Quantcast

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Road Rash

Banned by Administrators

I don't know what both of you guys are talking about? I never played this series much outside of a few runs of Road Rash II in the past at a friends house, but not too long ago I decided to give this series a serious go and was so freaking hooked. Played and beat the fist Road Rash, then moved on to Road Rash 2, beat it too. Then moved on to Road Rash III and ... man, this game is HARD!! lol, made it up to getting the last bike I think? But that one stage I was at that felt like the last stage was a freaking nightmare in difficulty, lol. Eventually I threw in the towel. Pathetic I know, but I am to get my revenge anyways during when I need my next Road Rash fix.

Maybe you guys played these games too much in the past and because of that you guys are having a though time returning to them? I know this feeling to be true and it does make returning to some games much harder since you do know it inside and out. And if this is so, it's not really the fault of the game.

Also, games aren't that hard since you can abuse their RPG aspects. As long as your making some money, you can always upgrade to victory (especially if you buy properly and skip a few bikes, then it becomes a breeze). Well, all accept the 3rd one, where the devs finally caught on and gave us a real challenge. You've finally got your superbike? Well, you still have to earn that ending. So yeah, part of the fun in Road Rash is that it's a cruise 'em up... er, racer.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Yohko16's Avatar

The original Mega Drive Road Rash games are lot of fun and impressive with their full scaling game engine! The frame rate might be average (dunno, around 15-20 FPS?) but they're still totally playable (I discovered them only a few months ago and I had a blast!). I mean, if such frame rate would be an issue, then you could throw 90% Amiga games out of the window and same for about 30% of the SNES library!

Talking about the Amiga, it has a port of the first Road Rash but it pales compared to the original Mega Drive version. The Amiga port lacks real scaling and has rather dull music. Also it seems slower despite having a simpler scaling. Here is a side-by-side comparison video:

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

The Road Rash trilogy on the Mega Drive are just some of the most fun games you're ever likely to play. These games combine racing with beat-'em-up action and great music. I've been playing through all three of them on and off since I was a kid, and they never get old.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Yohko16's Avatar

Indeed! Some crazy things happen in these games and some moments had me literally laughing out loud

These games were also innovative for their time but the Mega Drive often delivered new experiences in a way or another (Sonic, Herzog Zwei, Haunting, Ecco...) which is another reason why it's such an important system.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    The Road Rash trilogy on the Mega Drive are just some of the most fun games you're ever likely to play. These games combine racing with beat-'em-up action and great music. I've been playing through all three of them on and off since I was a kid, and they never get old.
    I agree with you there

Thread Information