Quantcast

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Games you hate

I quit video games ESWAT Veteran

The only game that I could say I HATE would be "The Adventures of Captain Comic" on the NES. For me, there is nothing to like in that game. I bought it about 8 years ago CIB for $5, after playing it, I wouldn't pay 5 cents for it. I understand it was also released on MS-DOS, but I can't comment on that one, as I haven't played it.

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eddiespruce View Post
    The only game that I could say I HATE would be "The Adventures of Captain Comic" on the NES. For me, there is nothing to like in that game. I bought it about 8 years ago CIB for $5, after playing it, I wouldn't pay 5 cents for it. I understand it was also released on MS-DOS, but I can't comment on that one, as I haven't played it.
    Ha, too funny: I love that game! In fact for a decade or so (1998-2008), when I was more or less exclusively using emulators, it was the only video game I bought in physical form (partly because all the dumps I could find were bad dumps).

One of my absolute favorites on the NES, and certainly my favorite unlicensed game on the system (ahead of Skull and Crossbones, and maybe Firehawk). It's sometimes brutally hard, but that's part of what I like about it, though it's not impossible for me to understand why someone would hate it. The MS-DOS version didn't appeal to me, though that one came first.

Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar

Hmm, I guess I hated Weaponlord, enough to return it to the store. I know it's often well-regarded but could not enjoy the artwork (often hard to see clearly), drab colors, muddy animations. Controls seemed slow and clunky... Oh and I love most fighting games...

I don't hate any game. If I play it and it sucks, I stop. I don't play crappy games long enough to develop a hatred for them.

I don't understand how anyone can hate Comix Zone, unless you just don't like brawlers...

Angry Liberal Arts Major Hero of Algol Iron Lizard's Avatar

I used to get sick of games when my brother would do things like play Wizards & Warriors or Kung Fu for four hours straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lizard View Post
    I used to get sick of games when my brother would do things like play Wizards & Warriors or Kung Fu for four hours straight.
    Heh; okay, *that* would make me hate a game.

Not that I hate them but since they are usually popular IŽll mention Flashback and Strider, 2 games that I really dislike, tried again Flashback 2 days ago but to no avail...really dislike it...

WCPO Agent Cornelius Spunkwater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Olls View Post
    The ones that think Casablanca is the best movie ever made.
    Casablanca pretty much is the best movie ever made.

I remain nonsequitur Shining Hero sheath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sketch View Post
    I don't hate any game. If I play it and it sucks, I stop. I don't play crappy games long enough to develop a hatred for them.

I don't understand how anyone can hate Comix Zone, unless you just don't like brawlers...
    Yeah, at the worst I think I could say that I never want to play certain games ever again. But that would be the definition of hate, so my list would be too long for one post.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by goldenband View Post
    There are some games on other systems I border on hating: Sol-Feace for Sega CD, Final Fight for SNES, Star Strike for Intellivision, Sssnake for Atari 2600, maybe Back to the Future and/or X-Men for NES.
    Wow, did you get to play Final Fight on SNES back when it was brand new? It was really impressive back then. I remember holding up or down on the controller to make Cody or Haggar walk in place just because I was so impressed with how smooth the animation was. It sucks since it lacks two players (was surprised to find that out on Christmas day 1991), but I don't think it's near hate-worthy... but, that's just my opinion.

I actually prefer a few of the SNES BGM's to the arcade ones. The arcade music is good, but sometimes it sounds like just a bunch of noise.

Hate = Fatal Labyrinth

Super Thunder Blade.
    Close topic.

Beat Em Ups Master of Shinobi cowboyscowboys's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beigemore View Post
    Wow, did you get to play Final Fight on SNES back when it was brand new? It was really impressive back then. I remember holding up or down on the controller to make Cody or Haggar walk in place just because I was so impressed with how smooth the animation was. It sucks since it lacks two players (was surprised to find that out on Christmas day 1991), but I don't think it's near hate-worthy... but, that's just my opinion.

I actually prefer a few of the SNES BGM's to the arcade ones. The arcade music is good, but sometimes it sounds like just a bunch of noise.
    When I finally got a Snes I think in 94' the first game I bought used was Final Fight. Wow was I pissed to find out it was 1 player only, returned the game as broken. Yea I think anyone who saw the game when it was new despite all the downfalls was impressed still.

Blast Processed! Outrunner MIZPHIT's Avatar

I 'hate' most of the Flying Edge titles lol. They just had a consistent level of suck to them.

Knowing that Flying Edge published Robocop 3 and Terminator 2, I've always been thankful that Robocop Vs Terminator was in much better hands with Virgin Games...and kicked a ton of ass.
    Last edited by MIZPHIT; 08-08-2011 at 01:06 AM.

ding-doaw Raging in the Streets tomaitheous's Avatar

The main character looks like a douche bag. He annoys me.

I did. And it was. My serious gaming was done solo. I didn't take gaming too serious when friends were over (I'd rather go out and do something). Two player games were more important when going to the arcade, than the home system. So in that case, single player was never really a problem for me - for that game. The slow down was annoying, but the music and graphics and animation were great when it came out. I was playing FF at home! I also had SOR, which came out the same time and was pitted against FF in EGM - but it didn't change my opinion of FF. I loved that port. Inferior now, sure, but it was great when it came out. Arcade ports were NEVER 100% direct translations. There was always something left out (colors, stages, animation, enemies, bosses, etc).

Thread Information