Quantcast

Page 78 of 92 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1374

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Sonic Salutations!

Hey everyone, I've been lurking around the forums for a while for the great guides and writeups and reviews. My first time playing genesis was with my older bro when I was a few years old ~95, living in new york at the time when my family immigrated.

My debut post at sega16 was a reply to a WTB for a specific model 2 genesis. I bought a wireless controller and reciever from ebay a while ago, and it came with a model 2 sega genesis va3 containing the CXA1645 + 315-5700 asic chips(unknown at the time) all for $25 with shipping, and it was exactly what the op was looking for.

Anyways, I am starting to collect sega games, and already have a few such as sonic and knucks, sonic 2, mk1, mk3 and 6-Pak and on the way is street fighter 2 champion edition.

I have just been acquiring the full genesis setup:
    model 1 va7, CCAM'd by retrogamer343 (CXA1145 + 315-5487 asic)
    32x
    sega cd 2
    rgb scart - > scart switch - > scart to component

hooked up to a hitachi 43" 4:3 rear projector tv + 5.1 sound system, and pumping through a belkin surge protector with sideways outlets

So I guess a little about me, I'm from bangladesh, a student at u of m, canada, and I work part time. I love hip hop (read: jdilla, nas, pharcyde, wutang, etc.), and my wallet hates my pangs of nostalgia cause I just finished collecting base set pokemon cards lol. Turning 21 this october. No pets cause I live with the rents, but I'd like to have a macaw or a cat one day. Or both.
    Last edited by akhan360; 08-27-2013 at 10:31 PM.

Hello at all.
    Iím french and iím 42, i was a vcs2600 kid. I remember getting my Sega Master System in 1986 and Sega Megadrive (Genesis) in 1989 with ghoulsín ghosts and super shinobi.
    My favorite Sega system is the Sega Genesis, I favor schmups mostly followed by platformer and brawlers.
    I learned programing on Genesis with Stef sgdk tool development.

Death Adder's minion

Hello!

I'm Russian and 24. Born in '89, my brother had a gameboy original since '92-'93, and we had an Atari 1040 ST 95-09. I have had a Game Gear or two myself ('10 and '13). My first console was an XBOX in '01 or '02, but I won a Sega Genesis in a raffle in '11 and never looked back. I'm currently modding a Sega Genesis non-HDG as my first project and I'm almost there! I'm just having trouble with overclocking. I have posted in the appropriate forum (tech aid), help a gamer out!

Hi Guys,

I'm here partly representing a music group called The Opus Science Collective. Aside from being musicians, we're massively into retro gaming, Arcades and Consoles alike. The Mega Drive (or Genesis as it is in the States) is one of our absolute favourites and we're in the process of creating a music project based on some classic tunes from that era. It's called The Magical Sound Shower Project, but once I reach the 50 post mark, I'll create a thread about it. Until then, you can hear some stuff on our Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/opusscience).

But please don't think I'm just here to promote our group. I'm really not. I absolutely love the Mega Drive and look forward to partaking in the community here.

See you on the boards.

Sports Talker DJGameFreakTheIguana's Avatar

Yo people, I'm DJGameFreakTheIguana
    Down with sega since I was a shorty, Sonic is still my favorite franchise but I haven't forgotten the heroes I enjoyed playing as back then. For a few years, I've been working on a game called Sega Brawlers Megamix, made with many characters from that time. If you'd like to play it, get it here(bu I'l most likely post a thread about it at some point):
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/9a...NewV2.7%29.RAR
    I'm also signing up because I wanna talk with other Sega fans on other gaming subjects.

See yall around.

x)

Master of Shinobi midnightrider's Avatar

Hey, takes a little while, huh? Think I signed up 2 days ago.

Got started with an NES in '88, not sure I entirely knew the Genesis existed to be honest. Once I got involved with video games, I don't think watched T.V. as much . By '91 I did see a commercial for the SNES, wanted one, and got a Genesis that Christmas. If there was any disappointment, it lasted all of 5 seconds, I mean, kid with a new console on Christmas and all. So I made the best of being a Genesis kid during the '90s. I enjoyed what I had too much to care about what I didn't, so honestly I got no regrets about not having had an SNES, nothing against. In retrospect, the arcade style games on Sega consoles fit better with me, though I did get into RPG's later, around the time I got into emulation(sorry collectors, it's just more convenient for me, plus that's a slightly higher chance to find more cartridges for you), but have kind of burned out on them since. Burned out on current generations, mainly due to FMV focused storytelling, so I stick to 2D cartridge consoles/handhelds(and the Turbo, since that's not quite cartridges).

Catchin The Vapor Trail Wildside Expert BoostedGR33K's Avatar

Allright, since I now know there is a section for this....

Me Names Ben, born in michigan, raised mostly in indiana. Started out my gaming life on a Sears Tele-games (their version of the 2600) and life was good. Then for christmas one year, I opened the package and inside was a Sega Genesis... I remember that blowing my mind reading "16 bit" "High Definition Graphics" "Sega Gemesis" Then, the games ooooh what fun!!! The years rolled on and systems came flooding in, but the Sears Tele Games and Sega Genesis would be the only ones played from then to this very day on a regular basis. I work on/Tune/race cars - primarily Buick Regal Grand Nationals - so you could say that I live Turbo Outrun in real life. I have a huge/broad array of things that I like, but video games will always be one of my #1s. The systems I currently own
    Game Boy X2 (1 original, one red)
    Game Boy Color
    Game Gear
    Genesis (ver. 2)
    3 PS1s
    1 PS2
    1 N64
    1 Turbo Grafx 16
    Dreamcast
    Sears Tele-Games
    Virtual Boy

If anyone has any Qs feel free to drop me a message and I'll get back to it as soon as possible.... thanks! -Ben
    Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Master of Shinobi

Yes I forgot to introduce myself also...

So I'm Pablo from Spain, living in France and owning two megadrives with 80 real games (+ everdrive...)

PAL MD1 bought in 1991 (image is PAL!)
    PAL MD2 region and 50/60 modded bought in 2013 (sound is lame!)

I'm fan of Landstalker, Kic Chameleon, Ecco the dolphin, but at the end of the day I just end playing nba live 95, FIFA 95, SoR II or SF2.

Also I'm currently going through Shining Force II.

One day I'll try to get a super chaos emerald.

Social Justice Ninja Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

Hello all! i totally neglected this thread till being pointed here, my bad.

I was the kid on the block with a Master System, and rode out with Sega through the DC (though i admit, i bailed on the Saturn cause i was heartbroken when i was told it'd be $400 and i was making like $4 an hour bagging groceries, haha), had to sell a lot of that years ago during some hardships but ive been really getting back into the scene in the last year or so. I was a longtime voyeur/fan of this place so it's great to finally join up & be able to post! really looking forward to interacting with more classic Sega fans & seeing what i can contribute around here as well.

Hello Sega-16! Some people here will probably remember me from over at Racketboy. Haven't had time to post there or anywhere for a while.

Ordinarily, I favor Nintendo consoles. But the SNES loses to the Genesis for me (both are good consoles of course). I never was a giant RPG or fighting game fan, but I do love platformers, beat 'em ups, shoot 'em ups, and run and guns, so the Genesis wins handily over the SNES. Also, I enjoy the Genesis' typically hard driving sound.

I like learning about console hardware, and the genesis has enough variations, incompatabilities, and accessories to keep things quite interesting.

Hello. I've browsed the site for years, but never got around to joining the forums. I like most game genres and like most consoles and companies. I had both a Genesis & SNES back when they were new, and loved them both.

Mastering your Systems Shining Hero TmEE's Avatar

Uelkam ju njuu piipl !
    Death To MP3, :3
    Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa "Gnirts test is a shit" New and growing website of total jawusumness !
    If any of my images in my posts no longer work you can find them in "FileDen Dump" on my site ^

Hi!

I'm new both to this forum and Sega hardware in general-- I was a purely PC gamer until the xbox came along, and only recently have been working my way backwards to older consoles. I've taken a particular shining to the Genesis and Saturn consoles, as well as some of the less successful (and non-sega) ones like the 3do. I'm still discovering new games for these systems and I'm constantly impressed by what they can put out.

Wildside Expert

Missed this thread, before, so I may as well introduce myself now.

Long term Sega fan here who stumbled across this forum while searching for stuff about the Genesis's sound chip for reasons I don't remember. My Sega fandom pretty much pre-dates even the Sega Master System. It started when I got a Coleco Vision and some games for it for Christmas when I was about 8 or so. Out of the games I got, my favorite was an old Sega game called Carnival. This was a little ironic given what would happen later as the Coleco Vison's pack-in game was Nintendo's own Donkey Kong. Anyway, when I felt like I wanted a newer console, I had a stronger pull towards the Sega Master System than the NES because of remembering how I preferred Sega's games over Nintendo's on my old Coleco Vision. However, for various reasons, I didn't get a new console until the first Christmas the Genesis came out. After that, I got the Sega CD and Saturn the first Christmases they came out as well as a Dreamcast a couple of weeks after it came out for my birthday. I'm also quite a veteran of the Saturn/PS1 flame wars back in the day, but let's not go there.

Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome
    The funny thing about an oxymoron is, even if you remove the ox, there'll always be a moron. The Question Remains: Y?

Thread Information