Quantcast

Page 83 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3373798081828384858687 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1365

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Zatch View Post
    Hello, I'm Zatch. Pretty much my whole life Sega consoles have been absent. I've known about the Genesis and Dreamcast, but never owned any of them. It wasn't until a few years ago that I got a Model 1 Sega Genesis, and boy have I been missing out! So I guess my new-found interest in Sega consoles is what I don't know about them. I honestly don't remember how I came across this website. I've been a lurker for a while. Currently my favorite Genesis game is Gunstar Heroes.
    Welcome, I haven't even played Gunstar Heroes yet and I had a Genesis since 92.
    -Rick "Only fools oppose the almighty Megatron"

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...light=foxhound

Quote Originally Posted by FoxHound View Post
    Welcome, I haven't even played Gunstar Heroes yet and I had a Genesis since 92.
    Thanks! If you like run and gun shooters I highly recommend picking it up when you get the chance. It's really good!

Master of Shinobi midnightrider's Avatar

If you have a way to try it(Japan and Europe releases, but not North America), give Alien Soldier a whirl. By the same development company, and it's mostly boss battles.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightrider View Post
    If you have a way to try it(Japan and Europe releases, but not North America), give Alien Soldier a whirl. By the same development company, and it's mostly boss battles.
    I'll definitely look into it. Thanks!

Master of Shinobi midnightrider's Avatar

In the same boat is a PS1 game that tends to remind people of Gunstar Heroes called Rapid Reload(Europe, the Japanese title is Gunners Heaven).

Back to the Genesis, I think Gunstar inspired Konami to create Contra: Hard Corps the way that they did as well. Though I have no idea where they got the idea for the light adventure elements(stage choices).

Though this is stuff that should be discussed in another thread. Welcome to the board.

Wildside Expert MAXITROOYRINGO666NOW's Avatar

howdy Gents,

how's up all ? It's been ages not to play around in this legendary SEGA forum, I'm back in business after more than three years hiatus .. an ageing SEGA vet ..

Requesting clearance to reaboard comrades .. ..

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One The M's Avatar

Hello! I'm new here but has been following the threads and discussions for some time. As I'm a fan of the old Sega consoles and games, decided to join and have some good conversations about.

Saturn was my youth Death Adder's minion StealthRUSH's Avatar

My specific taste in video-games are primarily from 1980-2005. My first console being the Nintendo Entertainment System back in 1990s shortly after Super Nintendo Entertainment System. Besides console gaming, arcade games also are a favorite of mine.

SEGA and NEC import enthusiast. Favorite consoles Sega Saturn, and PC Engine CD-ROMē followed by Sega Dreamcast, and PC Engine, third-spot Mega Drive, and PC-FX lastly Mark III/Master System, and SuperGrafx.

I'm a video gamer that was born in the 1980s. I would consider the new generation of gaming more of a ponzi scheme; recycled game play with content deliberately removed so the consumer is forced to shell out more cash for it. The whole Download content, micro-transactions, pay-as-you-play method is atrocious - more or less the elephant in the room for contemporary gamers. Although I consider myself a gamer I have very little interest in the seventh, and current generation of systems and games. The last console I bought was the Microsoft Xbox 360 solely for arcade ports of my favorite series.

■ Fan of classic Sega / Hudson / Compile
    ■ Enjoys Fighter / Platform / Puzzle / Shmup genre
    ■ Sega Saturn / PC-Engine import enthusiast
    ■ Dislikes FPS / Sport / Racing / GTA-esqe genre
    ■ Dislikes emulation / M.U.G.E.N

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Shadow Explorer's Avatar

Hello Everyone! I'm pleased to be a member of this community.
    My first console was a Sega master system 2 with Sonic back in late 1992 (and it ruined me for life! )

My favorite console is the Mega Drive.
    Favorite games: Everything Sonic, racing games\simulators,platform & fighting games.

HI there sega fans!
    i was a frequent guy who followed some great posts
    that made a great impact about sega and modding. But i never had the inciative to actual join them, but now ive decided to join on this community and i hope i can contribute on whatever i can

Thanks to all and long live the Mega Drive!!!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Hi everyone!
    I'll admit I was always more of a nintendo person back in the day, but better late than never, and I look forward to reading the stuff you guys say.
    I anticipate the tech-aid area being my favorite, as I like to learn about electronics.

Dunno if it is a problem with the board or something, but it took a few days after registering to be able to post. Dunno if that's normal, but I'm glad to be here now!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Hey guys.

Came here to ask some questions about my Genesis.. Guess i gotta make 50 posts first haha :/

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

Hi folks

Long time lurker, finally bit the bullet to register. Great little community here, and am looking forward to taking part and contributing in it.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomH View Post
    Hi folks

Long time lurker, finally bit the bullet to register. Great little community here, and am looking forward to taking part and contributing in it.
    Cool, man! Yeah, it's a great site!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Game Taff's Avatar

Hi everyone, first time poster here.

My real name's Aydan and I'm from Wales (Part of the UK). I've been gaming since I can remember and have always been a SEGA fan. First systen was a Master System and I followed SEGA right up until the end with the Dreamcast.

I'm a retro game player and collector. Though I only collect what I actually intend to play rather than be the kind of person who buys and hoards everything up for the sake of it so to speak (Nothing wrong with that if that's what you enjoy)

I also make youtube videos on the side as a hobby talking about my love of sega. My most popular one yet is probably my 'SEGA Made a Zelda Game?!' one which you can find by searching that.

Anyways, looking forward to being a part of what is probably the best SEGA community on the internet that I know of!

Thread Information