Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Space Adventure

Really loved playing it way back when and really hope to pick up a PAL copy someday. Not as good as Snatcher of course (nothing is), but still one of my all time favs. Personally I didn't mind the voice acting from what I can remember.

I've got to take some time to play my copy of this game. Thanks for this review Ken, I've been waiting for one for a long time now and was toying around with writing one. Will definitely have to try this game out now.
    Check out my review channel at GameFaqs here. Then feel free to leave feedback and comment here

Master of Shinobi

Bump from hell!

I'm just playing through the PC Engine version of this at the moment but I played the Mega-CD version some time ago. The game isn't perfect, it's a linear as a straight line and it doesn't have the optional content that something like Snatcher does, but it's not bad on the whole. It's a really good port too. The graphics are pretty much identical to the original version, the music is generally superior, and there's no censorship of the nudity. Which lends the question, why were Snatcher and Rise of the Dragon censored exactly?

I really need to pick up a legit copy of the Sega version sometime, I just wish I'd done it years ago when it was relatively cheap.

Death Bringer ESWAT Veteran Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silanda View Post
    Bump from hell!

I'm just playing through the PC Engine version of this at the moment but I played the Mega-CD version some time ago. The game isn't perfect, it's a linear as a straight line and it doesn't have the optional content that something like Snatcher does, but it's not bad on the whole. It's a really good port too. The graphics are pretty much identical to the original version, the music is generally superior, and there's no censorship of the nudity. Which lends the question, why were Snatcher and Rise of the Dragon censored exactly?

I really need to pick up a legit copy of the Sega version sometime, I just wish I'd done it years ago when it was relatively cheap.
    Hudson published Space Adventure and Konami published Snatcher. Different companies choose to censor different things and the date a game is published factors in.

Space Adventure also has segments where you can wander around and many more opportunities to die. They're equally linear.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post
    Space Adventure also has segments where you can wander around and many more opportunities to die. They're equally linear.
    Nope, sorry but I've got to disagree with you on this one. Snatcher has a ton of content that you never need to see in order to finish the game, lots of dialogue you never need to read and people you never need to meet: the whole computer database, info on characters, staff, videophone calls, extra conversations, the fortune teller, the ramen seller, Neo Kobe Pizza, etc. There are also shooting sections and a few puzzles to mix things up as well as a few parts where you don't have to do things in a completely linear order. Cobra has none of that. Yeah, you can walk around at times but there's no hidden content to find. Typically you go through all the choices at a particular location and then the next one opens up. Granted, there is a puzzle later in the game but IIRC that's pretty much the only section that differed.

Don't get me wrong, I like the game, but it really has little of the world building extra detail that Snatcher has, or the illusion of freedom.

Thread Information