Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody had a long gaming hiatus?

Last three years of school up until first year of uni I played very few games, just occasional PC game / flashcrap to waste time. More free time & student loan resulted in me getting a Gamecube, and then realising how cheap "retro" stuff had become everywhere. That is what made me start collecting, & enjoying games again.

I haven't played as many older games as I've bought recently though, whenever I get the chance its almost exclusively lazy arse Wiiware / VC games. :/

Outrunner

I didn't play that much in college, especially the latter years. It really was only two years ago that I started getting really back into the retro scene. Before that it was more sporadic.

Yes. I just got back into the Genesis and SNES earlier this year and prior to that I hadnt played a Genesis/Snes game in like 8 years. After the PS2's life started winding down I didnt play anything,

Road Rasher

Well I've been reliably informed my SNES still exists at my great grandmothers house! She'd told me a while back she'd chucked a load of my old stuff out I'd left there so I assumed that also included the SNES. Lets hope its not yellowed. Yeuch

Regarding what I've been really enjoying about collecting older systems, and the games I tend to gravitate toward is there just so quick pick up and play. Still get a quick fix gaming buzz but time to get on with other stuff. Recent consoles seem choc full of options, GUI's and updates that can (not always mind) waste a lot of time.

Thread Information