Quantcast

Page 64 of 92 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Welcome nick

Hey guys. Long time gamer here who's only just rediscovered the magic of his old MegaDrive/Genesis.

I haven't owned a console since the Gamecube and Playstation 2 era, reasons being that I cant' afford the new gen consoles and also because I got more into handheld gaming. The only console I own right now is my Playstation Vita which I absolutely love. Got to clearing out my loft one day and found my MegaDrive II console with what seems to be my last remaining games in Streets of Rage and Aladdin, so I hooked it up for a bit of nostalgia play and fell right back in love with it again and have been since roaming ebay looking to get some more games.

Thought my next step should be to join a forum and find other fans and get into discussions and stuff. Found this place which seems absolutely ideal, so here I am. Hi!

Hi, I'm Flickies. As you can probably tell, my favorite Genesis game is Flicky, though am I also a big fan of Ristar and some of the Sonic games. Also, I thought the Sega CD was a pretty cool idea! I look forward to posting more in the future.

I quit video games ESWAT Veteran

Welcome, Flickies!

Banned by Administrators

HI i am bruis jem and i am happy to join this community to know about Sega genesis reviews and comments from the people.

Hi - My name is Johnny from Niagara Falls, States side.

As of last summer I was inspired, arbitrarily, to clean up and assemble a commendable Genesis collection. Since '97 my Genesis32x and games select had gone stale, idly collecting dust in my basement as I only rarely felt like heating up the old system whenever I was home from school. In a short 3 months I finally grabbed a SEGA CD, some clam shells, a few essentials carts and ditched my lamer games (Race Drivin'.... I HATED that game so much that the memory of ripping the cart out as my SEGA ran and using all of the might that my six year old body could muster to slam it on the floor is today still not satisfying enough).

So quite simply I'm seeking to keep a small but respectable library of the best and figured where else to network but right here on Sega-16.

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar

You've come to the right place me son, the things you'll learn from the Sega Genesis here on out well make anyone enjoy the system all over again, maybe more.

hey guys my name is alex I'm from Orlando, Florida

basically i am just a retro game enthusiast and metal head/musician
    i recently picked up a genesis2 and am now in the process of rebuilding my childhood game collection for my favorite system!
    my favorite game systems would have to be the N64, the Genesis and the SNES
    been playing the shit out of MERCS and SoR2 recently. me and my GF have been attempting to beat the mania difficulty setting in SoR2 for a month now! lol

Hi everyone! my name is gaston and I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina!

I've been searching these forums a lot lately and I decided to just register and share my experience/reviews/etc with retro gamers. I own: Sega Genesis (x2), SNES, Famicom(x2) and a PS2 which I never really used. I guess i'm stuck with 16-bits games. I hope I can both contribute and get help on mods for my Genesis!

Wow....mercs.....I should probably play my mercs pcb again someday...if only the game weren't so painfully hard. Mania difficulty is nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by duhduhduhda View Post
    hey guys my name is alex I'm from Orlando, Florida

basically i am just a retro game enthusiast and metal head/musician
    i recently picked up a genesis2 and am now in the process of rebuilding my childhood game collection for my favorite system!
    my favorite game systems would have to be the N64, the Genesis and the SNES
    been playing the shit out of MERCS and SoR2 recently. me and my GF have been attempting to beat the mania difficulty setting in SoR2 for a month now! lol

Hey, guys. Mark here. I'm not exactly a new member here considering the fact that I've joined here over a year ago, but I've pretty much forgotten about this place until recently.

I haven't really played much Genesis in my life aside from the compilations. Over 10-12 years ago, I remember going to my cousin's house to play some Sonic 1 and 2, X-men, Streets of Rage 2, Revenge of Shinobi, Phantasy Star II, and a few other games I can't remember. Unfortunately, their system broke a year later and hasn't been replaced since.

Since then, I mainly get my occasional Genesis fix via compilations whether it's Sonic Mega Collection on the GC or the Ultimate Genesis collection for the PS3 (I don't have PS3, but a friend has one.) Lately though, I've been thinking about getting a Genesis and maybe a Sega CD as well. Not sure if I should get the Genesis 1 or Genesis 2.

My name is MrSega.

I'm 29 years old and have been a SEGA hardcore fan since 1991.

I just want to let everyone know here that I'm here to be civil, respectable and that if I speculate on something, that I'll have actual information to back it up.

We SEGA fans have been let down of the past few years by "on-again, off-again" console rumors. But in 2012 there's finally something that fires up hope. And its in my signature.

I hope we don't give up. Until 2012, SEGA didn't file any trademark or license for game hardware(Well, I guess "KIDS PAD" some what counted.)

SEGA has also been moving away from being a 3rd party console publisher and has been re-organizing. Shouldn't that be a good thing?
    SEGA is the Messiah of Console Gaming.

In July 2013, Exactly 164 months after Dreamcast launched, something BIG will happen at SEGA. Which is "ORBI" the world.

All the NAYSAYERS will be silenced forever when Orbi get's its "Notice of Allowance".

http://trademarks.justia.com/855/17/orbi-85517235.html The Beginning. Officially published in the OG:

http://trademarks.justia.com/855/17/orbi-85517210.html July 2013. To the City and the World.

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSega View Post
    My name is MrSega.

I'm 29 years old and have been a SEGA hardcore fan since 1991.

I just want to let everyone know here that I'm here to be civil, respectable and that if I speculate on something, that I'll have actual information to back it up.

We SEGA fans have been let down of the past few years by "on-again, off-again" console rumors. But in 2012 there's finally something that fires up hope. And its in my signature.

I hope we don't give up. Until 2012, SEGA didn't file any trademark or license for game hardware(Well, I guess "KIDS PAD" some what counted.)

SEGA has also been moving away from being a 3rd party console publisher and has been re-organizing. Shouldn't that be a good thing?
    Hey MrSega. Welcome to Sega16

BTW,
    here's a little something from a little over 3 years ago
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...light=ringedge

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    Hey MrSega. Welcome to Sega16

BTW,
    here's a little something from a little over 3 years ago
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...light=ringedge
    Thanks for the welcome.

And yeah I remember that. It went nowhere because SEGA ended up treating RE like the Model 1.

They're no longer supporting that board. They have RingEdge 2 now and "RINGWAVE" coming next spring.
    SEGA is the Messiah of Console Gaming.

In July 2013, Exactly 164 months after Dreamcast launched, something BIG will happen at SEGA. Which is "ORBI" the world.

All the NAYSAYERS will be silenced forever when Orbi get's its "Notice of Allowance".

http://trademarks.justia.com/855/17/orbi-85517235.html The Beginning. Officially published in the OG:

http://trademarks.justia.com/855/17/orbi-85517210.html July 2013. To the City and the World.

Hey there,

I live in Bangkok, Thailand. There isn't much of a Sega scene here, or console scene really. Just glad to meet some other Sega enthusiasts. Anyone else around these parts?

Thread Information