Quantcast

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's The Most You've Ever Paid For A Video Game?

Off the top of my head?

Chuck Yeager's Fighter Combat: $2,700. The most I've spent for a single unreleased NES proto.

Arcadia VI: $1,500. Most I've spent for an incomplete unreleased NES proto.

Outback Joey CIB was well over $1,000 and I've spent thousands on prototype and sealed NES game lots ($3,500 for one group of NES protos, significantly more for a lot of sealed NES games).

Those are probably the most notable.

Wow, there's some serious spending going on amongst members of this forum My most expensive classic games:

MUSHA (complete) - $80
    Rockman Mega World - $40
    TMNT Hyperstone Heist - $25

I don't tend to spend real money on games. I may have spent more than $25 for some TG16 games, but that was 10 years ago or so and I can't recall exact amounts. Of course, I spent full price on a number of N64 games and Dreamcast games when they were current, so I suppose the MUSHA game is the only one that stands above the rest.

I don't pay full price for games anymore. No game is really worth $60, especially when it will be at least half that in 6 months.

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milkymagic View Post
    Yes

And man, you lucky dog!
    An unpurchased BIN listing does not count.

...But that did lead me to do a search for completed listings, and one sold for $110 two days ago. Wow.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Olls View Post
    What do you want me to say?
    Zebbe spent $1500 on a game; your $184 is pocket change.
    Not like that, how much did YOU spend on a game at the most?
    Of course I know there's people who have spend MUCH more than I'll possibly ever well.

Quote Originally Posted by JRedmond3 View Post
    Since when is that game worth $184?
    It was the cheapest one at the time, so I snagged it once I had the money for it.

Quote Originally Posted by sketch View Post
    Wow, there's some serious spending going on amongst members of this forum My most expensive classic games:

MUSHA (complete) - $80
    Rockman Mega World - $40
    TMNT Hyperstone Heist - $25

I don't tend to spend real money on games. I may have spent more than $25 for some TG16 games, but that was 10 years ago or so and I can't recall exact amounts. Of course, I spent full price on a number of N64 games and Dreamcast games when they were current, so I suppose the MUSHA game is the only one that stands above the rest.

I don't pay full price for games anymore. No game is really worth $60, especially when it will be at least half that in 6 months.
    How the bloody hell did you get Rockman Mega World for $40!?
    ***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

Game Developer Death Adder's minion

$150 US for a sealed copy of Terraforming. And if I ever win the lottery, I am prepared to offer $100,000 US for the only known surviving copy of PC Cocoron.

Wildside Expert

SNES

$120 for Super Fire Prowrestling Special import for SFC/SNES, when it was new, but that included overnight shipping.

I think that's the only time I've spent over $100 for a game, but there were a few $80-90 games in there, like the Phantasy Stars (not 4 though, for some reason I waited a long time to buy that and managed to snag a sealed copy for like $30 or $40 when I was just trying to track down a used copy (which at the time was harder than I thought it would be!))

I've never really spent a lot for vintage used games. Just not my thing I guess. I've got some that tend to go for a lot, like Panzer Dragoon Saga or Suikoden 2, but I got them when they were new before demand for them went up and jacked up prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderblaze16 View Post
    How the bloody hell did you get Rockman Mega World for $40!?
    Believe it or not, found it for that price on Half.com a few years back. It didn't have the booklet, but the cart and box were in good shape. I was surprised to find it at that price. Only thing I ever bought from that site.

The most that I ever spent was $190 for Panzer Dragoon Saga. The sad thing is, I never played it so I turned around and sold it for $200.

JY

Thread Information