Quantcast

Page 84 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3474808182838485868788 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1361

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Hi everyone. I'm really unsure where to start, so I think from here is a greater idea...

My real name is Alberto MuŮoz, 19 years old, from Chile. Videogames are what I most love from this world, even though I'm not really a big gamer, I haven't played as many games as everybody else says... instead, I'm more in the creative part. Since I was 4 years old, after playing great MS-DOS games such as Prehistorik 2, a PC port of OutRun and many others, I decided that I want to dedicate my life on this "technical art". Not wasting my time, at that same age I took the MS-DOS manual, I learnt to read the hard way (asking for the pronounciation of each letter I didn't knew), and I quickly began writing some simple .BAT files in the system. And that's how I slowly went more and more involved with computer programming.
    Sonic 3 (alone, at least) is a spectacular game. As with many arcade games (which I also love), it gives the impression of breaking any "creative" limits; you know, the gameplay is never linear, it's totally full of program and arts wherever you see, and I just can't appreciate less all the work involved in this game, and that's why I forgive all bugs it may have, no matter how serious or stupid some could be. You can expect anything from this game.

Around 2010, I got myself within one of the most well-known sites about Sonic the Hedgehog romhacking. I learnt stuff quite easily, I got invited to a little team shortly after and . The problem was that I didn't knew how to behave. I had no idea about the big deal of "data stealing", and I took a few stuff from the team's project, some code and lots of art assets. Wish I never did. For some reason somebody who used to be part from staff team got one of my ROMs, and secretly went on disassembling it because he thought it had stolen code from multiple hacks. One of my friends notified me about the situation, and after I came to complain about this fact to the IRC channel, and taking approach of my "bad behavior" within the forums, somebody (maybe this same guy) made new posts under my nickname, and used it as excuse to kick me off the community. I got a great hate from the community as well, and the only people I stood with were my "victims",who ironically were the only at first to forgive my bad behavior. Lately I have been working on little stuff, sometimes helping in projects to others (especially on polishing Mobius Evolution, most mainly on fixing lots of bugs and working on the graphic sequences (the title and ending)). Now I'm working on something I have no idea when will be done (if ever), but I'm -trying- to make it as detailed as possible, if possible to keep always something moving on screen.

By the way, at times I could look like a really strange person. But I always want to act as best as possible =)
    Greetings.
    Deep into weird, worrying and scary craze.

Hello,

I love Sega Genesis and have some Sega mods I would like to share with the community. I would like to post it in a thread, but the 50 post rule is fucken stupid. I am clearly not a spammer selling fake Nikes. If anyone can help me out that would be great.

Comrade as in friend. Master of Shinobi ComradeOj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ModYourSega View Post
    Hello,

I love Sega Genesis and have some Sega mods I would like to share with the community. I would like to post it in a thread, but the 50 post rule is fucken stupid. I am clearly not a spammer selling fake Nikes. If anyone can help me out that would be great.
    Welcome!

You could post your mods in pre-existing threads if you can find any that match. I can understand wanting to start a new one of your own though.
    The 50 post does kind of suck for new users. It help against spam though. Problem is, you can't often tell who is and isn't a spammer, and the only solution is a blanket approach. It also helps against users that just want to make a forum account to sell their games.

What kind of mods do you have?
    Modded consoles:
    Master System (v7040) with s-video & direct AV out
    Model 1 with 10mhz overclock & halt switches
    Model 1 with 10mhz 68010
    Model 2 VA2.3 with unfiltered Mega Amp, & s-video
    Model 3 VA1 with compatibility fixes & s-video
    32X with s-video
    Visit my web site at www.mode5.net
    Or my collection of homebrew Genesis games, programs, and music on SEGA-16!

Thanks Comrade

Currently I have a full TMSS bypass modchip (with source code), better audio mod, and 32X stability fix. In progress is a 32X-genesis all-in-one.

Hello everybody, I look forward being part of this forum and hope you guys enjoy me as well.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert POLYGAMe's Avatar

Helloooooooooo. I'm a motoring writer from NZ. When not penning articles about hot rods I'm coding my first Mega Drive game (2.5D racer inspired by Buggy Boy - hope to port to Lynx too).

Been a Sega fan since my second console - a brand new SMS way back in the mid eighties.

Had always wanted to make games, so in 2011 studied game development at the ripe old age of 35. I went on to make a handful of iOS and Android games but have since decided to concentrate on retro systems as it's more fun!

Used to have a huge retro collection (50 plus consoles) but lost my job and had to sell it off, so good to be able to get back into the hobby lately

So yeah, that's me. Hi!

Greetings, I'm coming here again after a few years.
    Glad that my Sega Megadrive 2 + 32X still works great

Quote Originally Posted by POLYGAMe View Post
    Used to have a huge retro collection (50 plus consoles) but lost my job and had to sell it off, so good to be able to get back into the hobby lately
    I've been there, and it stinks, especially now as prices have skyrocketed. The one good thing is that we can take advantage of the various flash loaders out there to still play games on the original hardware. At least with an Everdrive and such you can start enjoying whichever consoles you can get now without having to rebuild a library first.

Good luck and welcome.

Hello all.
    I'm Mekanaizer a amator programmer that consoles related mainly program for SEGA machines.
    The SEGA machine I contributed the must was the Dreamcast. Now I'm trying new grounds with the free time I have.
    See you all here and around. More info is on my profile.
    ;-)
    Last edited by Mekanaizer; 05-26-2016 at 11:20 PM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training fr0zenbuttox's Avatar

sup guys,

i had interests in joining an sega fan forum that is more sophisticated than others, (the official ones, sonic forums that come off as condensing. neogaf) you guys seem to carry alot of weight on your shoulders compared to those i mentioned.

what kept me lurking on this site is the various discussions on the whole soj vs soa, fiasco, and tom kalinske discussions. interesting details seem to come from them compared to what other people say when bringing up those subjects.

iam not the most informative person, but iam into alot stuff and such about games, and japan-related things that aren't just exclusive to anime and games. i trying to get back into drawing. but i kinda have an preference for sculpture. iam in the process of working on my driving (i got my permit and such). moving out. getting a job. i plan on trying to get back into game design via planning on books and such, and somewhat plan on i guess trying to learn japanese and i guess maybe chinese, and french. i have intrest in getting an camera and learning photography as well. i haven't gotten hands on those things yet but i plan to soon eventually. i also want to get into streaming games as well. i been trying to build an collection of sega games, i don't have the consoles for them yet. i do have an big collection of ps3/ps4/psvita games though. along with a decent chuck of xbox/nintendo stuff. where i was born in 1991 and grew up on early-sega/sony/nintendo/microsoft. i have interest in cutting-edge stuff that was in the early 70s/80s like i.robot (the atari arcade game) and the vectrex. those types of games/consoles/technology always fascinated me that they were done in an era before anyone else could make them 10-years or an decade later.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Welcome to the site! I like to think Sega16 has pretty good discussions too!
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

fr0zenbuttox, welcome to the site! It's nice to see that another artist has made their way onto the site. Like you, I am trying to reawaken my talent! (Damn you fingers! Wake up and show the world what you can do! )

I look forward to reading your comments on the forums! Glad to make your acquaintance!
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

Welcome, FrozenB

Banned by Administrators Wildside Expert

Hey,

Fox here. Iím a Georgia-born Digital Creative and Design director, with a background in both integrated campaigning and design/build .
    After 7 years in Tbilisi with various local heavyweights including WINDFORíS and Metro JWT, Iím now working as an indie Game developer/Designer and Script writer and I also teach Concept Art at the Georgian Institute of Public Affairs.

I also run a "classic game restoration" company called ReGaming.co with my friends, we mostly focus on box and label art restoration, you can check out some of my stuff on instagram @pendingfox and some reproduction works as well(mostly completely remastering the packaging for existing games or designing/drawing brand news ones for unreleased titles) That's kinda what I love to do on everyday basis. It's a great hobby to have.

Anyway, I'm really glad to be here with all of you guys aaand have great day.

Fox

Comrade as in friend. Master of Shinobi ComradeOj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by foxnoodles View Post
    Hey,

Fox here. Iím a Georgia-born Digital Creative and Design director, with a background in both integrated campaigning and design/build .
    After 7 years in Tbilisi with various local heavyweights including WINDFORíS and Metro JWT, Iím now working as an indie Game developer/Designer and Script writer and I also teach Concept Art at the Georgian Institute of Public Affairs.

I also run a "classic game restoration" company called ReGaming.co with my friends, we mostly focus on box and label art restoration, you can check out some of my stuff on instagram @pendingfox and some reproduction works as well(mostly completely remastering the packaging for existing games or designing/drawing brand news ones for unreleased titles) That's kinda what I love to do on everyday basis. It's a great hobby to have.

Anyway, I'm really glad to be here with all of you guys aaand have great day.

Fox
    Welcome!

I just checkout out the site. It looks pretty cool! I like your alternate labels. Especially sunset riders.
    Modded consoles:
    Master System (v7040) with s-video & direct AV out
    Model 1 with 10mhz overclock & halt switches
    Model 1 with 10mhz 68010
    Model 2 VA2.3 with unfiltered Mega Amp, & s-video
    Model 3 VA1 with compatibility fixes & s-video
    32X with s-video
    Visit my web site at www.mode5.net
    Or my collection of homebrew Genesis games, programs, and music on SEGA-16!

Thread Information