Quantcast

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: semi-working sega cd

YM3438 Master! ESWAT Veteran evildragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ary incorparated
    Okay BTW megarace was shite wasnt it?.
    oh GOD, I am kinda happy the SegaCD won't run, so I don't accidentally put that CD-R back in it by accident..

"As I always say at this point in the show, have a nice DEATH, baby!"

He's a good actor, but during those years, that's just BAD..

Master of Shinobi ary incorparated's Avatar

a nes would out date it,i think itt,l need a week in rehab after playing this.

well, it appears my neighbor is an ex-sega employe.. he checked out my sega CD with is "SEGA CD Diagnostic Disc" (geez, that CD must be RARE!!), and it came up with a failing CD laser stepper motor.. when he smacked the side of the Sega CD, that changed to PASS...

blast processor Wildside Expert nik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by evildragon
    well, it appears my neighbor is an ex-sega employe.. he checked out my sega CD with is "SEGA CD Diagnostic Disc" (geez, that CD must be RARE!!), and it came up with a failing CD laser stepper motor.. when he smacked the side of the Sega CD, that changed to PASS...
    Oh man, that is awsome, you should tell him to sell some stuff, he probably has it all!

Quote Originally Posted by nik
    Oh man, that is awsome, you should tell him to sell some stuff, he probably has it all!
    he didn't want to sell any of the stuff.... he says it will come in handy (just like me needing to use it), and he has like everything sega, his Sega Genesis is loaded with everything, even the karaoke machine, all models of Sega CD, and all models of Genesis, each equipped with a 32X..

Too bad he wouldn't even sell me the working Sega CD unit.. (he says I can use them, but not keep them..)

he said he will "try" and get in touch with other ex-sega employees and find the stepper motor that mine needs.. OR, just a whole new unit...

Devil In A Midnight Mass WCPO Agent Flash1087's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by evildragon
    he said he will "try" and get in touch with other ex-sega employees and find the stepper motor that mine needs.. OR, just a whole new unit...
    For some reason I imagined something vaguely similar to the scene from Anchorman where Ron assembles the news team by blowing into a conch shell, except this time it'd be a guy in a Sonic shirt toting a box of Sega CD parts. With a conch shell.

...what? That isn't weird, is it?

Anyhow, it's way rad you have an ex-Sega employee for a neighbor. See if he can float you one of those 'replacement' CDX's we now know they're hiding.

great neighbour i have to say

i've recently bought a multi mega and it has exactly the same problem

reads audio cd's originals and cdr's without any problems, but to play a game in cdr i have to try several times, don't have an original games yet so i don't know if it reads properly original games.

what do you guys recommend? should i ask for a refund? (the seller has already tell me that i could send it back)

Fonz Road Rasher

When laser is a bit dead, it tend to only read audio CDR (because data correction is enough)... but on CDR data track, it fails...
    You should try an original disc first.

Then if original is ok, check another CDR brand... Or another burner... Some brands sux.

Good luck.

i'm using verbatim cd-r, with an LG burner, i was thinking about buying a plextor burner but at the moment i'm a bit low on cash

mine with the problem wouldn't read an original Sega CD game either.. it was a total bust..

I ended up buying a working Sega CD from nik, and have been using that since... (which reminds me, i need to start a thread, cause im stuck on Snatcher..)

guess i'll buy an original to check this out, thanks for the help

Thread Information