Quantcast

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best PS1 games not released in the US ?

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Jeckidy View Post
    Too bad most of the actual games themselves in the Japanese PS1 library are not anywhere near as beautiful or elaborate as their artwork would suggest. A lot of experimental stuff, true, but you can see why most of the ones that made it stateside were selected, because they work like someone actually cared. In fact, some of the PS1 imports on the system were almost as bad if not far worse than the trashiest imports on Saturn, from what I know, having owned a multitude of them on both systems in the past. Some are so laughably kitschy that they make the ten dollar PC board games at Walmart look like Metal Gear Solid in comparison.
    Yeah some of the Japan Only PS1 games are pretty mediocre at best, but i do feel Sega Saturn imports were a bit much more better than the PS1 until after Final Fantasy 7 and maybe a few games around late '96 - '97 were somewhat decent.

My proof with this experience was with a couple of terrible/not so great titles like Hakaiou King of Crusher, The Firemen 2 Pete & Danny (Not entirely crap at all but the overall gameplay of it felt shallow and nothing of a great follow-up to the Super Famicom/SNES original), Metal Jacket, Hard Edge, Rapid Reload aka Gunner's Heaven, Sōkaigi, and Steeldom.

Banned by Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by DSwizzy145 View Post
    Yeah some of the Japan Only PS1 games are pretty mediocre at best, but i do feel Sega Saturn imports were a bit much more better than the PS1 until after Final Fantasy 7 and maybe a few games around late '96 - '97 were somewhat decent.
    What are you talking about. What about my fave set of games, Shining Force 3 Scenario 2 & 3 & Premium Disk (I own all 3 Japanese versions too + with PD still sealed). For a good list, go here; http://segaretro.org/Category:1998_Saturn_games

But I also have this crazy fascination with the last year or so of Saturn released, because most are Japan exclusive and the mystery behind them all since I still greatly need to research this era. Combine with the crazyness behind these last Saturn days. And some really obscure/unique releases. Equals a lot of mystique for these games for this Saturn fanboy. Too bad there's no interest to translate some of the text heavier games like RPGs yet...

For some reason I have almost no interest in PS1 games after death of Saturn. As I don't recall anything interesting in gaming mags after those days, just new consoles hype for Dreamcast and PS2. So really felt like the end of an era too me post Saturn days excitement. Granted, not knowing much about PS1 games past 1998 should also peak my curiosity like for Saturn, but for some reason it doesn't. But I'm sure I'll eventually research that era more one of these days anyway.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    What are you talking about. What about my fave set of games, Shining Force 3 Scenario 2 & 3 & Premium Disk (I own all 3 Japanese versions too + with PD still sealed). For a good list, go here; http://segaretro.org/Category:1998_Saturn_games

But I also have this crazy fascination with the last year or so of Saturn released, because most are Japan exclusive and the mystery behind them all since I still greatly need to research this era. Combine with the crazyness behind these last Saturn days. And some really obscure/unique releases. Equals a lot of mystique for these games for this Saturn fanboy. Too bad there's no interest to translate some of the text heavier games like RPGs yet...

For some reason I have almost no interest in PS1 games after death of Saturn. As I don't recall anything interesting in gaming mags after those days, just new consoles hype for Dreamcast and PS2. So really felt like the end of an era too me post Saturn days excitement. Granted, not knowing much about PS1 games past 1998 should also peak my curiosity like for Saturn, but for some reason it doesn't. But I'm sure I'll eventually research that era more one of these days anyway.
    Oh yeah, true even a few from 1999 on the Sega Saturn are pretty great like Senken Kigyouden, Street Fighter Zero 3, Dungeons & Dragons Collection, Devicereign and Falcom Classics Collection that are worth playing on the Sega Saturn at the most.

Rockman 1-6 had a remastered soundtrack and a new HUD.

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by goldenband View Post
    This thread has gotten shredded by disappearing images, but here's most of the list of games in Barone's post #3:
    Thanks for digging it, but I can certainly improve that given what I know now and having refined my taste and criticism:

'70s Robot Anime: Geppy-X (1999)
    Advanced V.G. 2 (1998)
    Adventures of Little Ralph (1999)
    Air Race Championship (1999)
    Arkanoid Returns (1997)
    Asuka 120% Final: Burning Fest. Final (1999)
    Bakumatsu Rouman: Gekka no Kenshi (1999)
    Bedlam (1997)
    Calcolo! (1997)
    Captain Commando (1998)
    Choro Q 2 (1997)
    Choukousoku GranDoll (1997)
    Cotton 100%: Marchen Adventure (2003)
    Cotton Original (1999)
    Crisis Beat (1998)
    Crisis City (1998)
    Critical Blow (1997)
    CosmoWarrior Zero (2000)
    Darius Gaiden (1996)
    DoDonPachi (1998)
    DonPachi (1996)
    Doraemon: Nobita to Fukkatsu no Hoshi (1996)
    Downhill Snow (1998)
    Dragon Ball Z: Idainaru Dragon Ball Densetsu (1996)
    Earthworm Jim 2 (1996)
    Expert (1996)
    Explosive Racing (1997)
    Fantastic Pinball Kyutenkai (1995)
    Fighters' Impact (1997)
    Firebugs (2002)
    Fire Prowrestling G (1999)
    Formula 1 2001 (2001)
    GaiaSeed: Project Seed Trap (1996)
    Galaxian^3 (1996)
    Gamera 2000 (1997)
    Gear Senshi Dendoh (2001)
    Gouketuji Ichizoku 2: Chottodake Saikyou Densetsu (1995)
    Gradius Deluxe Pack (1996)
    Gradius Gaiden (1997)
    GT Kai: All Japan Grand Touring Car Championship (1996)
    Ganbare Goemon: Uchuu Kaizoku Akogingu (1996)
    Gundam: The Battle Master (1997)
    Gungage (1999)
    Gunners Heaven (1995)
    Gussun Oyoyo (1995)
    Harmful Park (1997)
    Hebereke's Popoitto (1995)
    Hermie Hopperhead: Scrap Panic (1995)
    Hokuto no Ken: Seiki Matsukyu Seishi Densetsu (2000)
    Hybrid (1997)
    International Superstar Soccer Deluxe (1997)
    iS: Internal Section (1999)
    Kaisoku Tenshi: The Rapid Angel (1998)
    Kitchen Panic (1998)
    Kyuin (1996)
    Lattice: 200EC7 (2000)
    Legend (1998)
    Little Big Adventure (1997)
    Love Game's: Wai Wai Tennis 2 (1999)
    Lucifer Ring (1998)
    Macross: Do You Remember Love (1999)
    Mad Stalker: Full Metal Force (1997)
    Magical Drop (1996)
    Magical Drop III + Wonderful! (1999)
    Magical Drop F: Daibouken Mo Rakujyanai! (1999)
    Makeruna! Makendou 2 (1995)
    Max Power Racing (1998)
    Mega Man X3 (1996)
    Mickey's Wild Adventure (1996)
    Motor Toon Grand Prix (1994)
    Nekketsu Oyako (1994)
    Night Raid (2002)
    Night Striker (1995)
    One on One (1998)
    Panzer Bandit (1997)
    Pop 'n' Pop (1998)
    Pop'n Tanks! (1999)
    Psychic Force 2 (1999)
    Puchi Carat (1998)
    Racingroovy VS (1997)
    Racing Lagoon (1999)
    Rally de Africa (1998)
    Rally de Europe (2000)
    Rescue Shot (2000)
    Ridegear Guybrave (1997)
    Real Bout Garou Densetsu (1997)
    Real Bout Garou Densetsu Special: Dominated Mind (1998)
    RockMan Battle & Chase (1997)
    Salamander Deluxe Pack Plus (1997)
    Samurai Spirits: Kenkaku Yubinan Pack (1998)
    Sexy Parodius (1996)
    Shiritsu Justice Gakuen: Nekketsu Seishun Nikki 2 (1999)
    Side by Side Special 2000 (1999)
    Slap Happy Rhythm Busters (2000)
    Snobow Kids Plus (1999)
    Strikers 1945 (1996)
    Taiketsu Rumi-Zu! (1996)
    Tenchi o Kurau II: Sekiheki no Tatakai (1996)
    Terracon (2000)
    The Battle: Kidou Senki Gundam W (2002)
    The Firemen 2: Pete & Danny (1995)
    The King of Fighters '98: Dream Match Never Ends (1999)
    Time Bokan Series: Bokan to Ippatsu! Doronbo (1996)
    Toaplan Shooting Battle 1 (1996)
    Tobal 2 (1997)
    Umihara Kawase Shun: Second Edition (2000)
    vib-ribbon (1999)
    Wangan Trial (1998)
    Wip3out (JP)/Wipeout 3 Special Edition (2000)
    Wonder 3 (1998)
    Wonder Trek (1998)
    World Soccer Winning Eleven 2002 (2002)
    Zanac X Zanac (2001)
    Zero Divide 2: The Secret Wish (1997)
    Zoku Gussun Oyoyo (1996)
    Last edited by Barone; 07-18-2016 at 12:38 AM.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

I'm surprised that the PlayStation didn't get a North American release of Earthworm Jim 2. I had the game for the Saturn, but I ended up trading it in for something else. I kind of regret that I got rid of it.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    Strikers 1945 (1996)
    Taiketsu Rumi-Zu! (1996)
    Tenchi o Kurau II: Sekiheki no Tatakai (1996)
    Zoku Gussun Oyoyo (1996)
    Strikers 1945 threw me until I remembered that the one we got in the US was actually Strikers 1945 II.

I enjoyed Taiketsu Rumi-Zu on the 3DO, despite the bad reviews it's gotten in a couple places. Some people have claimed it's impossible to figure out but I didn't have much trouble getting on its wavelength. I'll have to check out the PlayStation version -- the 3DO did suffer from a fair amount of slowdown.

Tenchi o Kurau II is a pretty nice beat-'em-up. My wife and I played it the other week -- it gets quite challenging late in the game. I suspect character choice is crucial; I started with Huang Zhong and struggled before changing to the fifth guy (I don't recall his name).

Zoku Gussun Oyoyo seems really fun! I played it only briefly but really liked the concept. I have copies of many of the others you've mentioned but haven't played them for more than a few minutes.

BTW it's nuts that there are 25 unique tennis games for the PlayStation, of which only 4 were released in the US -- and they didn't exactly pick the cream of the crop to localize. True, some of the games left behind were garbage, but the Smash Court series, the Wai Wai Tennis series, and World Pro Tennis '98 all seem much more promising than what we did get.

Hero of Algol

I enjoyed Taiketsu Rumi-Zu on the 3DO, despite the bad reviews it's gotten in a couple places. Some people have claimed it's impossible to figure out but I didn't have much trouble getting on its wavelength. I'll have to check out the PlayStation version -- the 3DO did suffer from a fair amount of slowdown.
    It's "trendy" to trash whatever lesser-known game you can't grasp the controls and mechanics within 10 seconds and call it a "kusoge".
    *cough* hg101 *cough*

Tenchi o Kurau II is a pretty nice beat-'em-up. My wife and I played it the other week -- it gets quite challenging late in the game. I suspect character choice is crucial; I started with Huang Zhong and struggled before changing to the fifth guy (I don't recall his name).
    This is one of those games that, for some reason, got buried in the past and are no longer considered as cool and appealing as they used to be.
    The PS1 version is solid, however, the Saturn's has more violence and content preserved from the original arcade game.

Zoku Gussun Oyoyo seems really fun! I played it only briefly but really liked the concept. I have copies of many of the others you've mentioned but haven't played them for more than a few minutes.
    Gussun Oyoyo is one of the best puzzle series I've played but I think the likes of CGR and Metal Jesus haven't yet discovered it for the masses and rocketed its price to no end. "Sadly".

BTW it's nuts that there are 25 unique tennis games for the PlayStation, of which only 4 were released in the US -- and they didn't exactly pick the cream of the crop to localize. True, some of the games left behind were garbage, but the Smash Court series, the Wai Wai Tennis series, and World Pro Tennis '98 all seem much more promising than what we did get.
    Wai Wai games are pretty simplistic but their controls are really good IMO. At first it feels weird but as you practice it will fit your hands like a glove, few games deliver the same sensation to me.

How does Arkanoid Returns work with the controller? Does it play well?

Love the list; very useful/helpful. I just broke down and bought a japanese PS2 earlier this year and am enjoying the benefits of being able to play pretty much whatever I want.
    "Two and two continue to make four, in spite of the whine of the amateur for three, or the cry of the critic for five." - James McNeill Whistler

I've been playing Buttsubushi lately. The main mode is too chaotic and random to be fully satisfying, but the puzzle mode is interesting, and it's a fairly polished game overall. It's also 100% in English (or at least the German/PAL release is), which obviously helps.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Prince Talmit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Convoy View Post
    How does Arkanoid Returns work with the controller? Does it play well?
    The Volume Controller works excellently for ball and paddles games. I played through all 100 levels of Arkanoid R 2000 and was mostly very boring. The control is very good.
    Other breakout-style games worth playing are the Simple Block Kuzushi 1 & 2, Block Kuzushi Kowashite Help!, and Block Kuzushi Deden no Gyakushuu. The Hello Kitty Block Kuzushi game is mighty charming and pretty fun to play too. I like block-breaking games which allow the player to tilt or thrust the paddle to alter the ball velocity and trajectory.
    I think I've played them all on PS1, and Cyborg009 is the only one which didn't click with me.

Reviving this thread, partly because I've updated post #34 -- which has a list of games released in both Japan and PAL territories, but not in North America -- and partly because I find this image of Mickey from post #2 extremely amusing:

I mean...what's going on there, exactly?

Meanwhile, to add some additional content, I've also got a list of PAL exclusives, taken from PlayStationCollecting.com before it went down with the other "Age" sites. Many are shovelware, I suspect, but not all.

PlayStation games exclusive to PAL regions/territories:

100% Star (AKA Popstar Maker, Newcomer: Be a Popstar)
    360: Three Sixty
    4-4-2 Soccer
    5 Star Racing
    A Bug's Life Activity Centre
    A2 Racer III: Europa Tour -> (Netherlands exclusive)
    Action Man: Destruction X
    Actua Golf 3
    Actua Ice Hockey 2
    Actua Soccer 2
    Actua Soccer 3
    Actua Soccer: Club Edition
    Actua Tennis
    Adiboo & Paziral's Secret
    Adibou et l'Ombre Verte (French exclusive)
    Adidas Power Soccer 2
    Adidas Power Soccer International '97
    AFL '99 (Australian exclusive)
    Aironauts
    Alex Ferguson's Player Manager 2001 (AKA Guy Roux Manager 2001, DSF Fussball Manager 2001)
    Alex Ferguson's Player Manager 2002 (AKA DSF Fussball Manager 2002)
    Alexandra Ledermann: Equitation Passion (AKA Mary King's Riding Star, Ulrich Kirchhoffs Riding Star, 'Lussan' Nathhorst Presenterar Riding Star)
    Alfred Chicken
    All Star Action
    All Star Soccer
    All Star Watersports
    All-Star Tennis 2000
    Amerzone: The Explorer's Legacy
    Anastasia
    Animal Football
    Animal Snap: Rescue Them 2 By 2
    Anstoss Premier Manager (AKA Premier Manager 2000, Canal+ Premier Manager)
    Aqua GT
    Aqua Paradise: Boku no Suizokukan
    Archer Maclean's 3D Pool
    Ark of Time
    Asterix
    Asterix & Obelix Take on Caesar
    Asterix: Mega Madness
    Atlantis: The Lost Continent
    Atlantis: The Lost Tales
    Attack of the Saucerman!
    Autobahn Raser II -> (German exclusive)
    Aztec: The Curse in the Heart of the City of Gold
    Baby Felix Tennis
    Barca Manager 2000 (AKA Player Manager 2000, Sportweek Player Manager 2000, Guy Roux Manager 2000,Calcio Manager 2000)
    BDFL Manager 2001 (AKA Manager de Liga 2001, Roger Lemerre: La Selection des Champions)
    BDFL Manager 2002 (AKA Manager de Liga 2002, LMA Manager 2002, Roger Lemerre: La Selection des Champions 2002)
    BeatMania - This is different from the Japanese copy
    Bedlam (US version was cancelled)
    Blood Lines
    Brian Lara Cricket (AKA Shane Warne Cricket '99)
    Brian Lara Cricket / Jonah Lomu Rugby
    Bundesliga 2000: The Football Manager (AKA The F.A. Premier League Football Manager 2000)
    Bundesliga Stars 2000 (AKA Primera Division Stars, The F.A. Premier League Stars)
    Bundesliga Stars 2001 (AKA LNF Stars 2001, The F.A. Premier League Stars 2001)
    California Surfing
    California Watersports
    Carmageddon
    Catan: Die Erste Insel -> (German exclusive)
    Championship Manager Quiz
    Chill
    China: The Forbidden City
    Chris Kamara's Street Soccer
    Cindy's Caribbean Holiday
    Cindy's Fashion World
    Constructor
    Cricket 2000
    CT Special Forces (North American release was canceled)
    CT Special Forces: Back to Hell (AKA Elite Squad)
    CT Special Forces 3: Bioterror
    The Dalmatians
    Dalmatians 2
    Dance: UK eXtra Trax
    Dance:UK
    Dancing Stage Euromix
    Dancing Stage Fever
    Dancing Stage Fusion
    Dancing Stage Party Edition
    Davis Cup Complete Tennis
    Detective Mouse
    Dinomaster Party
    Dinosaurs
    Discworld Noir
    Disney's Learning with Mickey
    Dodgem Arena
    Dreams
    Earthworm Jim 2 (NA version cancelled)
    Egypt 1156 B.C.: Tomb of the Pharaoh
    Egypt II: The Heliopolis Prophecy
    Europe Racer
    European Super League
    Evo's Space Adventures
    Extreme 500 (AKA Suzuki Alstare Challenge)
    Extreme Ghostbusters: The Ultimate Invasion
    FA Manager
    The F.A. Premier League Football Manager 2001 (AKA Football Manager Bundesliga 2001)
    Final Fantasy Anthology: European Edition - not to be confused with American copy - This includes ff4 and ff5
    Firebugs
    Flying Squadron
    Football Madness
    Formula GP
    Formula Karts Special Edition
    Formula One 2001
    Formula One Arcade
    Frenzy!
    Global Domination
    Goldie
    GP Challenge
    Grande Fratello - Il Gioco (Italian exclusive)
    The Guardian of Darkness
    Gute Zeiten - Schlechte Zeiten: Quiz (German exclusive)
    Gute Zeiten - Schlechte Zeiten: Volume 2 (German exclusive)
    Gute Zeiten - Schlechte Zeiten: Volume 3 (German exclusive)
    Guy Roux Football Manager: Saison 97/98 (French exclusive)
    Guy Roux Manager '99 (AKA Player Manager Ninety Nine)
    Help Charity Compilation
    Herkules
    Hidden & Dangerous
    Hotshot
    Hugo
    Hugo 2
    Hugo Frog Fighter
    Hugo: Black Diamond Fever
    Hugo: The Quest for the Sunstones
    Hunchback of Notredame
    Infestation
    International Cricket Captain 2000
    International Cricket Captain 2001: Ashes Edition
    International Cricket Captain 2002
    International Karate +
    International Superstar Soccer Deluxe
    Invasion
    Iznogoud (AKA Saban's Iznogoud)
    Jeff Wayne's The War of the Worlds
    Jet Ace
    Jetracer
    Jim Henson's The Hoobs
    Jinx
    Kart Challenge
    Kick Off World
    Kirikou
    KKND: Krossfire
    Legend
    Legend of Mulan
    Legend of Pocahontas
    Les Visiteurs: La Relique de Sainte Rolande
    Lion and the King
    Lion and the King 2
    Live Wire!
    LMA Manager (AKA Manager de Liga)
    LMA Manager 2001 English Pack
    LMA Manager 2001 Scottish Pack
    LMA Manager 2002
    London Racer
    London Racer II
    Lord of the Jungle
    Louvre: The Final Curse
    Lucky Luke: Western Fever
    Marcel Desailly Pro Football (AKA Sven-Goran Eriksson's World Cup Challenge, WM Nationalspieler)
    Men in Black: The Game
    Michael Owen's World League Soccer 99
    Michael Schumacher Racing World Kart 2002
    Mickey's Wild Adventure
    Mille Miglia
    The Mission
    Monster Racer
    Monte Carlo Games Compendium
    Moorhuhn 2 (AKA Crazy Chicken 2) - German
    Moorhen 3: Chicken Chase - German
    Moorhuhn Kart (AKA Crazy Chicken Kart, AKA Moorhuhn Kart XXL) - German
    Moorhuhn X - German
    Moses Prince of Egypt
    Motor Mash
    Music
    Necronomicon: The Dawning of Darkness
    Nice Cats
    Noddy's Magic Adventure
    Omega Assault
    Paris-Marseille Racing (French exclusive)
    Paris-Marseille Racing II (French exclusive)
    Pax Corpus
    Perfect Assassin
    PGA European Tour Golf
    Plane Crazy
    Player Manager
    Player Manager 2000
    Player Manager Ninenty Nine
    Premier Manager 2000
    Premier Manager 98
    Premier Manager Ninety Nine
    Pro Body Boarding
    Pro Evolution Soccer
    Puma Street Soccer
    Quiz Show (Custom Italian Version of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire")
    Radikal Bikers
    Raven Project, The
    Retro Force
    Rhythm Beat
    Robin Hood: The Siege
    Robocod: James Pond II
    Roland Garros French Open 2001
    Ronaldo V-Football
    RTL Skispringen 2002 (German exclusive)
    Santa Claus Saves the Earth
    Schnappi - Das kleine Krokodil (Three Fun Games) (German exclusive)
    Sensible Soccer
    Shadow Gunner: The Robot Wars
    Shoot (German exclusive)
    Silent Iron
    Sitting Ducks
    Sky Sports Football Quiz
    Sky Sports Football Quiz Season 02
    Snow Racer 98
    Soccer '97
    Soccer Kid
    Space Debris
    Space Rider
    Speed Machines
    Sports Superbike
    Stock Car Racer
    Strike Force Hydra
    Super Dropzone: Intergalactic Rescue Mission
    Super Match Soccer
    Superbike Masters
    Sven-Goeran Eriksson's World Challenge
    Sven-Goeran Eriksson's World Manager
    Sword of Camelot, The
    Tank Racer
    Taxi 2 (French exclusive)
    Technomage
    Terracon
    This is Football
    This is Football 2
    Tintin: Destination Adventure
    Titan Wars
    Tommi Maekinen Rally
    Toys
    Trash It
    Trickshot
    Truck Racing
    Truck Rally
    Tunguska
    Tweenies: Game Time
    Ubik
    UEFA Challenge
    UEFA Champions League Season 1998/99
    UEFA Champions League Season 1999/2000
    UEFA Champions League Season 2000/2001
    UEFA Euro 2000
    USA Racer
    V-Ball: Beach Volley Heroes
    V2000 (AKA Virus 2000)
    Versailles (AKA Versailles - A Game of Intrigue)
    Viper
    Virus: It is aware
    Wanted
    Warm Up! (AKA Warm Up! GP 2001)
    Wer Wird Millionar: Dritte Edition (German exclusive - Basically a German exclusive version of Who Wants To Be a Millionaire)
    Westlife: Fan-o-Mania
    Who Wants to Be a Millionaire - Junior
    Windsurfers Paradise
    Winky the Little Bear
    World Championship Snooker
    World League Basketball
    World Tennis Stars
    Worms Pinball
    WRC FIA World Rally Championship Arcade
    X-COM: Terror from the Deep
    X'treme Roller
    Xenocracy
    Yetisports Deluxe
    Yetisports World Tour
    Z

unlicensed PAL releases:
    (see here for details; all were released in PS2 cases but are PS1-compatible)
    DSP Music Revelation (a music CD is included with soundtracks from various video games)
    Feeding Frenzy (screensaver with predator theme)
    Fun+Learn1ing Volume 1 (educational game)
    Fun+Learn1ing Volume 2 (educational game)
    Virtual Aquarium (screensaver with aquarium, space and lava lamp theme)
    Virtual Fireplace (screensaver with fireplace, space and disco theme)

removed/moved:
    C3 Racing: Car Constructors Championship (AKA Max Power Racing) (license localization of TNN Motor Sports Hardcore TR, which was released in the US, so this isn't a PAL exclusive; per Barone, Max Power Racing is the preferred version)
    Wip3out Special Edition - moved to PAL+JPN list
    Last edited by goldenband; 02-21-2021 at 06:19 PM. Reason: added weird non-game unlicensed releases

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Also on SS of course

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Hero of Algol

Meanwhile, to add some additional content, I've also got a list of PAL exclusives, taken from PlayStationCollecting.com before it went down with the other "Age" sites. Many are shovelware, I suspect, but not all.

PlayStation games exclusive to PAL regions/territories:
    C3 Racing: Car Constructors Championship (AKA Max Power Racing)
    I'll highlight other games later but a few things here:
    - Not exactly an European exclusive since TNN Motor Sports Hardcore TR was released in US and it's more of a license localization than anything.
    - Sequel to the very good Total Drivin (or Car and Driver Presents: Grand Tour Racing '98 in US); with better difficulty balance (the first game gets way too hard later on).
    - One of the most advanced racing engines of that generation, especially in consoles.
    - Max Power Racing is the best version to go with IMO, Max Power was an over-the-top sports car magazine in UK; so this is vaguely comparable to Road & Track Presents: The Need For Speed.
    - Better than most racing games on both the N64 and Saturn racing libraries, so definitely not shovelware. It's not spectacular, but it's a solid racer and with some unique features.

Wip3out Special Edition
    Not European exclusive either, since it has the same content of the Japanese version.
    The "Special Edition" part is valid only when compared to the US release; it's identical to the regular JP release of Wip3out.

Thread Information