Quantcast

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Road Rash

Master of Shinobi ary incorparated's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 16bitter
    Busted. SO busted.

I wonder if j_factor still has his Lilith Fair ticket stubs?

???? whats are those lilith fair tickets.
    Last edited by ary incorparated; 08-29-2006 at 03:12 PM.

Wildside Expert

I loved the first two games, and being an early genesis owner I was ecstatic the machine was getting some games to attract attention. The year of Road Rash was a good one for many reasons.

I didn't play Road Rash 3 or the CD version until much later after the system's demise and don't really feel like I missed much, the Playstation version was okay but going from memory (1995'ish) the 3DO version was smoother but graphics were a bit rougher.

It all went down hill during the transition to 3D as with a lot of older titles. While Road Rash Jailbreak controlled and played extremely well, Road Rash 3D's controls were sloppy.... the whole game felt like it had this ridiculous budget for presentation and someone added the controls as an afterthought.

In trying to give it proper credit, I think the feel of the game was so radically altered when it moved to 3D I just couldn't get my head around how it felt and tried to play it like the older games. I always felt like I was in a state of over-correction.

Proud 16-bit War Veteran ESWAT Veteran David J.'s Avatar

This game could easily work well in 3D... if it doesn't run at five frames per second and looks like complete ass. Skitchin could even work also...

A lot of the games that get translated to 3D that are bad, could actually be decent.
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

nes x-men nes x-men nes x-men

Quote Originally Posted by David J.
    This game could easily work well in 3D... if it doesn't run at five frames per second and looks like complete ass. Skitchin could even work also...

A lot of the games that get translated to 3D that are bad, could actually be decent.
    M8 Skitching is already in 3d on the Psx.Yes the meg drive owns Ea,s best franchise in their way 5 frames per second,hard to say road rash 3 was pretty much bitsy faster, I think that one would do 5 frames,road rash 3 was a bit to late released 1995 if i recall, but still great i dont understand why everybody hates this game, this was the first road rash who set straight the good Rock and roll theme, man the Italian metallized song is hilarious. Maybe because the game needed more depth,still i love that game and recall it as one of the best. Road rash on PC that one was crap Photo images and bass music total crap,I have to agree with Joe that the 3do version did a nice job.
    Last edited by ary incorparated; 08-31-2006 at 03:17 PM.

Devil In A Midnight Mass WCPO Agent Flash1087's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David J.

Oooh, Skitchin'...any plans by anyone to review that one?

already did and ive sented it to melf.

Poor Melf.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash1087
    Great, here come the "MELISSA ETHERIDGE HELPED COMPOSE FOR ROAD RASH!" rumors. It's Michael Jackson's Sonic 3 all over again.
    Hey now, there were some similarities!
    Sega CDX
    Currently Reviewing: Editing/Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective
    On Deck: Night Trap
    Next Purchase: Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego?

Devil In A Midnight Mass WCPO Agent Flash1087's Avatar

Yeah...but it's still weird to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer
    Poor Melf.
    Why poor melf,its been written trough Microsoft word DUDE,that you couldnt come up with that,you have to know that word exist?.just wait and see.And i know you cant do a better job desiphering in dutch so please...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer
    Poor Melf.
    Why?.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smith
    Apparently there was a port to the gameboy advance in 2004.
    Yes Jailbreak i played it,it had no background sound or something but dont know for shure,its worth a micro with some other titles,i actually dont like GBA at all,it has so many casual games and the sound is mostly awfull and to to short,or they mostly used Recorded files like in Gekido.Metal slug advanced is okay,Gunstar,Road rash,and tekken further its kind of crap.
    Last edited by ary incorparated; 09-03-2006 at 08:03 PM.

Welcome to the next level Road Rasher GEN ESIS GAMER's Avatar

I like road rash it is very addictive and can keep you glued to you'r seat.

I've been playing Road Rash on and off for a couple of months now and it's curious to realize after you grow up and - hopefully - becomes more mature and wise, that some of your childhood "classics" aren't really all that good to begin with.

I have to play this in very short bursts or else I get bored or frustrated ( and sometimes both ). I'm not even sure I have the energy to finish this thing.

Thankfully, there's always Super Hang-On to return to.
    [ QCF, HCB + K ]

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bottino View Post
    I've been playing Road Rash on and off for a couple of months now and it's curious to realize after you grow up and - hopefully - becomes more mature and wise, that some of your childhood "classics" aren't really all that good to begin with.

I have to play this in very short bursts or else I get bored or frustrated ( and sometimes both ). I'm not even sure I have the energy to finish this thing.

Thankfully, there's always Super Hang-On to return to.
    I know what you mean. I picked up RRII a month or so ago and have found myself dipping in and out of it since it can be frustrating with the oncoming traffic, which is apparently random. One of those plus a crest and I wipe out yet again, so...

There is a pretty strong catch-up mechanic in play here though, which helps to take the edge off at least: crash then rejoin the race and find you're never really too far behind your opponents - but multiple fuck-ups will of course still earn you a sometimes undeserved loss.

Some of the bikes in II are too slippery (and slow) to be bothered worth using, they're just distractions from the real deal. Fair enough.

I've got no qualms about difficult games, but in this one I feel I've come off the bike a little more than I should have. Ultimately I would rather spend time with VR or Road Blasters.

Thread Information