Quantcast

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacement printable covers for cardboard boxed games

will hog your hedges... Raging in the Streets djshok's Avatar

Hey, I'm glad you like the covers and find them useful.

Quote Originally Posted by andyk250 View Post
    Hi djshok.
    Where do you get your Genesis-style clamshells? Do you just repurpose cases from copies of Shaq Fu, or is there a place online to get new clamshells?
    That. Except not Shaq-Fu because that's an EA game. EA games came in different clamshells that held the slightly larger EA carts. You'll want to buy cheap sports games that were not made by Electronic Arts to ensure that you get the proper sized clamshell.

Hi djshok.
    Is there any chance you will make a Beyond Oasis that uses the actual North American or European artwork? Or, do you purposefully avoid doing exact reproductions because of the chances they could be used for counterfeits?
    I make them based on availability of scans. For these covers to work I need high quality scans saved at at least 300 dpi. As you can imagine these aren't always available for obsure vintage games that came in soft cardboard boxes. So I work with whatever artwork is available.
    Ready to print game covers and cart labels: http://www.mediafire.com/?5gm45wyxr3xvv

Quote Originally Posted by djshok View Post
    That. Except not Shaq-Fu because that's an EA game. EA games came in different clamshells that held the slightly larger EA carts. You'll want to buy cheap sports games that were not made by Electronic Arts to ensure that you get the proper sized clamshell.
    Would an EA case work for something odd-sized like Sonic and Knuckles?

I make them based on availability of scans. For these covers to work I need high quality scans saved at at least 300 dpi. As you can imagine these aren't always available for obsure vintage games that came in soft cardboard boxes. So I work with whatever artwork is available.
    I can provide a scan of my Beyond Oasis box if you're up for doing something with it. Either way, thanks!

I'm giving djshok an internet high-five right now for being so awesome!

i think it does with some modification - im sure melf (or someone on this forum anyway) has done this before!

I can provide a scan of my Beyond Oasis box if you're up for doing something with it. Either way, thanks!
    EA cases are tricky things and I really wouldn't recommend using them for anything other than EA. The problem with them is there are so many different variations of the case thickness it's really hard to make inserts for them. There are the super thick EA cases, then ones that are just slightly ticker than a standard Sega case and even ones that are a little thinner, plus I don't even know how many in between. If you want to store S&K in a clamshell, I'd strongly suggest doing this:

Just cut out those 2 small pieces from a regular clamshell. The plastic is surprisingly easy to cut with a sharp knife or razor blade. The S&K cart fits just fine into a regular clamshell, even with the manual, it's a snug fit, but it works. Plus this way you can have it in a case that has a hangtab and will it fit right in next to the other Sonic games.

And yeah, if you want to send me the scan I'll give it a shot. Just please scan it at at least 300dpi, though 600 would be even better if your scanner can manage it.
    Ready to print game covers and cart labels: http://www.mediafire.com/?5gm45wyxr3xvv

So, do you have a high-quality printer or do you get these printed at a print shop/Wal-Mart? What sort of paper do you use?

Blast Processing! Sports Talker Bear78's Avatar

So, do you have a high-quality printer or do you get these printed at a print shop/Wal-Mart? What sort of paper do you use?
    Hey man, check out this guide I wrote up over at The Cover Project: http://www.thecoverproject.net/forum...p?topic=6763.0

By the way, I have been lurking here for a while and decided to finally join up. Thanks for all the hard work djsjok, I have been using your covers for some of my boxless carts. I still need 2 low priority ones... Prime Time NFL Football and Marsupilami.

I quit video games ESWAT Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Bear78 View Post
    Hey man, check out this guide I wrote up over at The Cover Project: http://www.thecoverproject.net/forum...p?topic=6763.0

By the way, I have been lurking here for a while and decided to finally join up. Thanks for all the hard work djsjok, I have been using your covers for some of my boxless carts. I still need 2 low priority ones... Prime Time NFL Football and Marsupilami.
    Welcome aboard, Bear78! Enjoy your stay, some great people here.

I do all my printing at a Kinkos by my house, unfortunately my printer at home can't handle pages larger than 8.5"x11" so I'm stuck doing my printing elsewhere. As for the paper I use glossy laser paper aka magazine paper, it's what looks best in the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear78 View Post

Thakns, I'm glad you dig the covers. As for those you mentioned, yeah I've been looking for a scan of Marsupilami, but haven't found one yet, same with NFL.

EA cases are tricky things and I really wouldn't recommend using them for anything other than EA. The problem with them is there are so many different variations of the case thickness it's really hard to make inserts for them. There are the super thick EA cases, then ones that are just slightly ticker than a standard Sega case and even ones that are a little thinner, plus I don't even know how many in between. If you want to store S&K in a clamshell, I'd strongly suggest doing this:

Just cut out those 2 small pieces from a regular clamshell. The plastic is surprisingly easy to cut with a sharp knife or razor blade. The S&K cart fits just fine into a regular clamshell, even with the manual, it's a snug fit, but it works. Plus this way you can have it in a case that has a hangtab and will it fit right in next to the other Sonic games.

And yeah, if you want to send me the scan I'll give it a shot. Just please scan it at at least 300dpi, though 600 would be even better if your scanner can manage it.
    ahhhaaa.....it was YOU with your S&K case mod, all along!

i

Thakns, I'm glad you dig the covers. As for those you mentioned, yeah I've been looking for a scan of Marsupilami, but haven't found one yet, same with NFL.
    I posted about it over at The Cover Project (http://www.thecoverproject.net/forum...p?topic=6764.0) and irvgotti said he had prime time scans... but he never created the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista_Ed View Post
    ahhhaaa.....it was YOU with your S&K case mod, all along!
    Well I did make one myself, though that's not my pic, someone else posted that a while ago, I've just been reposting it because it's so useful

Bear78, as for that NFL scan, hmm I don't know, Irvgotti's been pretty busy lately, maybe pm him again.

Hey DJ, not sure if you need it, but I scanned The Tick for the cover project. Its in this .zip file along with some other scans I posted over there.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0KH4K26Q

Hey man thanks for the scans! Those are really good quality and I REALLY need that Tick one. I've been swamped with work lately, but when I get some time I'll definitely start putting those to good use.

No problem man! I uploaded some various Nintendo scans over there too and will be uploading some PS1, PS2, and Xbox scans later tonight.

EDIT

Hey man, not sure if you needed them but here is scans of Primal Rage and Virtua Fighter 2 (along with some other stuff)

Primal Rage US Retail, Sonic Sega Classic US Retail, Sonic 2 Not for Resale US Retail, Steel Empire US Retail, Taz-Mania US Retail, Virtua Fighter 2 US Retail

http://www.mediafire.com/?2ebfzqm9fz266pr

EDIT 2

Hey man, here are some more Sega scans. I posted these over at the cover project but I figured you could use the EXO Squad and 32X scans for your projects here.

Master System: Shinobi US
    Genesis: Bio Hazard Battle US, EXO Squad US
    32X: Golf Magazine 36 Great Holes, NFL Quarterback Club

http://www.mediafire.com/?bk1uj530hr3uwrk
    Last edited by InternalPrimate; 09-04-2011 at 12:22 AM.

Thread Information