TV series yet the rest of the Chaotix cast do.
    I don't know if that's true. I read somewhere that it was just a rumor and he might be making a reappearance in some games. Though that article didn't site any sources either. Also, weren't there some unlockable images of Mighty in Sonic Gems Collection?
    Ready to print game covers and cart labels: http://www.mediafire.com/?5gm45wyxr3xvv

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    Came close to buying this, because my son and I both love Joe & Mac. But I heard this comp wasn't very good (from Melf, among others).

I'll be curious how you find it.
    I have the Data East collection and thought it was worth the money I paid for it. Besides Caveman Ninja (Joe & Mac), it also includes Crude Buster (aka Two Crude Dudes). I never played that on Genesis, so it was a treat when I played it here. Magic Drop III is a very cool puzzle game, the game was worth the price alone! Street Hoop is pretty cool as well. Sort of like NBA Jam.

Jizzed in my pants... NOT Raging in the Streets M4R14NO94's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djshok View Post
    I don't know if that's true. I read somewhere that it was just a rumor and he might be making a reappearance in some games. Though that article didn't site any sources either. Also, weren't there some unlockable images of Mighty in Sonic Gems Collection?
    Yes, there were. Although I believe there were three: one of Mighty himself, the other one with the rest of the Chaotix team and the final one being a part of the Japanese boxart.
    Links and stuffz:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/LanceBoyle94
    www.youtube.com/user/M4R14NO94
    http://lanceboyles.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by "Weird Al" Yankovic (on the AL-TV "interview" with Kevin Federline)
    Really? You mean like if someone got right up on your face and said that you're an IGNORANT, NO-TALENT WHITE TRASH, FORTUNE SQUANDERING VANILLA ICE WANNABE LOSER, you'd be okay with that?

Anyone picked up the Genesis collection they released a while back for PS3/360? I was considering picking it up for my PS3.

Thread Information